Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

On Gunners, in terms of Player Rating this was his best game since a 6 goal outing against Port in 2019 and his 16th best game of all time.
Durning that 3rd quarter I was thinking to myself the way Gunners was moving it was like he was 10 years younger. The old dog still has some miles left in those legs after all and you love to see it. He played well today.

Mitchell said essentially that Day hasn't broken his collarbone but apart from that it's still up in the air. He could be back next week or not play again this season.

He also said that Scrimshaws finger was a bit worse than a typical dislocation although he didn't allude to if he will miss weeks and if so how many

Now I have to take a dictionary to the footy - didn’t know I was sitting my NAPLAN today :drunk:

I did not say he was lazy - I didn’t even say he played poorly. But Chol is hardly Matt Rowell out there.
No you didn't, you said he was laconic, meaning of few words. Brian Taylor likes to misuse that word, whereas Dermie like to use lackadaisical. Do you want to be like Dermie or BT? Your choice.....

On Gunners, in terms of Player Rating this was his best game since a 6 goal outing against Port in 2019 and his 16th best game of all time.
I've been hard on Gunners throughout the year but he has risen like the phoenix.

And his set shot kicking has returned. Might have worked through his back issue.

Always good to get a win especially a big win like that.

Giving up the last four goals of the first half then kicking 7.13 in the second half isn’t ideal.

Plenty to work on but we’ve also improved so much since being 0-5. I couldn’t have even imagined finding faults in a 63 point win for us at that point

Mitchell said essentially that Day hasn't broken his collarbone but apart from that it's still up in the air. He could be back next week or not play again this season.

He also said that Scrimshaws finger was a bit worse than a typical dislocation although he didn't allude to if he will miss weeks and if so how many
It's only his pinkie. If it's just a dislocation I reckon he'll be good to play. Likely also has a bit of ligament damage to but that's something he can get fixed in the offseason. They'll jab him up and he'll be good to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durning that 3rd quarter I was thinking to myself the way Gunners was moving it was like he was 10 years younger. The old dog still has some miles left in those legs after all and you love to see it. He played well today.
As I was watching, I was thinking Brisbane would have been premiers had they got Gunston playing like this last year

Gunston looks fully fit for the first time in a long time. Exciting prospect heading into finals.

Breust on the other hand. I thought after his 4 goals against Collingwood that he'd turned the corner. Still appears to be struggling.

Hey Tyler, is your profile pic Watson using his magic to warn the crowd he's about to kick 3 for the day?! ✨

1723986020365.png

If you watch the replay the reason Day barrelled into Newk was the tigers player pushed him directly into the contest.

Whatever round we play them next year expect fireworks, dirty dirty players

Get Balta in a headlock and hold it in tight for a while - happy to contribute to a fine fund.

That Watson snap that hit the post really set me off. Me and every other old bastard where I sit pretty much all screamed the same thing.
"Kick a ****ing drop punt!"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back