Autopsy Roast & Toast v Carlton & Changes for Fremantle

Top 5 v Carlton

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see the match.
How did Mcauliffe go?
Didn't take his opportunity. Was no better than Dow. You can see he will be a player though. Went missing for long periods though. I can see why he was preferred as the sub.

Game Over Poison GIF

It seemed like the first quarter, we were playing an effective zone coverage - then in the 2nd quarter, Carlton started to break it down. The number of times their small forwards were just standing in space was very noticeable - there were free players all over their forward 50.

Interesting result - in the first half, two of our 'key' small forwards - Bolton, Baker - hardly touched it. They got more of it the 2nd half, and we were crap. Not saying it was their fault, but maybe we were forced into a different gameplan that was not as effective.

Looking at the kids:

Campbell - he looks OK when he gets it, but he doesn't get it enough. But he's young, so we can wait a couple of years.
McAuliffe - didn't notice him.
Brown - similar (good mark excepted). Has been .... reasonable... this season.
Sonsie - needs a lot of work. Too slow of thought. Getting the ball more, but has trouble after that.
Miller - good, and getting better (got votes)
Hugo - seems to have lost his good form from earlier in the year - had a shocker. We'll see.

Old guys

Vlastuin - still worth his spot - had a tough one today.
Nank - good enough. Needs some 6'10 help.
Martin - euwrgh.
Graham - euwrgh. Euwrgh.
Broad - hanging in there with his smarts, but slowing dramatically, and playing 'softer'.
Kmac - still chugging along, doing his stuff, gets most things right, and should stay next year.
Short - oh, god no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real disappointing thing about Dusty is he can no longer shrug off an opponent.
Now he looks like he couldn't even have the strength to do a push up.
That's been the case all year sadly.

Going to be super important in this rebuild. Can't chuck 3 x 18yo in the middle and say good luck šŸ¤£
Worked for Melbourne back in the day and North :drunk:

50 percent each team in own fwd half- problems with converting and pressure to keep it in. our entries are poor quality. it ainā€™t rocket science. gray must be close. we need skilled mids. out for me on a permanent basis are graham short macca. games into sonsie. games into banks etc. blight good. shai letā€™s trade- lazy flashy footballer. keep rioli he gives us class. letā€™s do a real rebuild.

The real disappointing thing about Dusty is he can no longer shrug off an opponent.
Now he looks like he couldn't even have the strength to do a push up.
I dont think he has the sharpness he had, makes it worse with games that are really fast pace like this one was, just shows how far off he is physicaly and probably mentaly.

Got the Dees a flag in 2021 I'm sure of it. šŸ¤£
All off the back of ruining Trengrove and Scully without them they would of been nothing

A 10-goal loss to Carlton. Yet when they were collecting and we were winning flags, the biggest we won by was 43 points.

I will never accept a coach saying ā€œwe donā€™t win by 10 goalsā€ ever again. The next time weā€™re good, I want us to crush teams without hesitation like they crush us. Itā€™s so unbelievably frustrating.
So much this.
We never put them away, not truly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Carlton & Changes for Fremantle

Back