Review Round 21, 2024 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Does everyone still want to lose and calling those that don’t happy clappers that should fck off?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Winning is always better. Happy-clappers should always f*ck off.

It’s simple really.

Brilliant performance by the whole team. The psychology of this team has changed in recent weeks. There's a hunger there now & willingness to work harder for each other. Far better team cohesion & players are now in their optimal positions. It seems as though they want to prove to people who didn't rate the list that they are wrong. That's way better motivation than winning to save your Daddy's job. Was a fun watch tonight. JHF makes me laugh, he's so damn good & he played 4 qtrs tonight.

I wonder how much influence, if any, Tredders has had on the team. There are still obvious questions with this team, especially around finals and winning a premiership, but maybe just maybe we might have turned a quarter because that wasn’t the same putrid style of play that Hinkleyball is. It felt like watching the Maggies under Jack with hunger, fight, and the desire to win at all costs. Kicking straight in front of goals. We, as a team, finally knowing our strengths and weaknesses and capitalise on them. This felt like finally watching Port Adelaide football, something that has been nonexistent since Choco got sacked.

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed tonight. Was great feeling at the ground.
So many people wondering if they were dreaming!

Horne-Francis could end up the GOAT if we can build the team around him.

Drew was tremendous.

Georgiades is exactly the player we all hoped he would be.

Esava takes so much pressure off Dixon. Keep this up and he’ll be worth what we paid for him!
He lives forward now. It just works. Keep him out of Aliirs Space.

From a fan base that said for a decade in unison, “gee this flooding the forward line and dumping it onto Dixon’s head so we can aim to lock it in and score from stoppages doesn’t work why won’t the coach change it” …
We haven't had Dixon for a decade... :rolleyes:

Just watched the game on playback from over here in London.

Safe to say I’ve cracked open the wine and feel ****ing incredible. What was that!? I actually thought we’d win but not like THAT.

Also, the reserved vibe I got from Ken in the presser felt… different. I feel like this group is slowly building something really special.

We’ll no doubt lose a prelim but still, today, I’m going to get good and drunk and enjoy this feeling.

The pieces have really come together over the last 6 weeks:
Logan Evans in the mid season draft
Bergman back into defence
Esava forward
Jordan Sweet as no 1 ruck
Mcentee banished
Dixon back
Marshall injured
Drew and Wines at the coalface
Georgiades hitting some sweet form
Burgoyne cementing place on wing
Rioli back from wherever
You can tell Esava played with Tom Hawkins. For a dumb backman he’s a very smart forward. Stuck out like dog balls he knew when to jump in and contest a marking contest and when not to. His spot now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arguably the most complete performance. Port were great in attack and defence which is hard to believe. Rats definitely looks more natural as a forward but has to tidy his goalkicking.

Cannot still believe Port smashed the swans by a whopping 112 points.

So what do we learn from that…

Esava has to stay forward and there is no place for Marshall at the moment. Esava clunks marks, brings the ball to ground when he doesn’t and puts ground ball pressure on in the F50. Todd can finish better but does none of this.

Bergman stays back. He’s an elite 3rd tall who can run and carry, in the Tom Stewart mould.

Wines is an inside beast nothing else. Let him beast.

Drew has to tag. He is so effective at it and hurts them the other way.

Play Rozee in the high half forward role coming up to stoppages. He’s not accountable as a pure mid and is borderline unstoppable when he has room to roam. The goals will come.

JHF is our best player. Will be the leagues best in the coming years.

Power and mobility. His ability to move around the forward line and drag players with him opens up space for Georgiades and Rioli.

Suddenly he becomes more of a problem than Dixon. I struggle to see Marshall anywhere near that forward line but Ken basically said he will be back next week.

Rioli looks like he will kick a goal the min he touches it, electric.

I know I was a fan of Frankie over Cheese but he deserves it, couple of goals and seemingly sets other goals up every game, sure he’s no Rioli but he’s happy to stick his head over it - he also lowers his eyes too and thinks through things. They can’t all be Riolis.

Keen to see what Ken does with Marshall. We look so much more potent with Rat up forward, he’s a beast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21, 2024 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back