Review Round 21, 2024 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane Farrell BOG

If you didn't enjoy that you're dead inside.

From the opening bounce to the final kick the most complete game of footy we have played in years. Maybe ever.

Can't beat top 4 teams.
Can't wn on a Saturday night.
Can't do this and can't do that.
Did it.

Horne Francis is a freak. Insanely good.
Sweet is a behemoth. He physically crushed Grundy.

You could go through them all tonight, they all did something.

Whoa didn't see that coming.

We looked good out there. Evans, Frank the Tank, Sweet, Mead and other 'also rans' stood up.

The Hornet reminds me of Russ

Keep Donuts doing nothing on the pine and we'll be fine.
Yeah Horny runs hard and strong like Russ and his ability to pick up the ground ball is exceptional.

Sydney were arse, but we were ruthless until literally the final siren. That’s something we’ve rarely seen, even in games we’ve won well. Of course I still expect us to distegrate in finals when old ‘scary’ sows doubts and they are reaped.

It does show we definitely have a list able to win a flag, we just need the (new) coach to do it.

I kept waiting for the foot to come off the pedal and us to cruise to a 6 goal win. Have we ever beaten someone by this much under hinkley?
A stand-alone game, with no context, arguably our best win under Hinkley, given the opposition (even out of form).

If you didn't enjoy that you're dead inside.

From the opening bounce to the final kick the most complete game of footy we have played in years. Maybe ever.

Can't beat top 4 teams.
Can't wn on a Saturday night.
Can't do this and can't do that.
Did it.

Horne Francis is a freak. Insanely good.
Sweet is a behemoth. He physically crushed Grundy.

You could go through them all tonight, they all did something.
Sweet is becoming the most unexpected pleasing surprise.. Ivan Who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happen Power?!!!!
Wow!

Still can't comprehend that just happened. Going to be a late night watching the replay. Honestly think that might be up there with the best performance I've seen from a Port side in my lifetime.

Outstanding.

The last 6 quarters have been premiership calibre football. The challenge now, is can the team show us this is sustainable and not a flash in the pan.

For many years I've sat there, hoping, praying, for this team to finally click. I'd given up, and I'm still highly sceptical, and reluctant to dial back in. So I'm not going to go as far as saying that 6 quarters equals us finally clicking, but Jesus Christ, after a performance like that it is impossible not to acknowledge that there's been a phenomenal change.

Season blown wide open now, but we have seen this movie before. We spank teams in the regular season only for it to go the other way in finals. Definition of madness and all that but maybe we call a truce on the sack Hinkley and back everyone into the finals. If we bomb out again all bets are off
Pressure from supporters is the only good coach this team has. What would be the point in stopping it

Remarkably good.

All played well. Defense, chase, hastle, tackle and contested ball wins come first, the rest follows.

It started with Wines and Drew who were exceptional again. Drew has to be given a tagging assignment every week. Those two in the middle with one of the other superstars is the best combination IMO.

Want to call out the exceptional form of Kane Farrell. There were so many excellent performers, but this guy is in some outstanding form. The defence at the moment is gelling superbly and he's a big part of it.

That was amazing. The best game we have played in years. Stupid port making me hope again.
Possibly the best performance we've ever put together in the AFL.

We just beat the top team by 112, and I don't think missing a couple players had any impact as we were just in total control.

If we boo when they deserve it, we must also acknowledge the other way, and tonight was simply phenomenal, RUTHLESS, football. The exact footy we've been dying to see.

We beat the top team by 112 points and are currently second on the ladder.

What did we pick up, 7%? More?
Yeah 7.

Never in a million years, with the Hinkley 'comserve energy' gameplan would you have thought 112 could ever be possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21, 2024 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back