Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Is HH a chance next week? I would love to see him in the seniors if he deserves it.

Wrong time to be bringing players in for development. If we were out of contention husthwaite and scaiffe would be getting games but we need to be fine tuning a team that’s going to perform in finals. Jiath and/or Mitchell in for Day and/or Scrimshaw.

Can anyone explain the 50m penalty against Worpel in the last? He ran up to the mark and then stopped. Didn’t run over it as far as I could see 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The ump didn’t even call stand either I think it was just a mistake unless he didn’t like where he took the mark which was kinda off to the corridor? I didn’t know there was rules around that though

Reckon there were a few fairweather fans there hoping for an easy kill. Had a Karen screaming that Chol is 'slow' and 'lazy'. Then she accused Watson of 'thinking he's Buddy'.
Chol was even more laconic than usual today I thought

Watson is going to be something else. Jeez he has a crack

Unfortunately the Hawks percentage is too close to Carlton to just bank a win.

If the favourites win then the ladder stays as is with the exception of 7th/8th

Carlton will know exactly how much to win by next sunday

Who is favourite to win the Dogs v GWS game at Ballarat? I would have my money on GWS.

Not impossible for us to finish 5th. Lions should best Essendon at home but they choked v Pies so you never know.

Take care of business by 8-10 goals on Saturday and Carlton will struggle to go past us. St K are playing good footy and won’t be a 10 goal win for Carlton.

If we can’t dispatch North easily, particularly in Tassie then we don’t deserve to play finals.

Can anyone explain the 50m penalty against Worpel in the last? He ran up to the mark and then stopped. Didn’t run over it as far as I could see 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bit of an odd one as the kick only went 8 metres, Worpel knew that and ran over the mark anticipating the play on call. Ump makes 2 mistakes in 2 seconds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take care of business by 8-10 goals on Saturday and Carlton will struggle to go past us. St K are playing good footy and won’t be a 10 goal win for Carlton.

Careful with these sorts of predictions in 2024. Carlton were supposed to get thrashed today and they limited west coast to four goals in a 66pt victory. Regarding st kilda, this was two weeks ago at marvel stadium…

96a8fdf1-3821-415e-812c-0154b0708973.jpeg

A lot of fickle Hawks supporters. We are one win away from doing something unprecedented. Rarely does a team go 0-5 and make finals. The only teams that have done it are top tier teams who made the Grand Final the previous year, we'd be the first 0-5 team not to even be top 2 the previous year, and make finals. We were bottom 4 last year, and in the last four months were the top team in the competition, not happy?

Gunners might just have secured himself another contract today.

I had posters in the trade thread this week tell me Gunston was barely best 22.

Unfortunately the Hawks percentage is too close to Carlton to just bank a win.

If the favourites win then the ladder stays as is with the exception of 7th/8th

Carlton will know exactly how much to win by next sunday

Carlton doesn't matter if we win next week. We're in the eight and 2 points ahead of Fremantle in ninth.

Good to see our 1st quarter be a continuation from last week, players clearly went into the game with right attitude and then just got dragged down to their level.

Time will tell if having 2 'softer' games leading into finals works to our detriment, really hope we tune up and put in a full 4 Qtr performance next week.

Chol was even more laconic than usual today I thought

**** sake, no he wasn’t. He wasn’t his very best but nor was about 3/4 of the side today. He had 9 marks and 9 score involvements today. How involved does Chol have to be to shake this bullshit tag exactly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back