Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Laconic? Were you on the ground with him? How do you know what he said?

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well he could have been laconic, it’s hard to know watching the game on TV how much he talks during the game.

What he wasn’t was lackadaisical, which is the word I assume the person you’re quoting was actually looking for.

End of language lesson.

Now I have to take a dictionary to the footy - didn’t know I was sitting my NAPLAN today :drunk:

Yup. If someone wants to say he was inaccurate - that’s a valid criticism. Anything along the lines of ‘awful’ or ‘lazy’ is not in the ballpark.

I did not say he was lazy - I didn’t even say he played poorly. But Chol is hardly Matt Rowell out there.

Now I have to take a dictionary to the footy - didn’t know I was sitting my NAPLAN today :drunk:

I did not say he was lazy - I didn’t even say he played poorly. But Chol is hardly Matt Rowell out there.

And he was hardly a player I’d have singled out for criticism today either.

At about 20cm taller and significantly less ginger and more... African, I'd say you're fairly spot on there.

One more thing, just how good a footballer is Jack Gunston?

Just a class act on the field. His low ball gathers, kicking for goal and reading of the play were beautiful to watch today.
Totally agree, he's my favorite forward in the comp. Selfless, doesn't ever play dirty, and makes his shots count. Absolute star of the game and has the medals to show for it.

While the overall feeling after the win is more subdued than normal, there were still lots of positives to take out of the game.

Gunners kicking 5 shows why he is valuable in the team. Runs to the right spots, is a calming influence and his goal kicking has improved as the season goes on.

Calsher Dear kicks the three but more importantly has 8 score involvements from his 12 touches. His follow up work is elite.

Newcombe was a man in a mission today and made sure that his performance would be counted.

Watson kicks his three, was in everything and his game is developing incredibly well in his first season. 10 score involvements from 12 touches.

Crocs work rate is huge - has a massive tank and puts his best work on the park week in, week out.

When the Tigers got on a roll, Frosty stood up to be counted and I reckon he saved two or three goals.

Harry Morrison in the first, while we were well up, getting back and touching the ball on the line. The consummate professional.

Karl Amon and Massimo D’Ambrosio continue to use their lethal foot skills to aplomb. Both so assured with the ball in hand.

Dylan Moore is so consistent - uses the ball well and brings others into the game.9 score involvements and three goal assists.

Mabior Chol against his old mob kicks one but more importantly does the team things. He harasses and pressures opposition defenders. Has 9 score involvements and 2 goal assists for the day.

One more week to get through and then we reset to go again. The wave of momentum continues on 🤎💛

True! Matt Rowell 68 fantasy points on the weekend, big fella had 89. Good call!

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Solid win. Could have been more but you take 63 points every day of the week.

Dear is awesome, Chol has played better games and I wonder if playing the old team affected him (opposite of Ginni)

Sicily sometimes tries to do too much

Looking to next week - am I right in thinking the team most precariously placed are the Bulldogs? If they lose to the Giants and we, the blues and dockers win then they miss out. Outrageous thought but its possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone having a crack at Chol (who was not bad today with 14 disposals, 9 marks and 1.2 apart from missing a few shots he’d normal gobble up) just compare him to his direct replacement in Kossy today.

Now think again, you really want to go back to that again???
I genuinely forgot Kosi was playing until he got booed in the last quarter

For anyone having a crack at Chol (who was not bad today with 14 disposals, 9 marks and 1.2 apart from missing a few shots he’d normal gobble up) just compare him to his direct replacement in Kossy today.

Now think again, you really want to go back to that again???

I was watching him in his tigers sash feeling very happy with how things planned out.

I think Days injury would have had an impact. Once they found out he had gone to hospital, it would have put a damper on things and everyone would have probably had 'don't get injured ' on their minds.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also the objective was win. So we came out breathing fire and had the game won by quarter time and were 50 points up. we pushed that out to 64. We let them slowly peg it back to around 40 points but then just held them at arms length and got the win.

Was disappointing that we didn't continue playing well, but the fact that we have now had back to back 10 goal wins that we are frustrated weren't 100 point wins is a great sign.

One final thing before I hit the sack tonight, I just want to give big props to The Worpedo.

He’s had such a consistent year and was one of the few players to stand up in the first five weeks when we were playing pretty poorly.

I for one would be quite emotional if he won a second PCM this year, he plays the game like a rabid barracuda and he’s the heart and soul of this team in many ways.

No we can’t because we don’t want to finish 8th and have to make the trip up to Brisbane.
We beat North regardless, just takes the cut throat factor out of it knowing we've made it and can rest a few who might be underdone and at risk of further damage. Not worried about Bris, haven't beaten us since 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back