Review Round 21, 2024 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

First time I’ve enjoyed a Port game while at Adelaide oval in so long, 4 quarter effort is almost unheard of with this team, Even if we flog a team we usually take the foot off the gas for a quarter or two but not today, Could be exponential for the teams confidence going into the later part of the season

Well that was an enjoyable night at the footy.

Now I have to let my optimistic "why can't this year be different" side and my pessimistic "you've said that before and where did it get you" side battle it out again for the next 4 weeks at least.

Also, sack Hinkley, naturally

The pieces have really come together over the last 6 weeks:
Logan Evans in the mid season draft
Bergman back into defence
Esava forward
Jordan Sweet as no 1 ruck
Mcentee banished
Dixon back
Marshall injured
Drew and Wines at the coalface
Georgiades hitting some sweet form
Burgoyne cementing place on wing
Rioli back from wherever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney were arse, but we were ruthless until literally the final siren. That’s something we’ve rarely seen, even in games we’ve won well. Of course I still expect us to distegrate in finals when old ‘scary’ sows doubts and they are reaped.

It does show we definitely have a list able to win a flag, we just need the (new) coach to do it.

You may need to go to the showdown. You were ports lucky charm 😜

Wow!

Still can't comprehend that just happened. Going to be a late night watching the replay. Honestly think that might be up there with the best performance I've seen from a Port side in my lifetime.

Outstanding.

The last 6 quarters have been premiership calibre football. The challenge now, is can the team show us this is sustainable and not a flash in the pan.

For many years I've sat there, hoping, praying, for this team to finally click. I'd given up, and I'm still highly sceptical, and reluctant to dial back in. So I'm not going to go as far as saying that 6 quarters equals us finally clicking, but Jesus Christ, after a performance like that it is impossible not to acknowledge that there's been a phenomenal change.

Has to be the best performance since 2004 surely?

Houston, Sweet, JHF, Farrell, Jones, Drew and maybe Mead all had their best ever games.

I like Rat forward, even with the wayward kicking.

You may need to go to the showdown. You were ports lucky charm 😜
Haha. Originally eldest wanted Showdown, but tickets left were too expensive so went tonight instead. Worked out well. On form we should beat Adelaide by 80+, but I’ll be unsurprised if Port lose it.

The pieces have really come together over the last 6 weeks:
Logan Evans in the mid season draft
Bergman back into defence
Esava forward
Jordan Sweet as no 1 ruck
Mcentee banished
Dixon back
Marshall injured
Drew and Wines at the coalface
Georgiades hitting some sweet form
Burgoyne cementing place on wing
Rioli back from wherever

Watta we do with Marshall ? Balance seems to be right.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone else expecting us to led up like what we did against the tiges in the elim final or against the hawks where hartlett kicked that goal from the 50m arc and boundary line intersection. Had a habit of havinga good first quarter then letting teams back in it or having the margin close to something much smaller. Echoing everyone else, not today.

Things are very different this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21, 2024 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back