Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Top 5 v Hawks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

tried watching the replay this morning...didn't last long
we are just a tough team to watch.
the defence is all over the place, granted it would be tough with the ball coming in all day non stop.
graham,short and macca can and must all go - just taking up a spot they don't deserve
hard to understand Millers last month or so - the drop off is alarming

why can't we sack Hopper? If you can't perform, then a team should be able to move a player on.
Hopper doesn't look fit. If an opponent beats him to the ball he just stops and looks. His fat arse won't let him turn.

We have such a good coach in the reserves with Steven Morris who has had to manage equally disastrous player availability issues but more importantly the players are invested are accountable and want to play for the coach and bleed for the coach.

In the seniors well we have a side that has no recognition of a game plan and is like a festering wound that is oozing

i see what you did there.gif

Hugo showing some great growth this year, definitely a piece of the next premiership puzzle.

Mansell has surpassed my expectations so far, has something we can work with going forward. Has that unconditional attack on the player and ball that inspires. Also surprised by his goal sense.

Bauer was a highlight for me, a couple of poor kicks but man he’s got potential, just needs a couple of years of experience and consistency to show what he’s got.

I thought Ross acquitted himself pretty well considering his lack of preparation. Pretty awful early, but the longer the game went the more confidence he found. I like how holds the ball a bit longer than most, either absorbing the tackle or baulks to space. He doesn't worry to much about the coming pressure so generally uses the ball well. We have not had that sort of composure all season apart from when Prestia is up and about.

I thought Ross acquitted himself pretty well considering his lack of preparation. Pretty awful early, but the longer the game went the more confidence he found. I like how holds the ball a bit longer than most, either absorbing the tackle or baulks to space. He doesn't worry to much about the coming pressure so generally uses the ball well. We have not had that sort of composure all season apart from when Prestia is up and about.

Spot on. Has a really nice side step now. Used to think he would hold on too long and got caught, but now he has the ability to buy himself more time and then uses it well.

Yze has suggested multiple times in the pressers that there are possibly multiple retirees.

Dusty the first.
Grimes?
McIntosh?
Naismith?

Going against popular opinion here but I think McIntosh is capable of playing on (not saying it needs to be in the seniors..) and Prestia is still our best mid, so will get another year before retiring at the end of 2025.

Who else do we think is on the way out?

My thoughts from going today.

Blight is miles off. I hope we don’t offer him a contract. He ran around like a headless chook, miles off his opponents, his lack of positioning made it much harder on everyone else.

Miller, is liability. Nowhere near blight levels of stupid, but he’s got no idea of what he’s doing.

We can’t mark our undies. Our lack of marking power, makes it hard for our backs to move the ball. No one offers any aerial threat so our opponents can just sag off and make our life hard.

Nankervis isn’t a ruckman arseh*le. The hawthorn Ruck fed his mids all game. Ours had to wait flat footed because the ball never got tapped to them. There is no point recruiting more midfielders if we don’t improve in the ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great Post
We need to bring in another ruck either through the draft or FA, love Nank but he is not a captain and the last 3 weeks he has be smashed, sorry... but J Short needs to be traded he has been a liability all season, as for Blight he did well in his 1st game but yesterday looked lost, positives Bauer, Hugo, Banks, and I thought Jack Ross had a good game after being out for so long, Bomb the list, get as many 1st and 2nd round picks as possible and rebuild with a couple of FA's, we have had one hell of a ride and this off season will be an interesting watch.

My concern with Hopper is his decision making.
He often gives a handball off to a player under pressure or asks for a cheap ball then gets himself into trouble..

The big difference with us and the Hawks is that their 21 year olds have played 70 games while ours have played 15-20
Mcdonald is only 21 and looks like a solid AFL player. Banks is the same age and is only just starting to look comfortable.

it will take time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great Post
We need to bring in another ruck either through the draft or FA, love Nank but he is not a captain and the last 3 weeks he has be smashed, sorry... but J Short needs to be traded he has been a liability all season, as for Blight he did well in his 1st game but yesterday looked lost, positives Bauer, Hugo, Banks, and I thought Jack Ross had a good game after being out for so long, Bomb the list, get as many 1st and 2nd round picks as possible and rebuild with a couple of FA's, we have had one hell of a ride and this off season will be an interesting watch.
Nank last 2 weeks: broke even vs the Saints for hit outs to advantage, beat Meek in that stat on the weekend. Broke even with the Saints on clearances. Broke even with the Hawks on clearances too.
Just been outplayed elsewhere.
Can't kick a score ourselves.
Concede too big a score.
we need Lynch kicking 3 a week with Kosi, Balta, Bauer, LeFau chipping in a few.
Some oppo fwd always has a career best game. Gibcus, Young, Broad, Miller, Tresize, Blight have had bags kicked on them.

I didn't rate Prestia's game at all. The combo of Hopper, Taranto and him is too one paced. Sonsie and Dow add nothing different. None can hit the scoreboard at all.
I doubt we can move Hopper or Taranto on so, Dion retiring would be a start.

I didn't rate Prestia's game at all. The combo of Hopper, Taranto and him is too one paced. Sonsie and Dow add nothing different. None can hit the scoreboard at all.
I doubt we can move Hopper or Taranto on so, Dion retiring would be a start.
No Prestia wasn't great yesterday, but when he is up and about he has the time with the ball to steady and make good decisions, that is what has made him so good. Still think he is about our best mid, which is scary. Hopefully he has a bit of luck injury wise and turns back the clock next season.

My thoughts from going today.

Blight is miles off. I hope we don’t offer him a contract. He ran around like a headless chook, miles off his opponents, his lack of positioning made it much harder on everyone else.

Miller, is liability. Nowhere near blight levels of stupid, but he’s got no idea of what he’s doing.

We can’t mark our undies. Our lack of marking power, makes it hard for our backs to move the ball. No one offers any aerial threat so our opponents can just sag off and make our life hard.

Nankervis isn’t a ruckman arseh*le. The hawthorn Ruck fed his mids all game. Ours had to wait flat footed because the ball never got tapped to them. There is no point recruiting more midfielders if we don’t improve in the ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blight is new to AFL level footy and think he at least deserves an off season to learn what’s required. Give him a 12 month deal and tell him it’s up to him to prove his worth. As for Miller, totally agree. Not a defenders a hole based on the last month or so. Solely a back up player imo, as we can’t offload him as he’s been signed up for another 1-2 years?

No Prestia wasn't great yesterday, but when he is up and about he has the time with the ball to steady and make good decisions, that is what has made him so good. Still think he is about our best mid, which is scary. Hopefully he has a bit of luck injury wise and turns back the clock next season.
Hawks centre clearances are excellent every game I see them. so we lost the game in the first quarter. Hopper, Taranto & Prestia and Ross tried hard but were smashed. Hopper and Taranto are poor kicks around the ground too. Sonsie & Dow are not the answer yet. Kmac2 maybe next year. Get Langford or a kid in there next year. F knows why Bolton ain't a permanent mid. Rioli is sprinting heaps off half back get him or Hugo into the mix. Pickett has been injured ~ and offered a bit in the past, but he's been horrendous with the ball too.

Then flashbacks to Jason Dunstall ~ lead out chest mark kick another goal.
3 gamer Blight & Tresize is a bit green. Miller out of form.

Another typical 2024 game.

Well beaten for a period, some spirited fight, even showing a glimmer of hope at one stage before a mistake or 2 ruins it and the oppo win comfortably enough.

Could be worse, 1st qtr X 4 = 150pt loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Back