Review Round 2 versus Richmond, the autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone blaming players inability to kick is short sighted. If only he kicked that goal! If only he held onto that mark!

Its the same as saying if only Moore would never drop a mark and kick 150 goals a season we'd never lose!! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

For the most part collingwood consists of all afl standard players. They can all kick, they can all handball, they can all run. But that doesn't mean they can play cohesively as a team and its up to the coaches to facilitate that, thats the bottom line. And sure it doesn't always happen - after all there can only be one winner at the end of the season but thats why coaches get sacked and replaced by someone who has a different outlook, and buckley is next in line along with his cronies. Hes had more than enough time to show something.

Anyone blaming players inability to kick is short sighted. If only he kicked that goal! If only he held onto that mark!

Its the same as saying if only Moore would never drop a mark and kick 150 goals a season we'd never lose!! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

For the most part collingwood consists of all afl standard players. They can all kick, they can all handball, they can all run. But that doesn't mean they can play cohesively as a team.
Worst post of the year!

...and before any smartass decides to tell us all they told us so..., those same idiots would have had Mick sacked within 5 minutes, Lethal out the door before he could open his mouth and Jock sacked in a ****teenth. With one or two exceptions, I have always respected every man appointed to the position of Collingwood coach. Bucks is no exception, but he has had the worst luck of almost any coach I have ever laid eyes on. Guess what? I couldn't give a fat rat's clacker if you agree or not!

Sorry but Ramsay, Maynard and Fasolo were terrible tonight. Smith was terrible, Reid was average at best, Sidebottom was disinterested, Adams was just ok, Crisp was poor, Moore was average at best, Blair was borderline VFL Reserves standard and Aish wasn't really present. I'm sure I"m missing a few but those came immediately to mind.
Something in the water, voodoo chants behind the richmong goal sqare?

Big picture autopsy time. Worrying about mentally weak players missing goals or just debating ones who aren't up to it is inconsequential. As a club we have been headed in the wrong direction for a few years and we need a clean out from the top. We have a poor culture and no plan.

That's silly. The accuracy issues are more about the first half where we had a lot more scoring shots. Alo pretty sure we still had more if you include OOB.
Inaccuracy is never an excuse. you kick a goal instead of a point the ball goes back into the centre and its a completely different game. we might have won by 10 goals or lost by 5. but we lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inaccuracy is never an excuse. you kick a goal instead of a point the ball goes back into the centre and its a completely different game. we might have won by 10 goals or lost by 5. but we lost.

I'm confused... I never said it was. I was pointing out that the statement was wrong...

At least you can say we are consistent at serving up tripe game after game for the last few years, so tonight's performance shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. Hence why the loss doesn't actually burn, more expected than anything.

Plenty of issues with the club, all the way from the players to the coaching staff, to the administration side of things. In the end it all boils down to how good the guys on the park are as that is what we all take out time to go see, and they are just deplorable. Two rounds into the season, the cold weather hasn't even hit and its season over for us. I just don't have the heart or time to care anymore. At least now I don't have to plan things around Collingwood games this winter.

Here's the good news. Our Dane Swan replacement next year is Dustin Martin.
This year he has crossed that line to being, just ****ing getting my groove on.

...and before any smartass decides to tell us all they told us so..., those same idiots would have had Mick sacked within 5 minutes, Lethal out the door before he could open his mouth and Jock sacked in a ****teenth. With one or two exceptions, I have always respected every man appointed to the position of Collingwood coach. Bucks is no exception, but he has had the worst luck of almost any coach I have ever laid eyes on. Guess what? I couldn't give a fat rat's clacker if you agree or not!

There's a hiring method that I once heard of where the manager in charge of the process throws half the resumes in the bin and says we don't want them because they're unlucky. The moral of the story is that being lucky also plays a role in being successful.

Look no further than the 2010 GF and Milne's bounce without it MM is up there with Bob Rose as a coach that just couldn't get it done with 4 GF losses in charge. Ultimately I'd prefer someone that's lucky and mediocre in the role than someone who's unlucky and mediocre...

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 2 versus Richmond, the autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back