Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Top 5 v GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We managed to stop the orange tsunami. No one seems to understand that. We took away their biggest strength.
Everyone noticed when they did get it going but look at their inside 50 stat and compare with what they normally do. Mcintosh was the player used in our F50 to do that. It worked.
I understand it’s not clear on tv but was obvious at the ground.
They still kicked 17 goals with Riccardi missing several easy shots.

Kmac aint getting dropped so at least he's not on the wing anymore.

Clearly the ability to kick a winning score is a problem, however that will hopefully be rectified by improving our list (quality KPFs, classy smalls), continuity and learning the game plan.

A bigger issue for mine has been our press when the ball is in our F50. I’d love to see a stat for goals conceded from Rebound 50s, how many times has the oppo full forward kicked a goal from the goal square on his own? It’s far too high and teams have been getting goal side of us all year, our deepest defender is regularly 60m - 70m from goal - no other team squeezes this aggressively. At one stage yesterday Miller was surrounded by Greene, Cadman, Riccardi and Hogan. You look up and see Broad, Balta and Vlastuin on the wing - either playing to instruction or piss farting around - meanwhile the entire Giants forward line have got out the back. Miller had a poor day when the ball was in his area but he is constantly having to defend more than he bargained for and has done so admirably.

It’s no coincidence a forward line with quick, smart players like the Giants’ were able to go at such a ridiculous efficiency, we were giving them what they wanted.
Yep, I understand us trying to get a bit more score on the board and without knowing the numbers it’s probably the most shots on goal we have had for a long time but I didn’t like the way we left Toby Greene so open. He is one of the smartest players in the game and he just feasted on our turnovers. A guy like him you just don’t let out of your sight, he’s had an ordinary year by his standards but we let him do as he liked.

I don't think Yze is a dud coach but agree that he is too conscious of upsetting the senior players. Hopefully this attitude changes over the few months and next season. Our off field leaders seem to be missing, and no one addresses it.
If u look at the games it is our senior players causing issues
Rioli terrible banana kick result goal
Shorts terrible kick to Nank result goal
Short terrible pull out goal
The kids will make mistakes but the senior players need some serious talking to and action taken at selection

I apologise to Kosi. After roasting him at 1/2 time, he put in the effort in the 2nd half. Still not good enough but at least he improved.

My roast goes to Short. He stood and watched that kick and didn’t run at the contest. Lazy sod. His year has been horrible and surely Tresize takes his place for the rest of the season.

Loving watching Brown, Banks, Steely and HRS. They look likely players.
Good comments I was at the game and was actually laughing at Kosi he tries but seriously I don’t think he will make it would rather play Sampson who I think will be a player in 18 months get more time into him NOW

To be full strength in the back half and get opened up like that is pretty pathetic.

The sooner Teague and Rutten **** off the better.
Agree they need to be looked at very hard
Meehan also if no good get rid of him I think we lack fitness and strength and our conditioning is a disgrace someone needs to be held responsible for all these soft tissue injuries

I was one of the 19,000 today but I regretted it pretty early on. Club standards have plummeted. I don't know where to start, Miller's half-hearted attempts at spoiling and playing metres away from Hogan, Sonsie's efforts and lack of pace/application, Ryan's inability to impact and constantly being outbustled in physical contests with an inability to take a mark (how much longer can we wait for this guy), McIntosh's horrible skills, Short's lack of leadership and courage. I could go on but I think I've had enough of watching this crap. The club expects supporters to be loyal and attend games but unless there are consequences for half-hearted efforts and an obvious standards uplift then crowd attendance will be poor. On a positive note the VFL team was impressive in all parts of the ground.
Agree with most of your comments but I am bullish on Ryan he needs a lot of conditioning we need to recruit a good person here to put size on him plus get our guys fitter
Got to say was the coldest I have been at footy for years

I was happy today - stupid happy, but happy.

Finally got to see a game live.

We really contended with GWS, who got us on cleanness and maturity.

Some of the kids did well - Green, Banks etc

Midfield worked well in general.

KPFs couldn't take a mark or convert opportunities, unfortunately. But Sampson could actually hold his own in the AFL for he first time. Huge step up.

Pick 1 looks fairly well locked in maybe 2 if we beat North.

Overall, I see a team that has weaknesses, but has he ability to improve fairly quickly if he right players are added. High end skilled mids and KPFs particularly.

few issues, Miller missing some punches, kozi can't kick straight, Ryan can't mark. Minor issues we can fix by ....
Look I have doubts over Miller he confirmed to me on Sunday though he has had a good year
With Gibcus hopefully playing plus Balta and Blight I liked his size and effort think he is 4th best tall
Kosi seriously doubt whether he will make it his marking is poor and he is incredibly slow
Ryan I think will be a very good player once he adds some muscle and grunt
Need a huge pre season and a good conditioning guy

In the draft we need 2 mids specifically with breakaway pace and elite foot skills from stoppages and definitely not 1 but 2 key forwards. Need to start planning now for life after Lynch within the next 2 years.

And the biggest change off season is a complete overhaul of the high performance fitness team. Probably more important than a change in assistant coaches.

Get these things right and our bounce back might surprise the comp.
An excellent synopsis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kids will make mistakes but the senior players need some serious talking to and action taken at selection
I expect better performance from senior players especially who have won 2-3 flags.

Good comments I was at the game and was actually laughing at Kosi he tries but seriously I don’t think he will make it would rather play Sampson who I think will be a player in 18 months get more time into him NOW

Neither are a long term answer, Ryans effort is poor. As soon as the ball hits the deck he just stands there and is out of the play. Which is a worry for a player that cant really mark the ball. He is a very poor mans Vickery and Vickery wasnt good enough.

Look how quickly Lefau moved ahead of both of these guys, and Mykelti looked miles off the standard last year.

Spot on.
Which is why I'm baffled by people who can't see exactly how poor we are and think it's just a mattr of slotting a few players back in.
The senior players have been average.

I generally like your work and Ryan may still make it as you say in 18 months, but he can do it in the VFL until he shows more than what we witnessed again. The side cannot have the ball just swept away from him on the ground or easily knocked away from him in the air. He with Kmac killed us in the FL bc they allowed the ball out of the FL without a genuine contest and a lack of pace . They are really killing us atm. I mentioned in the Yze thread he basically plays bc he’s 206cm , but when you think about it is he really giving Nank a chop out or of any assistance to Kosi in the FL. My answer is no to both and I would play Bauer even after a low possession vfl game bc at least he’s competitive in the air and on the deck and a beautiful kick for goal. Then Kosi can assist Nank.

Spot on.
Which is why I'm baffled by people who can't see exactly how poor we are and think it's just a mattr of slotting a few players back in.
The senior players have been average.
Kane Cornes said it months ago , but nobody believed him bc he is despised on here. It’s been obvious from almost round zero and it’s been annoying that Yze hasn’t dropped some of them along the way. The count is one and that was Kmac who was rushed back too soon as he played a couple of average games afterwards and then quickly regressed to the poor standards he’s set for three or so years.

It was Nank to Short

I won’t attend if Jayden Short is in the side.

I’ve decided Yze is a poor coach and too worried about being nice to our senior dud players.

He doesn’t know how to use a sub.

Sonsie is finished in Yellow and Black. Bloke has no heart. A nail in the coffin to Matty Clarke and that opportunity for the 2021 draft. He ****ed it up.

Benny Gale can leave. Now. 19k at the game, club has lost its aura by piss farting around for years now about Treaty, Aboriginal stuff. Everything but winning football. Club is now a mess. He needs to go.

We need a new President. One who has balls and communicates. Absolute piss weak bloke. He can **** off.

Prestia is finished. But Yze wants him to stay on. Bet he wants to keep Grimes next year too.

Club don’t know where they are at.

Steely Green 👏 amazing what happens when you give a kid a go.

See ya Daniel Rioli. Enjoy that Instagram life in the GC. Trade please.

Short needs to go for whatever.

Baker needs to be traded.

Bolton can go as well.

Burn it down. Both on the field and off it.
What at unbelievable shit take.

What at unbelievable shit take.
Cmon mate it’s called after game passion. I’m sure Tigerbob has calmed down by now.
I asked him permission if I could copy and paste it 😂 bc I was so angry . Then I realised it was more with the umpiring bc of three poor free kicks , two to them and one we didn’t get and then Short’s squib. When I actually relaxed and thought about it all there were some really promising signs and the negatives on the day were heavily outweighed by the positives.

Have we had to change our Grippo? I remember people saying that we had some unknown formula for grippo that was a big advantage in the wet. I think it was Daisy thomas who mentioned how grippy it was.

The amount of players slipping and having to take 2 bites at the cherry with the ball now is insane to a few years ago.

Look I have doubts over Miller he confirmed to me on Sunday though he has had a good year
With Gibcus hopefully playing plus Balta and Blight I liked his size and effort think he is 4th best tall
Kosi seriously doubt whether he will make it his marking is poor and he is incredibly slow
Ryan I think will be a very good player once he adds some muscle and grunt
Need a huge pre season and a good conditioning guy
When Kosi plays behind the ball he seems much more confident and quicker. With Miller I think he’s becoming more competitive the more he plays and if he could bring that when he plays forward I think he could be a good deep forward. Maybe the two will swap ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Back