AFL Toast Round 15: 17 point win against North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the hospitality in the preview thread during the week and all the best for the rest of the year.
You too. Always a pleasure conversing with you

Great game, North played very well, we played better. Was a real 4 quarter effort. Can't fault anyone.

Certainly would like to see some of our young defenders given a crack over Dea, but he was very good. Definitely keeps his spot again.

Saad is shades of Lovett when he runs with the footy. Picks a gap he should never be able to get through, then effortlessly slides in to that extra gear and flies past.

Langford looking so composed in traffic. So glad he's in #4. Will start to take control of games within 12 months. Kicking not quite today.

Key posts of McKernan and Brown and our forward line is back to its potent best. Who'd have thought?

Just back from the game.

It was a really good too see an open game with both sides going for the win instead of locking down and trying not to lose !

Zerrett was immense, Hepp very good. Smack good ,( Stewart has to really work if he wants in) Langford is growing.

Another 4 pts now on to Next week !

To be fair to him, Hurley wasn't great. Neither were Hooker or Ambrose.
he wasn't great. But he was pretty good, and he sure as shit wasn't poor.

25d - 20 of which were kicks
9 marks - 3 contested

In a shoot out.

Calling him "not great" is just wrong. He contributed to the team and did his job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt see the game but will watch replay later.

Was the umpiring as bad as an 11-21 free kick count suggests, or we playing angry, clumsy footy?

Seemed pretty bad to me. Norf player pushes Brown in back and Brown crashes into back of Norf player in front of him = free kick Norf, not to Brown. Bit like a couple of the frees paid for West Coast that should have went to us. Non-payment of marks in the D50 that led to Norf goals. Would have been infuriating had we lost. I don't know why Norf fans would complain about the umpiring at all this year.

he wasn't great. But he was pretty good, and he sure as shit wasn't poor.

25d - 20 of which were kicks
9 marks - 3 contested

In a shoot out.

Calling him "not great" is just wrong. He contributed to the team and did his job.
Look to be fair, our defence gave up some very easy goals. Not saying Hurley was the worst because he took some important marks and won some important contests. Hurley, Ambrose and Hooker didn't play at their best today. I don't think anyone was shit today.

I might cop some criticism for this, but I think we could have used a smaller Ridley/Francis type player over Ambrose.

Look to be fair, our defence gave up some very easy goals. Not saying Hurley was the worst because he took some important marks and won some important contests. Hurley, Ambrose and Hooker didn't play at their best today. I don't think anyone was shit today.

I might cop some criticism for this, but I think we could have used a smaller Ridley/Francis type player over Ambrose.
they gave up some goals in a 20 goal to 17 goal shootout? Noooo!!!

In all seriousness though, you're agreeing with me. Hurley wasn't poor. Was he best on ground? No. But ****, we throttled them in a high scoring game. Shits me people want to take potshots after that, especially erroneous ones

Langford is playing very well in close and one on one he is winning them battles too. He looks like an AAA mid at times.

For me it's the team confidence we have that is getting us though the tough games and poor umpiring. 2nd game in a row we have won the clearances and uncontested posession but yet we had twice as many frees against plus all the no calls that dont have a stat.

I was surrounded by Essendon supporters tonight. Sat on the wing on level one. Literally surrounded by them. When I sat down they were ok, I chatted with them all’s good.

So then the game starts and they’re cheering * and I’m cheering North. All good but then it happens, Can’t remember who but an * player was denied a mark after he dropped the ball on the ground and the call is play on. * Supporter yells bullshit! I tell him you’re not allowed to let the ball hit the ground when you’re not in control. Well * supporter turns to me and says “you’re not my my friend don’t talk to me anymore”

Ok I said.

So obviously I took it apon myself to absolutely berate Essendon at every opportunity. From Hird to Dank to Bomber Thompson, imagine if Daniher was as reliable as Brown. Such a waste of a season. Can’t make the finals. Won’t get a good draft pick. What school girl is Stringer sleeping with tonight.

And of course Goddards rug got a mention.

They got pretty agitated and asked me to leave. LOL. Of course I only became more obnoxious
“Of course I only became more obnoxious” flog logic
A message to all norf fans - “don’t talk to me, you are not my friend”

North are having a full blown meltdown on their board. Be sure to remind them about it the next time they make the journey to another club's board after a win, if they have another win this season that is. Quite a shameful display of poor sportsmanship all in all.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast Round 15: 17 point win against North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back