Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Sam Frost’s corridor kick to Jarman Impey opened up an opportunity to get the ball rolling!
Thought I'd come back to this.

People comment on Frostball a lot. I've seen quite a few situations where Frost's daring dash and kicking has been key for us in really hard fought wins, but I can't think of any where it's been really obvious in close losses. In big losses I've definitely noticed it, but in games like yesterday's his caution to the wind style seems to pay off more than not.

Gotta win ugly sometimes and when it's 12th versus 4th on the ladder it's fair to expect the other team is going to get on top at some stage. Think you're being far too critical.

I feel like some supporters think we should be dominating sides as though we've still got the threepeat team just because we've started winning again.
I think some people aren't giving Freo the credit they deserve. They are a good team that made us, for parts, play the way they wanted us to play. Credit to our boys for overcoming and getting our first win over Longmuir.

Terrific win in the circumstances. Thought overall we were just ok.. our kicking and long bombing into the forward line was frustrating.

Was a good response at 3/4 time, our midfield stepped up after being beaten a bit early.

Mitch was MVP, he’s ability to move the magnets around was critical and shows our development this season.

I thought it showed our ability when there was high pressure throughout.

Watson great pressure, deserved two goals (Calsh will be glad it wasn’t too close in the end), .

If this is a reference to Watson's "touched on the line" goal 1. It was Meek not Dear (Sam threw Calsher under the bus in press conference. Dear doesn't make the same mistake twice). 2. Meek didn't touch it, it was an umpire error in the initial call, and potato cameras with 1fph gave "inconclusive" evidence. But most could tell he didn't touch it. If umpire called a goal it wouldn't have been overturned.

If this is a reference to Watson's "touched on the line" goal 1. It was Meek not Dear (Sam threw Calsher under the bus in press conference. Dear doesn't make the same mistake twice). 2. Meek didn't touch it, it was an umpire error in the initial call, and potato cameras with 1fph gave "inconclusive" evidence. But most could tell he didn't touch it. If umpire called a goal it wouldn't have been overturned.
3. It was definitely Dear

Don’t get this ‘we had no right to win’ attitude. Just watched the game again and first 10 minutes we were on top, couldn’t put the hammer down. 2nd quarter we won. 3rd quarter we lost obviously but then final quarter we iced it.

Thought Meek was huge today, was concerned a more agile ruck may give him trouble like last week but his follow up, bustling and tackling today were great today.
It was more the last quarter for mine. As exciting as it was, it was also excruciating. I need to watch it again but with some of those soft turnovers and constant kicking into the mark it was a minor miracle we didn't cough this up. So we absolutely didn't ice it all. It was only Wiz's goal that sealed it. Freo were making the same mistakes though, so it was a high pressure game – no doubt about that. But the fact we held our nerve makes it our best win of the year i reckon.

Just a weird little take from the last quarter.

We iced the game when we started playing the Northern wing. They poor guys were blinded going forward on the southern side. Couldn't hit a target to save themselves in that afternoon sun.

I think that's why Freo kept play covered on that side, we just managed to break through late.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Just a weird little take from the last quarter.

We iced the game when we started playing the Northern wing. They poor guys were blinded going forward on the southern side. Couldn't hit a target to save themselves in that afternoon sun.

I think that's why Freo kept play covered on that side, we just managed to break through late.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
Ground runs north south, I think you are meaning the western side wing

I just want to say to those of u who saw that game and are complaining about being dominated or us not playing well. Guess what we r not out there by ourselves. Fremantle came to play. Their pressure was high and they have some really good players.

This was one of our best games of the season given the opponent. Unlike last week where we folded under the pressure we gave some of it back. Yes there was some frustrating moments going inside 50 and yes some players were being over shadowed by their opponents. It would have been easy for us to lie down and give up after 3rd qtr.

Meeky who was dominated in that 3rd qtr by his opponent after spending the whole qtr on the ground symbolised our fight. Newk followed Meek's example and the rest of the team lifted.

I am not sure some of u realise what a great win that was against a really good opponent in a finals like intensity game.

I am over the ****in moon was really worried about this game. Onwards and upwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Weddle back up Meek in the Ruck now instead of Chol?? He really is that Blicavs mould.

Wiz was good - liked he was getting up the ground.

Midfield won the clearances. Meek was awesome.

Lots of mistakes from both sides but pressure was high.

Chol and Frenchie didn't have the best days.

I thought Chol did a lot better than the stat sheet suggested. Laid a huge tackle early on which set the tone of the game. Kicked a goal and set up a couple. Almost kicked a second that was touched on the line.

Did get beat a few too many times aerially for my liking but Freo have some very strong interceptors so have to give credit where it's due.

I just want to say to those of u who saw that game and are complaining about being dominated or us not playing well. Guess what we r not out there by ourselves. Fremantle came to play. Their pressure was high and they have some really good players.
The game swayed a lot, I didn't think we made the most of our dominance in the second quarter.

What really stood out to me was the way we started attacking the corridor in the third quarter when Freo seemed to have all the momentum. It was ballsy and it worked.

It was Dear. He's got no awareness of where the goal line is yet.

Great win yesterday almost overshadowed by the three idiots calling the game.

Gerard Healy's comments immediately after Newcombe's incredible goal were expressed with as much enthusiasm as if he was telling a child their pet dog had died.

Didn't go there to gloat but took a look at the first few pages of the Freo autopsy thread and gee wiz it's like we watched a different game. I don't even think we melt that hard.
It's the expectations. A lot of them expected to roll us with ease. It's a big let down hence the reaction. They also have this real fear of it being another false dawn.

It's the expectations. A lot of them expected to roll us with ease. It's a big let down hence the reaction. They also have this real fear of it being another false dawn.
1000010986.jpg

They were at the top of the triangle, now they're bottom right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back