Review Round 21, 2024 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was any good, I'd put Todd Marshall's head on Jason Segels head, and put Ratagolea and Hinkley in the image.

View attachment 2068076

Rat has given us more in 2 weeks than Marshall has all year. Todd is one I wouldn't be rushing back in anytime soon.
Ken was very strong in the presser that Todd is best 22 and not very strong on Rat staying forward

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Casual observations from an amateur:
1. Playing players in the most suited role?
2. Less zone, more accountable close checking and breaking at the right time?
3. Small forward pressure experiment sidelined for all being accountable to apply pressure?
4. Actually having a ruck not playing on crutches (even if not dominating)?
5. Actually having some tall talls in the backline?

Now, we have not changed our approach to a team if we have beaten them in the past. The GWS final still irritates me as Hinkley said we had beaten them during the year, nothing to change, whereas Kingsley adjusted and used Hogan to destroy us.

Edit: I don’t see how Marshall adds to the team.

Lol changing the team balance after possibly the most complete game we've played since the 2014 Elimination Final would be the ultimate Kenny own goal.
The balance we have at both ends is making a huge difference. We have speed to the ball everywhere which has given us a huge spike in ground ball gets. This then triggers our offence as well as protecting our back 6.

To mess with this by bringing in probably our least intense player would be suicidal.

As near a perfect game that you could ever see.

Hardly a turnover and when there was we got back straight away.

The Swans had a handful of uncontested marks in the forward half.

Accurate goal kicking.

Every player on the park had an improved game.

A stunning performance.

Now rinse and repeat over the next 7 weeks.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was like watching the Swans play in 1992 or 1993, or Woodville in the 70's.

Or Watching the Powerful Annihilation Machine of the 1970's thru to the 90's.
I mentioned to a bloke who we both know that last night's game reminded me of a rampaging Maggie's team destroying the Peckers in the 1970's, with the great number 7 putting on a clinic and having bog and 3 medal votes stitched up before half time.

I can recall one game at Woodville oval when Fos was still coach and Port scoring something like 30 goals with Eric Freeman kicking 15 of them.

I think it was the same game when a very young Brian Cunningham came on as a reserve in the last qtr and scored a goal with his left foot from alongside the right hand point post, and another with his right from a similar position on the opposite side.

Looking at the fixture for the final three rounds, Sydney are in danger of losing that top spot:

• Collingwood at SCG - Collingwood need to keep winning to make finals
  • Essendon at Marvel - they also need to keep winning
  • Crows at SCG - should win that

If they lose against Collingwood and Essendon, they’ll finish around 4th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rat has given us more in 2 weeks than Marshall has all year. Todd is one I wouldn't be rushing back in anytime soon.

Lol carn

Has kicked 3 goals in 2 weeks in games our forward line has had the best delivery from the midfield we’ve seen in Ken’s tenure.

If Todd kicked 1 goal 5 in a 112 point drubbing this board would have a car bomb in his driveway lol.

I actually think esava did pretty well, but find it pretty ironic he’s getting celebrated for a performance Todd would get slaughtered for on here.

For the first time in a long time I saw a team effort where I could not point out a player who didn’t show up…. I put it down to a mind set preparation knowing who the opposition will be.

let this be our delta for KPI’s. No excuses to not repeat this performance, but that’s the hard trick.

My best: MG, Jones, Farrel.

special mention to, JHF, Zurk, Evans, Sweet.

Lol carn

Has kicked 3 goals in 2 weeks in games our forward line has had the best delivery from the midfield we’ve seen in Ken’s tenure.

If Todd kicked 1 goal 5 in a 112 point drubbing this board would have a car bomb in his driveway lol.

I actually think esava did pretty well, but find it pretty ironic he’s getting celebrated for a performance Todd would get slaughtered for on here.

It's not about the scoreboard, it's about his physical presence.
If Todd presented himself the way Rat is in the forward line, I'd wonder what PED's he'd been taking.

I mentioned to a bloke who we both know that last night's game reminded me of a rampaging Maggie's team destroying the Peckers in the 1970's, with the great number 7 putting on a clinic and having bog and 3 medal votes stitched up before half time.

I can recall one game at Woodville oval when Fos was still coach and Port scoring something like 30 goals with Eric Freeman kicking 15 of them.

I think it was the same game when a very young Brian Cunningham came on as a reserve in the last qtr and scored a goal with his left foot from alongside the right hand point post, and another with his right from a similar position on the opposite side.
My biggest memory from Woodville oval was plastic Schooner glasses.
That was the first time I’d run into them, it was a massive WTF moment of my life.

Hey there loyal Port supporters, great win by your mob last night and the crowd was so electric throughout the whole match.

Does any of you know what the attendance was at the ground, think it was something between 35-40k but can't remember.

Kevin Dillon Win GIF

It's not about the scoreboard, it's about his physical presence.
If Todd presented himself the way Rat is in the forward line, I'd wonder what PED's he'd been taking.
Yeah big difference, opposition players have this massive guy having a go at anything that comes his way.
Marshall is more likely to be half asleep standing there waving his arms around.
It’s totally changed the dynamics up forward.

Yeah big difference, opposition players have this massive guy having a go at anything that comes his way.
Marshall is more likely to be half asleep standing there waving his arms around.
It’s totally changed the dynamics up forward.

Marshall is OK on the lead if he gets significant separation on his opponent.
If anyone is directly behind him, he props himself up on the lead and tries to chest mark and it gets spoiled.

He's not going to take a big grab in a pack and he's not going to out wrestle his opponent like Rat did last night.

I dont want Marshall anywhere near this forward line.

Marshall has kicked 3 goals in his last 6 games.

And plenty of times he’s kicked 3 goals in 2 games and been slaughtered on here for it, and they weren’t 112 point drubbings with the best forward delivery we’ve seen.

Again,

Rat did good

It’s a complete and utter lie that Todd wouldn’t have been slaughtered on here for the same performance.

Hey there loyal Port supporters, great win by your mob last night and the crowd was so electric throughout the whole match.

Does any of you know what the attendance was at the ground, think it was something between 35-40k but can't remember.

Kevin Dillon Win GIF

I think the official attendance was given as around 37,700 but there must have been over 40,000 there. I don't know how they count our crowds.

It was crazy busy in restaurants and pubs before the game, pastmyprimus and I went to half a dozen before we found one that would squeeze us in and we were in town early.

Heaps of Sydney supporters around the town. It was the busiest I've seen around Adelaide Oval before a Port match for a long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21, 2024 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back