Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Adelaide & Changes for Hawthorn

Best Players vs Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

1) McIntosh, Conca, B.Ellis can't kick a footy. Turnovers lose games. That's the basis of our small forward pressure game.
2) Caddy can only play in squares: goal and centre.
3) C.Ellis had 11 disposals at 100%. He might not get a lot of it but he made the right decisions. Something McIntosh, Conca and B.Ellis fail to do. Led the 1%'s last week and wasn't the worst this week so don't see how he should be dropped.

In: Prestia, C.Moore/Chol Vlastuin
Out: Conca, Bolton, Caddy (susp.)

Key Matchups:
McIntosh vs I.Smith
Townsend vs Sicily
Lambert vs T.Mitchell
Vlastuin vs Burgoyne

Chopping Block:
McIntosh + B.Ellis - 2 poor weeks in a row now, 1 more sub par performance and they're out.

would've won by 3 goals with meatball and professional umps

hate all the high and mighty campaigners that say the umps have nothing to do with result. exact reason they have been absolute shit for so long and nothing changes
Are u serious? They lost Matt crouch and were missing b crouch, Douglas and Sloane was visibly in pain. Umps don’t make u lose the contested possies by 48 and disposals by 140 odd. I admit they got some crap ones but y do people think free kick counts have to be even? We clearly second to the ball all night, you’re going to give more frees away playing like that

Outs
Corey Ellis. Too good for ressies. Not good enough for Seniors.
Reece Conca. See above.
Shai Bolton. It’s not all about you Shai.
Ins
Tigger
Prestia. Sorely missed
Callum Moore. Will be very good
On notice
Brandon Ellis
Can’t take the Hawks lightly at all. Massive game.

Meh.
This Game. means nothing in the scheme of things.
Next week and onwards we move.
Agreed. Barring some miracle or severe mental capitulation from Adelaide I never had us winning

For me it just highlighted how much we miss Broad. Had inklings last week but no Vlastuin really made it stand out

Agreed. Barring some miracle or severe mental capitulation from Adelaide I never had us winning

For me it just highlighted how much we miss Broad. Had inklings last week but no Vlastuin really made it stand out

I completely agree re Broad. Which is probably why we should be looking to blood Garthwaite or one of the rookies early this year.

We can’t get away with being too short at both ends. Vlastuin also makes a difference as well and usually has a real impact after his first couple of games.

Can’t believe I tumbled for that camp rubbish and changed my tip!

oppositions biggest bodied mid has had their best games in their career in the first two rounds.
Whilst we run around with short people.
we need to develop a 190cm mid.
Send McIntosh to the twos for reprogramming, seems the only one on the list who has the size and is half added at the moment.
Bolton has no defensive game .
Likewise Cellis. castagna is a downhill skier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three big forwards and we were to little to roll the defense around.
We get a lot more from the back half if Astbury can take some marks.
Broads 6"3 and heavy, can play smaller and can stand in a contest.
We're a different looking side with
Vlaustin, Broad, Prestia, Rioli.
We didn't have enough flexibility last night and played too many players out of their best position trying to play out best game style.
We were at about 85% of our best and we're only 9 points down in the last at Adelaide.

I completely agree re Broad. Which is probably why we should be looking to blood Garthwaite or one of the rookies early this year.

We can’t get away with being too short at both ends. Vlastuin also makes a difference as well and usually has a real impact after his first couple of games.
Doesn't have the tank like Broad unfortunately

1) McIntosh, Conca, B.Ellis can't kick a footy. Turnovers lose games. That's the basis of our small forward pressure game.
2) Caddy can only play in squares: goal and centre.
3) C.Ellis had 11 disposals at 100%. He might not get a lot of it but he made the right decisions. Something McIntosh, Conca and B.Ellis fail to do. Led the 1%'s last week and wasn't the worst this week so don't see how he should be dropped.

In: Prestia, C.Moore/Chol Vlastuin
Out: Conca, Bolton, Caddy (susp.)

Key Matchups:
McIntosh vs I.Smith
Townsend vs Sicily
Lambert vs T.Mitchell
Vlastuin vs Burgoyne

Chopping Block:
McIntosh + B.Ellis - 2 poor weeks in a row now, 1 more sub par performance and they're out.

As I said earlier. Corey had 0 kicks and two handballs at half time. Got some in the 2nd half but was not damaging. He doesn't break lines.

Worst of all he avoids physical contact at all costs. Now if you are to do that then you need some really good tricks in your bag like pace or be a 4 quarter gut runner. Corey is none of that.

He simply won't make it in a good team.

Can’t believe I tumbled for that camp rubbish and changed my tip!
I should have increased my margin thanks to that
Simple fact was Adelaide had to win no matter what, as if it redeemed their not turning up in the GF. But look at what it cost them with their injuries

For us it was just round 2

I should have increased my margin thanks to that
Simple fact was Adelaide had to win no matter what, as if it redeemed their not turning up in the GF. But look at what it cost them with their injuries

For us it was just round 2
Yeah I’ve been certain of that loss since fixture was released, and then I fall for that rubbish.

Well it’s only Rd 2 so no time to panic and throw the baby out with the bath water . But jeez our skills were poor and I still think we got lucky with small forward line last year and need to play another tall. Chol not a footballer so it’s gotta be Moore. Depending on today’s vfl match id like to see
Out - Conca, Bolton & Cellis,
In - Vlastin, CMoore, Prestia.
Lloyd comes in if Caddy gets suspended (which would be the softest report ever )

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Astbury hahaha
He's an important cog in our back six, but when you take out two defenders who give him a chop out suddenly the whole BL looks shite. We've had two big scores kicked against us which is totally out of character. Take two bolts out of a Ferrari gear box and see how well it runs.

Well I did tip Adelaide, however margin was nowhere near enough.

We really need, at the very least, Vlaustin and Prestia back against Hawthorn.

Miles I think needs to come in, he’s not big bodied but he is a good contested player and Tom Mitchell will get another 40+ positions from the centre next week if we don’t bring in another contested ball winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Adelaide & Changes for Hawthorn

Back