Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Hawks sink the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. I’m with you. Been riding along with this giant of a club since 71 when as a 6 year old I cheered on the premiership and was in tears on the back steps at 3 quarter time.
I have been privileged to witness all these amazing teams and memories.

I don’t recall a season like this one ever. What a crazy season.
1-7 and now finals in our hands.
Never been prouder. So much improvement still in the group.

Other clubs must just wonder how this club keeps on doing what it does, generation after generation.
It’s intoxicating to watch when we get going, after what we consider years of poor performances to see such rapid improvement and excitement is just so much fun to watch.
We have a wonderful opportunity this year, next year who knows what happens, got to take it when you have the slimmest of chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MacKenzie looked awesome in traffic, has the Sam Mitchell one-two shimmy before dishing off.

I love Jiath but Morrison deserves to keep his spot. I wonder if both shouldn't be in our 23.

Weddle is crazy accurate for long goals, and has been all season. Impressive when you think about how hard he has run to even get the shot.

'D'Ambrossio: Dam Brilliant'! - Dwane Russell.

Absolutely yes - the Mackenzie one-two shimmy !!
I’m going to enjoy the next 10 years sharing his journey.

At least the institutional racism didn't rear its head today

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
You named the stand at Princess Park not after a player but a club president who was one of the great racist pricks of all time - now **** off

Good solid win against a pathetic outfit, we could have properly buried them but I’m not going to be upset about a 74 point flogging of Carlton.

They didn’t bother manning up Moore, MacDonald, or Ginnivan for a lot of the game as I expected and were pissweak in defending our transition.

That was the easiest game we’ve had this year, it’s hard but we can’t read in to it at all.

Moore best on for me, Weddle and Mass very close behind.

You ****in' little beauty! Massive, massive result for the boys this arvo. And in front of a finals-like atmosphere re. crowd numbers as well.

Never thought for a second we'd jump them on percentage as early as this week.

What a weekend of footy.
Carna Hawks!

Incredible performance.

Loved the cheering from the crowd when we got in the 8. Special moment!

Shout outs to:
  • Morrison. Safe as houses on a wing, and needs to stay
  • MacKenzie will be a star. 22 touches and no one can tackle. Scary ceiling.
  • Weddle. Lids off.
  • D'Ambrosio 3 votes and possible AA

Sam Mitchell. Tactically broke them.

Now strap in for the finals ride. It's gonna be fun!!
is it just me or did we get the yips a bit from that moment?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2024: Hawks sink the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back