Autopsy Roast and toast vs West Coast and changes for Gold Coast round 17

Best vs Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for intrusion but this had all the hallmarks of a tune up win and a side that I reckon is setting up to peak in the finals. Sure eagles got a few junk time goals. You guys are the only side capable of beating the Dees. Also a rare victory in Winning the frees against WCE. If the AFL / umpiring bias is removed for the finals I reckon you’ll win it.
As much as I would love to agree with you, these 1 quarter fade outs will kill the boys against the top teams. 4 games we have lost so far due to these fade outs. Boys need to get on top of it before finals

Glad that one is in the books. Rioli and Pickett were superb. Defensively we leaked a lot of goals and their dominance at the centre was worrying. Natanui gave Soldo a bath. Hope Martin off is just an abundance of caution. Did what we had to and now next week’s game looks as a season definer and tough assignment. Would give Gibcus a spell.

Eagles are improving and had a point to prove after we embarrassed them on their home deck. I will take the win but our defence has been poor all year. We leaked too many easy goals against Geelong and Sydney which has cost us top 4. If our defence can improve before the finals we give ourselves a chance
Defensive structure wasn’t amazing but definitely not helped by our midfield
Clean clearances and zero pressure on those kicks into 50 very difficult to defend

If not for that 3rd quarter fade out could have been a 60-70 point win

Our nanna naps are going to bite us in the ass

you mean besides the 4 games weve lost while having a 5 goal lead some point in the 3rd quarter?

time to accept we dont appear to have the tank to go 4 quarters at the intensity we showed in the 2nd and last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Floss and George fought it out for clanger of the year, both liabilities today, Gibcus needs a rest, decision making and skills woeful on occasions.

Thankfully whilst getting literally smashed in the contest we still found a way. Play like that next week and we lose easily. Without Rioli and Pickett we probably go close to losing that game.

So typical of recent times that as soon as we look to regain a mid we could lose another. Can't seem to actually have a game with our strongest mids. Dusty probably having more of it today then any other game and he could be missing next week. Hopefully scans will show very little damage, more the medical staff being conservative.

Very good win in the end. IMHO i reckon Eagles would've beaten most sides playing like that in their GF today. Tim Kelly all of a sudden remembered how good he can be, Nic Nat doing Nic Nat things and that Jamie Cripps bloke most underrated Eagles player ever. Ice in his veins. A clutch player in big games. Gee but Dan Rioli and Marlion Pickett were magnificent today. Should get back Meatball and maybe Cotch next week. GO TIGES.
tigers GIF

Eagles are improving and had a point to prove after we embarrassed them on their home deck. I will take the win but our defence has been poor all year. We leaked too many easy goals against Geelong and Sydney which has cost us top 4. If our defence can improve before the finals we give ourselves a chance
Defence, u have to be fooking kidding right?

Let in way too many easy goals. Lots of brain fades. Good news is if we play like that and still win by six goals the upside should be huge when it clicks.

Massive two weeks coming up. Hope the GOAT isn’t out for long

K mac and Pickett gave there all....
Really need to fix the intensity when playing the lower teams, to often we start soft and allow crap teams to push us.

Wonder if this is deliberate. Our premiership years have seemed to see us just doing enough then increasing intensity in the last few rounds and peaking in the finals?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wonder if this is deliberate. Our premiership years have seemed to see us just doing enough then increasing intensity in the last few rounds and peaking in the finals?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Looking at our draw wouldn’t be a shock if we have increased the training loads to peak in finals like you mentioned

Bye few weeks ago and now West Coast, GC and North
Decent block to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back