Review Round 2 versus Richmond, the autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, how Buckley missed 3 set shots 20m out is beyond me. Shitmond kicked them out of their backsides. Snaps, 40m out etc.

I thought buckleys, field kicking was pathetic.

Mate at some stage the team needs to improve after 5 years under the one coach, surely you get that

I thought actually that we went okay, break outs were fast and good until we got in the fwd 50 and then it all went pearshaped
Defense structure not too bad either. but boy did some spud it up on either side of the ground.
I know I'm a bit calm and positive.

I actually think we are a bit better than last year, all things considered.

We just NOT nailing the shots at goal.
Kills you.

We kicked something like 1-7 v Bulldogs 7-1
We what tonight 5-10

Just kills you dead.

It's easy to throw the blame on Bucks but what about Hine? He drafts these kids who can't seem to kick. Bucks can do everything right but if we miss goals and targets that other sides don't we will go nowhere. And no coach will change that. Maybe start with Hine.

I don't think it was a drafting issue tonight. I mean the players who all missed easy goals are all good kicks - Fasolo, Moore, Mayne, Treloar. Even Pendles kicked it OOF. It was just one of those nights. What wasn't ok was that if we've improved, we should be beating teams like Richmond comfortably. We haven't so we might as well back in the talented kids rather than hacks like Blair.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good games by Grundy, Treloar, Pendles, WHE, Howe, Adams and Goldsack.

Moore and White were 'okay', the former moreso because he had Rance on him.

I'll give Broomhead a pass for being so underdone and Ramsay a pass coming off an ACL (though he was still shit).

Everyone else was abysmal. It's round 2 and I'm already so deflated that I don't really care.

FFS Ramsay, Phillips and Broomhead have 30 games experience between them, two are returning from LTI's, played their role and still they cop it? I know it's a vent, but that's what the game day thread is for leave it out of here.
Hang on, they were all terrible.

Spare me the lecture, this is a review. And in review, they were all poor.

I thought actually that we went okay, break outs were fast and good until we got in the fwd 50 and then it all went pearshaped
Defense structure not too bad either. but boy did some spud it up on either side of the ground.

The defense held together well, IMO, given how exposed we were on a couple of turnovers.

The spread from the contest was real bad at times especially exiting the back half where we just refused to use the width of the ground on the switch. Then there was the lack of angle options to spread the Tigers defense.

Changing angles makes us less predictable and harder for the opposition to prevent the overlap. Too often they forced long down the line. Treloar touched on the ball movement in his post match interview on SEN and confirmed we didn't move it how we wanted, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway because the forwards probably would have just burned the shot :(

With Sydney to come up there things look bleak, but it isn't just about the win loss either we are just so hard to enjoy watching. One thing we have to prioritise Grundy's signature immediately forget attracting players just get him signed up...

Yeah I'll be honest I stopped watching at half time because I was getting so frustrated and thought to myself "I have worked tomorrow and cant be arsed wasting my niget with this."

Jumped back in halfway through the last and things were just as bad.

I felt last year the passion was back but the skills just werent there. We had injuries and young players and took top teams to the limit.

Now we have a full team and not only have the skills gone backwards but the team has even less idea what the gameplan is and our forward line is full of teenagers and rejects.

I know its just post match anger but I have lost hope for this year right now and cant see Bucks coaching us next year. If we end up 0-3 the media will smell the blood and once that happens it is very difficult to turn it around.

The media already smell blood its been their whole focus since the Dogs loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Girlfriend called me tonight after the game (bulldogs tragic) and watched the game with her father. Saddest part was that they both said they felt sorry for me. Never said that before...they normally hate us, which proves we are shite.

It's not buckley...it's Harvey....spends too much time at the tab......Selection is the key issue along with disposal efficiency.

I was excited last year....Elliot was to return...Crocker showed promise and Wills was a beast.......even after the worst game I've seen him play in 10 years, Blair still gets a game a justifies selections with another shocker. How in hell can he be selected again next week?

What has happened to Wills?

Agree,
It's also his job to teach the players how to milk cows, pay their bills and brush their teeth.
The players themselves should never be accountable for anything.
17 points up. Fasolo, sorry Buckley missed a set shot 35m out directly in front.
Post of the night

One things guys, let's tone down on Moore a bit. This is literally a kid who is now forced to play on the best defender in every single team. It's ridiculous. Will kill his confidence week by week.

Bucks probably stuff him right up

When you have got to know your cattle over 6 years and you know they can't kick to save their lives you would bloody think it's time to change the game plan that hides their deffeciencies. You would think!

This is the same Collingwood as last year and worse if anything.

Our club has come to the point where we recruit players like Schade and Dunn and they are in our top 25. It's pretty sad.

The slide under bucks continues. Statistically won less games every season since he came and this is the first time we are 0-2 since 2005 or 2006 and even in those years we never went 0-3. Having the Swans in Sydney next week we will most likely go 0-3.

He has to go asap. I will always love him, he is a Collingwood legend but my god he needs to quit or be relieved as coach.

No good key forwards there either.

Eddie should be on the phone to Schache's management tomorrow with an enormous offer.
Yep.

Moore is the future, but that's in the distance.
No real key forward to help him.

If Cloke was around they'd be bleating about him too.

Need more A grade talent.

I mostly like Ramsay and Maynard but gee they've given away a lot of horrible "lack of awareness" free kicks in first two rounds. Replace them with Scharenberg and Dunn.

Replace Blair with Varcoe. Two kicks in four quarters of footy from an 8-year veteran is shameful. Gotta go.

Fasolo deserves to be dropped but we can't afford to lose his firepower in our pop-gun forward line.

OUT Blair Ramsay Maynard
IN Varcoe Scharenberg Dunn (play all three in defence to free-up Howe/Reid to play up forward)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 2 versus Richmond, the autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back