Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pressure is a massive part of our game plan and when the umpires miss so many HTBs and incorrect disposals it's going to hurt teams who rely on doing that like we do. That for me has been the most frustrating thing this year. They are momentum killers and make you work twice as hard as you should have to.

Watch swoop Luke's video aswell explaining how we really only had 4 proper home ground this year aswell.
Yeah, which we get every year. And we nearly always travel more than that.

Here is a tally of matches against non-Victorian teams since 2000, when Marvel was introduced and we moved away from Vic Park:

MCG: 68 matches for a win rate of 65.4%
Marvel: 37 matches for a win rate of 54.1%
Interstate: 111 matches for a win rate of 52.7%

We only get 31% of matches against non-Vic teams at our actual home ground. 51% are away and the remaining 18% at Docklands we have a similar winning record as playing AWAY.

20 of the last 26 against the Swans have been in Sydney.

Long story short, Longmire can **** off with this bullshit.

Dont think we can go into another season with Steele Pendles Howe

Pendles is back …Howes form has been solid
I think as much as I admire Steele and his contribution i think its time for him to bow out
Steele clamped one of the best in game in Gulden. That’s not a “time to bow out” performance.

Last edited:
And now Longmire is bitching about Collingwood's home ground advantage across the season.
He may be factually right in this particular aspect, but he can hardly complain given Sydney were the AFL's "love child" for SO many years. :rolleyes:
No Coach or oppo supporter can credibly talk about the MCG giving us HGA when we share it with some many other Clubs.
It’s not Vic Park.
These are just dumb arguments that the media naively swallow.

Steele clamped one of best in game in Gulden. That’s not a “time to bow out” performance.
Just don't think we can go again with three veterans ..Steele played very well for 3.5 quarters and has been magnificent player for us but feel his season has been sluggish in parts . Just my opinion .

Dont think we can go into another season with Steele Pendles Howe

Pendles is back …Howes form has been solid
I think as much as I admire Steele and his contribution i think its time for him to bow out
Yep, I think get seduced by a good game or two from Steele.
He has looked to be on the wane for most of the year.
I think it’s time for him to retire and that’s what will happen.
I highly doubt he’s getting another contract.

Corne continuing to embarrass himself. Stated on sen that we don’t tag and haven’t for years. Multiple people messaged pointing out that Sidebottom did on Friday. Corne that was a wing role not midfield role.

Did the dickhead even watch the game? Gulden and Sidebottom repeatedly started in the centre square and had precisely zero wing minutes.

Corne continuing to embarrass himself. Stated on sen that we don’t tag and haven’t for years. Multiple people messaged pointing out that Sidebottom did on Friday. Corne that was a wing role not midfield role.

Did the dickhead even watch the game? Gulden and Sidebottom repeatedly started in the centre square and had precisely zero wing minutes.
Not only did Steele tag Gulden successfully but he also had a great game himself. Something most taggers don't do.

One of our oldest players on one of their youngest, no less!

Meh, haven't had the best 22 play with any consistency (form and injury).
I do think that Fly needs to move on from coaching 5 minute/2 minute/1 minute scenarios - trying to kill the clock, it's not 🏈⚽
Point is, look at the lop-sided free kick count in each one of the games we've been ahead at 3/4 time (season 2024) .. it's not a coincidence.

AFL not happy at Pies ability to shut-down games & run-down the clock with impunity. Not sure Fly's open-ness at how we'd successfully adopted these tactics helped us ..once the media developed their narrative the AFL were bound to react and put us back in our place!

To go further back, just ask:
-Swannie (cap on bench rotations)
-James Clement (hands in the back)
-Stunning Steve McKee (middle line in ruck circle)
-Maynard (airborne smother)
..there's a few more

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now Longmire is bitching about Collingwood's home ground advantage across the season.
He may be factually right in this particular aspect, but he can hardly complain given Sydney were the AFL's "love child" for SO many years. :rolleyes:
He's not factually right. How has he come up with Collingwood having the biggest home ground advantage? Stats suggest we have the least with very little difference in results between home and away over a long period. We have a small home ground advantage balanced by a small away game disadvantage.

It all nets out even. We play a lot of neutral games. Interstate teams play a lot where they have a disadvantage but an equal number where they have an advantage. They're just winning the propaganda war trying to get a leg up. The only legitimite thing in our favour is the MCG granny.

Last edited:
Yep, I think get seduced by a good game or two from Steele.
He has looked to be on the wane for most of the year.
I think it’s time for him to retire and that’s what will happen.
I highly doubt he’s getting another contract.
When you stop a GUN of a Flag favourite, people take notice.
No one could have predicted SS at his age could have been so effective.

So I think the Club will be thinking there is life in the old dog yet.

He's not factually right. How has he come up with Collingwood having the biggest home ground advantage? Stats suggest we have the least with very little difference in results between home and away over a long period. We have a small home ground advantage balanced by a small away game disadvantage.

It all nets out even. We play a lot of neutral games. Interstate teams play a lot where they have a disadvantage but an equal number where they have an advantage. They're just winning the propaganda war trying to get a leg up. The only legitimite bias is the MCG granny.
I don’t get how Longmire wants the grand final venue determined. Given he’s dragged Fagan into it, perhaps the lower finishing club gets to host the gf?

Point is, look at the lop-sided free kick count in each one of the games we've been ahead at 3/4 time (season 2024) .. it's not a coincidence.

AFL not happy at Pies ability to shut-down games & run-down the clock with impunity. Not sure Fly's open-ness at how we'd successfully adopted these tactics helped us ..once the media developed their narrative the AFL were bound to react and put us back in our place!

..there's a few more
slightly younger fan here, what's with the story behind the McKee rule thing?

When you stop a GUN of a Flag favourite, people take notice.
No one could have predicted SS at his age could have been so effective.

So I think the Club will be thinking there is life in the old dog yet.
I hope there is and he’s got 2 games left to make it a new role, if he does it well he stays, if he goes back to his up and down form then it’s probably time.

..there's a few more
Not disagreeing, I agree with all of it. Im just saying that between injuries/form and game plan to defend the lead/run down the clock, left Collingwood exposed this year.

Cornes is a joke.

Forget which game it was earlier in the year (North?) where he lost his shit over something then later said “I actually didn’t watch any of the game, just heard about it”.

His rant this morning (along with Longmire’s) is just blatant whataboutism you’d expect from a bloke in the outer ten beers deep, not supposed professionals.

slightly younger fan here, what's with the story behind the McKee rule thing?
McKee couldn't jump, so he just wrestled the other ruckman to negate them a the centre bounce. The AFL bought in the center line to stop it. That was the end of Stunner.

Cornes is a joke.

Forget which game it was earlier in the year (North?) where he lost his shit over something then later said “I actually didn’t watch any of the game, just heard about it”.

His rant this morning (along with Longmire’s) is just blatant whataboutism you’d expect from a bloke in the outer ten beers deep, not supposed professionals.
I like the contempt Buckley shows him, at times bordering on passive aggressive. As an example when Corne was having another crack at the dogs this morning. Buckley mentioned their Adelaide record, how Brisbane and Sydney had also had down patches this year and lastly telling Corne he couldn’t have an argument with him and that he should be a coach.

..there's a few more
capping interchange

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back