Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

He did this week against the Dogs didn't he? Sheezel et al? Or were they injured. Thought he was loading the gun for a crack at the Hawks. Or I might just be drunk too
Sheezel missed with an ankle injury. Would be dumb to rush him back for a nothing game for them. And as someone else has already said, Comben failed a concussion test so they won’t have a lot to pick from down back

Great win, destiny is in our hands now. Fantastic effort from the whole club after our start.

Loved Watson and Dear kicking 3 each. Ginni just had one of those days, he was very frustrated out there. You can tell Sic is picking and choosing when to go. I have no doubts he'll leave it all out there from next week onwards.

Also, Nuke is just a footballers footballer. What a man. Move over Nash I wanna give Nuke a pash.
Steady on Pasher.

Would suspect Day has some mild-mod AC damage, usually with that impact if the clavicle doesn't go the ACJ is the next in line. Great result as he should only miss a week or two. They'd know purely off observation if it was a high grade AC.

With Scrim they wouldn't be able to rule out a small fracture yet. But generally the big ones are fairly obvious. Not unusual for a dislocation to cause a small fracture on the way out but they'll just make him a splint and say play on son.

Wouldn't be a shock if they both missed next week though. Think Scrim would be more likely than Day to play unless his image tomorrow shows up something unexpected.

No break means high grade bruising of the collarbone for Will. That just needs time to heal, so, no game next week for him but with finals three weeks away, he'd should be ready to go.
Scrim with a dislocated finger means he can play if needed, so again good news.
CJ, Ward, Finn and serong are next cabs off the rank.
Honestly, no matter how fired up the roos come out next week, if we're fair dinkum about making finals, then we win in a solid fashion.
Oh, btw, mabs, croc and Ginni need to seriously tidy up their chances inside 50! 1.6 between is a killer.
Newk, worps , Amon, dimma, gunners, Dylan, scrim , Meek and Massimo were excellent all day.
So so true man. For us to take the next step it's paramount that the guys you mentioned do this. If they do then more often than not we'd put games to bed a lot earlier and not have games like the Port + GWS ones.

Lot of dirty sore loser actions by those pack of mongrels. That hit on newk was scary as he had his knees bent under him. No free kick? Then he gets up and spots Gunston who takes a easy mark yet the mongrel just shoves him over because they're tiger tuff or something!!!
Gonna enjoy beating the living crap out of these mungs for years and years!

Lot of dirty sore loser actions by those pack of mongrels. That hit on newk was scary as he had his knees bent under him. No free kick? Then he gets up and spots Gunston who takes a easy mark yet the mongrel just shoves him over because they're tiger tuff or something!!!

For an experienced crew the umpires were really ****ing bad today.

Said in the game day thread that Balta contest would have made Ablett Sr proud. Went at that to hurt, all knees.

My thoughts are as below

. Shocking game to watch. Wouldn't have beaten a half decent side
. Ginnivan has been poor for a few weeks
. Sicily is a good player but when he has a stinker, he really has a stinker!
. Watson. Played well but should have had a couple more. Still needs huge work on his kicking.
. Mabior was awful but he was overdue for one.
Amon and Mass were the cool heads we needed. Both were fantastic

Fingers crossed Day can play again this season. Our midfield really needs him for finals
Newcombe and Scrimshaw hopefully ok too.

tina fey i hate people GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would suspect Day has some mild-mod AC damage, usually with that impact if the clavicle doesn't go the ACJ is the next in line. Great result as he should only miss a week or two. They'd know purely off observation if it was a high grade AC.

With Scrim they wouldn't be able to rule out a small fracture yet. But generally the big ones are fairly obvious. Not unusual for a dislocation to cause a small fracture on the way out but they'll just make him a splint and say play on son.

Wouldn't be a shock if they both missed next week though. Think Scrim would be more likely than Day to play unless his image tomorrow shows up something unexpected.
Day won't play next week but I think Scrim will be good to go even if there was a small break with it just being the pinkie. You'd assume if needed they'll just jab that up.

The problem with this round was that the expectations had been set too high (especially after that first quarter). Carlton were supposed to be shot and the expectation was that we would lock in our finals spot. But Richmond and Carlton didn’t follow that script and we got what seemed like some serious injuries to key personnel so it feels like a disappointment but the truth is we did what we had to do which is win. We can’t control what other teams do and thankfully the injuries don’t appear to be as bad as they first seemed. If we beat North next week we play finals. If we beat them well we play finals in all likelihood on our home deck. We can’t take anything for granted and there is no guarantee that north are going to let us smash them. If they come to play they’ll make our lives difficult and could even beat us so we need to dial ourselves in for a serious contest.

My thoughts are as below

. Shocking game to watch. Wouldn't have beaten a half decent side
. Ginnivan has been poor for a few weeks
. Sicily is a good player but when he has a stinker, he really has a stinker!
. Watson. Played well but should have had a couple more. Still needs huge work on his kicking.
. Mabior was awful but he was overdue for one.
Amon and Mass were the cool heads we needed. Both were fantastic

Fingers crossed Day can play again this season. Our midfield really needs him for finals
Newcombe and Scrimshaw hopefully ok too.
Couldn’t have had a worse take if you tried

I think people need to get a grip. Today was exactly the kind of game we did routinely a decade ago. Turn it on for 15 minutes, smash the ****ers then manage it for the rest of the day. It's incredibly rare for a team to be on for an entire game, what's important is how you manage the momentum shift. We did that, and we slowed the Tiges down then hit them again when they tired.

For an experienced crew the umpires were really ****ing bad today.
19-11 frees their way and they played the man all day (when they could catch the man). Some bewildering decisions went their way and some equal head scratchers didn't go ours.

I can see finals this year being marred by the poor standards the AFL have forced upon these umpires through their "interpretations" I thought the HTB was OK today but the holding the man and high contact decisions got the WTF award today.

We just looked like we were going through the motions, not use to being so far up.

Turned it on when we needed but thought we dropped after quarter time when we knew day was hurt.

In a weird way it’s forcing us to get ready for finals the hard way but it might be rude shock in q1 of finals when we feel the pressure.

I’d rather miss set shots now and get everyone focused for finals, fingers crossed day is okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back