Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort for 3 quarters...

Positives:
  • Mansell (he's our new Jake King)
  • Rioli's first half
  • Dion appearing not to be injured (touch wood)
  • Seth Campbell looked fresher after a game off - good selection strategy
  • Tresize pretty good
  • Steely Green looked good again
  • Kaleb Smith did some good (and the odd bad but good learning experience)
  • Running forward in waves when we got it in our defensive half - looked more cohesive.

Negatives:
  • fell apart when Nank went off
  • Kosi's lack of ability to compete in the air - bloody crack in - you've got a big frame, use it.
  • Broad making the sort of errors players do when they are almost done and going through the motions.
  • Obvious push in the back that killed any momentum and the game. The missed one when Mansell was flattened behind the play was ordinary as well.
  • Leaving Houston without any attention once he became more dangerous than having Rioli free... (in the 3rd).
  • Not convinced on Brown as a forward.

Changes:
Tempting to drop Broad and play Brown back there

In: Taranto, Dusty (if fit), Vlaustin, Bauer
Out: Dow (first in, first out), Broad (had multiple shocking moments with and without the ball), Sonsie, Kosi/Ryan

If Nank is out, then bring Blight in and play Balta in the ruck, resting forward.

Into VFL team: MRJ, Pickett (if fit), Cumbo, Graham, Sonsie, Broad, Dow, Kosi/Ryan
Worst game I’ve seen broad play , yep Nigel was excellent, well done to him , he certainly has a crack

It’s dead easy to see why they experimented, our f50 is shit , he can take a mark the idea would be to compete across HF , early on he made a couple ,,,,drifted out of the game , can’t play 6 players across HB ,,,,I’d play him off a wing , with his delivery that’s about perfect
Not having a dig at him you could see he really tried but he isn't a forward and it's pretty sad our coaches don't see it.

Good 3 quarter effort, simply out run, out smarted and out classed in the last quarter which is exactly as you would expect the script to play out. Can't see us winning another game TBH so Yze has a chance to maybe experiment a little in the remaining games.

Would like to see Bauer come into the side up forward, if Nank is out injured then play Kosi in the ruck the entire game, he should be pretty fresh after tonight. Give some other guys a bit of a run through the midfield, maybe Steely Green, or even throw a bigger body like Macca in there just to knock some bodies around, been a liability on the wing and elsewhere he has played, seems to get picked regardless.

I know Blight has his issues with his kicking but I would persevere with him for the remainder of the season, send Balta up forward for periods, maybe switch them around to provide some chance of taking a contested mark inside forward 50.

Pretty bare pickings otherwise, hopefully we get back another couple of the injured troops next week. Yze seemed very relaxed on the side line tonight, am really hoping he hasn't over estimated the current squad's capacity to bounce back next season.

The senior players at the moment are the proverbial boat anchors and can't see that changing, the hierarchy need to make some important contract decisions end of season if they are serious about a rebuild.

If we had two key forwards better than kozi and Ryan we’d be miles ahead of where we are now , they’re quintessential wooden spoon players
Even with them out, we still have Broad, Short, KMac, Dow, and Sonsie surrounded by kids who are going to be inconsistent. Apart from Lynch and Taranto, our injury list is thin on experienced talent. Sure, Gibcus, Ross, and Lefau are promising, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on them delivering. The rest is just wishcasting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside from the last quarter with no Nank, there were quite a few green shoots moments where we were running it out of defence and scoring goals - it had glimpses of the Richmond we prefer to remember. If we recruit well and prune a little dead wood (I’m looking at you senior players who have checked out), we might start seeing a little more in the win column next year.

Even with them out, we still have Broad, Short, KMac, Dow, and Sonsie surrounded by kids who are going to be inconsistent. Apart from Lynch and Taranto, our injury list is thin on experienced talent. Sure, Gibcus, Ross, and Lefau are promising, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on them delivering. The rest is just wishcasting.
Ross was a 20-25p mid , in his place is sonz,,,lefau could at least take a mark and threatened when it went near him . TT goes out and Dow comes in . I’ve forgotten lynch even plays for us any more

nice enough effort for 3/4 I'll take it...

ooooz has had plenty of time to look at JGTI, broad, macca, sonz, short, dow, baker, dusty, prestia etc etc.

keep, cull & trades of up to 10 players very likely

fresh new look tigers in 2025
What will our tenth pick be this year. Doubt we'll have 10 changes. 7 maybe 8 tops... including rookie elevations. Not saying I wouldn't agree with it but I doubt it happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast v Port and Changes v Pies

Back