Review Round 2 versus Richmond, the autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

It's easy to throw the blame on Bucks but what about Hine? He drafts these kids who can't seem to kick. Bucks can do everything right but if we miss goals and targets that other sides don't we will go nowhere. And no coach will change that. Maybe start with Hine.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder if people realise that there is not much there to replace players.

The real replacements are either injured or not quite ready or both suspended / injured. Not saying all of these are the answers, but they would be the replacements.

Wells, Elliot, De Goey (a bit dumb hmmm), Greenwood, Langdon, Varcoe, Sinclair, Wills, Scharenberg.

So who is realistically left to push into the side, and it's not a flash list left:

Dunn, brown (very raw), Keeffe, Thomas (rookie), Daicos, Kirby (not ready), Sier, Crocker (if ready?) Oxley, Cox.

Not a lot really is it?

I'll add in Josh Smith.

The only thing he's good at is getting cheap possessions, can't kick or defend.. no athletic ability..

Will be a staple in the team for the next 6 years though because he's Bucks favourite
Maynard too.

I've been a fan but he's just not improving.

At least our reserves give us hope.:rolleyes:

We should have won that game by at least 5-7 goals and we have nobody to blame but ourselves. We lost that game as opposed to Richmond winning it. 2 goals, 5 behinds, 2 out on the full from 9 shots on goal in second quarter killed us; as did easy misses early in the third. That you could sense the frustration in Harvey during a 3 quarter time interview is telling, Harvey also summed it up perfectly when he stated we kept Richmond interested.

On Fox : 19 set shots for 5 g 9 behinds and 5 out of bounds

FFS Ramsay, Phillips and Broomhead have 30 games experience between them, two are returning from LTI's, played their role and still they cop it? I know it's a vent, but that's what the game day thread is for leave it out of here.

Exactly. Doesn't look like we've improved this season so might as well pump games into our talented kids. Keep Aish and Broomhead in. They have class and showed in patches. They'll be better once they get a good run at it. Adams took quite a while to get going as well when we first traded him in. At least we know they have talent. Unlike Blair... What's the bet the selection committee will drop Aish and Broomhead and keep Blair in. That's what does my head in.

Going to be a long year....
I know we haven't had a great functioning forwardline ever since Daicos was slotting them from the grandstand in the early 90's, but gee this current setup is woeful.

A few players need to be given the chop completely. Blair has to be the first of these. Maynard and Crisp close behind Schade needs to quickly develop a clue or he is also gone.

Problem is, who can even come in? We hardly have much ready to go.

We had a superbly functioning forward line between 01-03. Rocca, Taz, Neon, Dids, N.Davis etc were brilliant together.

It's seriously a sad night for the club and it's supports. The last 5 years have been a big waste. Who are the next group of players who will take the team deep into September? We don't even have a half decent back line. We still cant kick (been an issue for years now) and our goal kicking is just criminal. Let's see how long it will take for Eddie to tell bucks its time to leave. Finally just heard the pies are into Dusty big time....why the hell would he want to come to the pies?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Ram Mayo and Fas were ok. Schade has upside, just not yet.

Sorry but Ramsay, Maynard and Fasolo were terrible tonight. Smith was terrible, Reid was average at best, Sidebottom was disinterested, Adams was just ok, Crisp was poor, Moore was average at best, Blair was borderline VFL Reserves standard and Aish wasn't really present. I'm sure I"m missing a few but those came immediately to mind.

It's one thing to be innacurate.. that's not Buckley's fault.

It's Buckley's job to teach the boys to connect the dots.. or complete the jigsaw puzzle.

Buckley doesn't even know how to complete a friggen 2 puzzle jigsaw himself.. how the f is he gonna teach 22 to complete a 1000 piece jigsaw.

Buckley.. pack your bags.. and wave goodbye. Had enough of the bs.

Agree,
It's also his job to teach the players how to milk cows, pay their bills and brush their teeth.
The players themselves should never be accountable for anything.
17 points up. Fasolo, sorry Buckley missed a set shot 35m out directly in front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a bit of time to think about this game.
To be brutally honest we lack a system We lack a game plan.
In the last quater the players didn't buy in to what Buckley was telling them.
People in this forum can say what ever they want about Moore, but at his age and development he should not be the number one banana in the forward line Buckey is killing him!
Goldsack I think showed enough tonight , that I think we have no other choice but to move Howe in the forward line next week.
Or even move Moore at CHB or CHF and Howe at full forward.
We are 0 and 2, we have our backs to the wall playing Sydney next week. We can't play it safe or conservative. Or pick a team to save Buckley job. That will loose to Sydney by 3 goals so we can say at least were competitive.
I have had enough of this shit and have had enough of Buckley game plan.
I want to see ambition and daring.
Some possible options like I said.
1. Play Moore CHB or CHF
2. Play Howe full forward..
3 Bring in Sharanberg Varcoe and Daicos
4. Mayne Blair dropped.

not sure if I've seen it mentioned, but how on earth did we let the ball bleed back out beyond the 50 after every behinds? The play on from the kick in took them out to 20-30m and then pump it long. It was horrendous! This got me more worked up than the missed goals.

There is just no ability to think and react! Nobody, not the players no the coaches, it was made far too easy.

Buckley just shot down a journo and said "were 2 rounds in mate, take a breath." 0 accountability.

It doesn't matter if you lose round 1, round 12, round 21. Every loss is exactly the same as the other. Absolutely terrible coach who doesn't know how to take any responsibility.

I wonder if people realise that there is not much there to replace players.

The real replacements are either injured or not quite ready or both suspended / injured. Not saying all of these are the answers, but they would be the replacements.

Wells, Elliot, De Goey (a bit dumb hmmm), Greenwood, Langdon, Varcoe, Sinclair, Wills, Scharenberg.

So who is realistically left to push into the side, and it's not a flash list left:

Dunn, brown (very raw), Keeffe, Thomas (rookie), Daicos, Kirby (not ready), Sier, Crocker (if ready?) Oxley, Cox.

Not a lot really is it?

No good key forwards there either.

Eddie should be on the phone to Schache's management tomorrow with an enormous offer.

Watching the game as a neutral supporter I thought that Schade was decent tonight and is being treated a little bit harshly on here. Much better than Jack Frost
Also think Moore should go to e VFL for 3-4 weeks at least and bring in Dunn, either him or Reid playing forward
Also Maynard and Blair are both under performing, at least Maynard has youth on his side
And Bring back Mason cox!!

How many changes are too many?

Blair
Fasolo
Ramsay
Smith
Crisp
Schade
Aish

All deplorable.

Blair, Crisp and Faz should definitely be dropped.

Bring in Crocker, Daicos and Varcoe.

Should have been 5 goals up at one stage, Poor kicking is poor football.

Letting Cloke go and leaving Moore to battle It out inside 50 was a mistake. I don't care how shit Cloke was, he took the best defender.

We will have a new coach in 2018.

We need to trade a midfielder, probably Sidebottom unfortunately and get a Steven May or Josh Schache.

I partly blame our recruiting team, consistently recruiting midfielders with poor skills, ignoring our spine.

The positives, Grundy was superb, Adams, Treloar, Pendles, Howe were good. Hoskin-Elliott shows so much promise, needs to play forward of centre.

0-2, Sydney next week and we'll be 0-3.

Yeah 4 or 5 good players and the rest were average to below average. Not good enough.

For all the players wanting to be dropped, with exception of Dunn there's no experience in the vfl team. All soft bodies or coming off injuries. Varcoe is about the other only genuine in for the swans.

Daicos will have to play this wknd and have a blinder to get in.

We need to resist taking Cox and change the forward structure. There's no other big forward on our list. I'd like to see Moore and White up the ground as flankers to split the swans defence, and make them run in towards the 50 instead. There no good at one on ones they need to be moving to be effective.

I'd like to see Fas, WHE, Sidebottom one or 2 out in the 50 and not get sucked up the ground in the high press. These are the trio most likely from the current available players who could perform inside 50.

Bring in Dunn next week. Play Ben Reid forward. Moore is no-where near ready to be the number 1 forward. Right now White is our best KPF. Probably has been for a good part of a season which is astonishing from where he was at this time last year.

That said White is creative and has second and third efforts at ground level. Moore will be freed up with Reid moved forward.

Putting it to missed opportunities is a cop out. Everyone can miss shots on goal - it happened to Richmond all night and it happened to us all night. It's the strategies you employ that should account for more than just a goal or 2 swing to a match. Premiership sides or top 4 sides generally finish with an extremely large percentage and not because they're all sharpshooters (they employ a strategy in which effectively makes it easier for them to score) but because they play under a plan that puts them in the right positions to score and defend(its important to recognise scoring and preventing scoring as important as eachother)

Finishing a night with a good goal/point ratio is certainly something that helps you win a game but it shouldn't be what people are focusing on because truth be told we're only human and it doesnt always work out.

note these are all career percentage of goals/total scoring shots
Fasolo goal accuracy - 61%
Moore goal accuracy - 64%
White goal accuracy - 58%

Lets compare to some other players
Kennedy - 64%
Franklin - 58%
Walker - 59%

I could go on with leading goalkickers but i've already made my point and I can assure you they will all fall in the same bracket. Theres nothing wrong with our conversion for goal. The problem is everything that leads up to that point, its the situations that we're putting our players in. Its the actual way we get the ball down to our end which quite frankly is horrible.

Basically what i'm trying to say anyone here that still has faith in Buckley by now is absolutely dellusional. As long as the current coaches are still in tenure nothing will change at the club unless Buckley suddenly has an epiphany and changes his whole perspective on the game or we will simply continue to put on the same performance week in week out.

There is nothing to build on, the way we play simply DOESNT WORK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 2 versus Richmond, the autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back