Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. These digs at Omera and Mitchell are quite embarrassing. Weird takes
Mitchell has taken a few swings at the club so can cop a bit of heat.

JOM all class though!

I just want to say to those of u who saw that game and are complaining about being dominated or us not playing well. Guess what we r not out there by ourselves. Fremantle came to play. Their pressure was high and they have some really good players.

This was one of our best games of the season given the opponent. Unlike last week where we folded under the pressure we gave some of it back. Yes there was some frustrating moments going inside 50 and yes some players were being over shadowed by their opponents. It would have been easy for us to lie down and give up after 3rd qtr.

Meeky who was dominated in that 3rd qtr by his opponent after spending the whole qtr on the ground symbolised our fight. Newk followed Meek's example and the rest of the team lifted.

I am not sure some of u realise what a great win that was against a really good opponent in a finals like intensity game.

I am over the ****in moon was really worried about this game. Onwards and upwards

I endorse this post.

I’m still in shock that we won. Great result for a developing team but a lot of lessons to learn and improvement to come. I don’t think we played that well very fumbly some howlers from good kicks and some players to my view had very poor outings. But that makes it all the more enjoyable, meritorious and dare I say it increasingly exciting! I still think we are more development than performance as we are very young and game plans take time to embed. Also major pressure was on from the outset and they had us on toast in q3, but we hung around and took our chances when they presented. Another sizeable step in the right direction but feels so much better with a W attached!

I'd prefer our forwards sheperd the ball through on the goal line rather than attempt to mark it. Something to practice next preseason.

Not just on goal line, I feel like other teams do a lot better job of this and blocking players run. Most of our players put in a nominal effort.

For example look at this wizard kick. Should not the hawks player put a better block or sheperd on the player from side trying to pressure the wiz. Everyone knows he is going to go sideways. Just run with him and don't make it easy.

....I'm not a questioner of our Club's methodology re rehabilitating players, but it was clear as ****ing day that everyone within the coaching ranks would have been holding their breath at him lining up for the game against the Cats, instead of being supremely confident he was 100% ready for what was to come.

We were smart enough with Chad to know he hadn't cleared the injury bug, should have done similarly IMO with Lewis.
I think you're being a bit tough on the club. It's a new ACL injury, nothing to do with his 'cartilage' problems. You can rehab for a thousand years but it doesn't protect you from sustaining a new injury.

Not just on goal line, I feel like other teams do a lot better job of this and blocking players run. Most of our players put in a nominal effort.

For example look at this wizard kick. Should not the hawks player put a better block or sheperd on the player from side trying to pressure the wiz. Everyone knows he is going to go sideways. Just run with him and don't make it easy.

1. ABC
daylight
2. AFL Nation
3. 6PR

Is there any other team that has such an even spread of contributors at the moment? We have our stars who stand up at times, but our spread is better than I’ve seen in almost a decade.

It’s very difficult to pick the best players, as an argument could be made for 12+ players to be top 5 for us.

For me, that’s our best win. Freo are the in form side of the comp.

I think it is fair to say that Calsher has exceeded everyone’s expectations.

His launch and ability to meet the ball at its highest shows a level of ball tracking that, only 4 other Hawks have.

But Calsher also shows talent when the ball is on the deck.

The KeY thing to note here is that Calsher is just 18 years of age.

Aside: I read in Bigfooty that there was a guy who regularly towelled up Calsher in his under 18 years.

If you are that guy… try out for BoxHill.
We must track down “that guy” could be Alex Pierara mythical backman haha

Hate to say I told y'all, but never in doubt!
That was the response I expected.

Probably wasn't expecting such a high quality contest though. One of the games of the season and I'm not being funny.

An absolute arm wrestle.

Newk with a last quarter for the ages. Sicily ditto.

Stoked for Wardy. Low possession game all round, but thought he looked more involved than his 10 touches would suggest.
But, but, but Tassie games are always boring as ****.

I agree btw, had a great day at York Park. Came away a little hoarse with all the advice I was trying to send the way of a couple of the umpire’s and cheering the boys on.

Wardy looked intent on keeping his spot early. Faded a little, but was working hard all day.
Thought it was pretty shit hearing a chunk of the crowd booing him today. The bloke didn’t even want to leave!
Can’t say I noticed any booing at Jaeger at the ground. He gave Mass a bit of a shove in front of us at one stage, but I don’t think he was even booed then?

They was plenty of booing towards the three blokes in lime green though!

Just heard Will Day speak on TSFS, he’s a star - you guys have an absolute gem there

Cripps, Bont type vibes - natural leader without being FIGJAM
Thanks - that's high praise but I can see where you're coming from.

Drafted at pick 13 too - same number as Cripps was.

But, but, but Tassie games are always boring as ****.

I agree btw, had a great day at York Park. Came away a little hoarse with all the advice I was trying to send the way of a couple of the umpire’s and cheering the boys on.

Wardy looked intent on keeping his spot early. Faded a little, but was working hard all day.

Can’t say I noticed any booing at Jaeger at the ground. He gave Mass a bit of a shove in front of us at one stage, but I don’t think he was even booed then?

They was plenty of booing towards the three blokes in lime green though!
Was at the game and he was definitely booed, just a couple of times in the first and second.

Was at the game and he was definitely booed, just a couple of times in the first and second.
Fair enough, I am a bit deaf but certainly didn’t notice it from our seats.

Poor form if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just want to say to those of u who saw that game and are complaining about being dominated or us not playing well. Guess what we r not out there by ourselves. Fremantle came to play. Their pressure was high and they have some really good players.

This was one of our best games of the season given the opponent. Unlike last week where we folded under the pressure we gave some of it back. Yes there was some frustrating moments going inside 50 and yes some players were being over shadowed by their opponents. It would have been easy for us to lie down and give up after 3rd qtr.

Meeky who was dominated in that 3rd qtr by his opponent after spending the whole qtr on the ground symbolised our fight. Newk followed Meek's example and the rest of the team lifted.

I am not sure some of u realise what a great win that was against a really good opponent in a finals like intensity game.

I am over the ****in moon was really worried about this game. Onwards and upwards

It felt like finals level intensity, especially in the first half. Both clubs very physical.

Given the age profiles of both lists I can see us battling with the Dockers in the pointy end for many years to come.

Is there any other team that has such an even spread of contributors at the moment? We have our stars who stand up at times, but our spread is better than I’ve seen in almost a decade.

It’s very difficult to pick the best players, as an argument could be made for 12+ players to be top 5 for us.

For me, that’s our best win. Freo are the in form side of the comp.
Sam has talked about this a number of times. He doesn’t want/rely on one or two players to get it 30 times regularly ……. prefers to see a number of players getting it 20 times 👍

That was a fantastic result. Against a top 4 side. Behind at 3/4 time. Some in here seem to be underselling what a good performance that was because we didnt dominate the entire game. That was a tough hard fought win. Great footy.

Evidence once again that we have learnt from the Port loss. Once we got in front we kept trying to push forward right to the end. Didn't go into our shells and try and protect a lead. It eventually got Watson's sealer. Best way to make sure of a win is to keep scoring.

Seemed to be the same scoring end all game:

= 16.12

Whereas the other end:
= 8.11
I meant the wing they we transiting through in the last quarter. The stadium wing (near side on TV) in the last quarter was shaded and 45 degrees off the line of the sun, while the far side was looking directly into it. You could see the players struggling with it.

I can't screen capture Kayo, so can't show you. Sorry.

Look it's not something that's very important, just that the sun was a pain in the butt on that far wing going left of screen.

If there's any truth to this rumour then Harvey's probably setback his senior coaching aspirations somewhat within the industry.

Imagine having front row, insider access to our rebuild and to then be so blatantly incorrect about its viability. Some might even notice that it really got going strong after he left...

Harvey was only with us for one year, so he never got to see the process.

As a Tasmanian I'm very disappointed in this post. A perfect opportunity to have a crack at our two heads completely wasted.
Kids only have two heads if their mum can't outrun her brothers.

The point they’re trying to make is that just because we won doesn’t mean that we played very well. You sound more focused on the W column when we really need to find a way to achieve the dominance we had over West coast Richmond etc over the better teams. Perhaps this ugly win was the first step to that but only time will tell and there will continue to be grumblings until we are back to dominating the league and winning threepeats. I think that’s pretty healthy actually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back