Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it’s my old age showing lol.
I was disappointed though we didn’t win by more.
Hopefully Day can play a final. Fingers crossed.
Looked like lots of sore boys today. So next week against North will be interesting with selection.

Manage players and do enough for 4pts hopefully. Or keep the best side available on paper on the field and press on with the winning momentum.

It’s nice to see the tigs fans back to not attending games of footy when it gets a bit hard. They can be happy with the final 3 qtrs if they want but reality is we had the cue in the rack after qtr time. Dunno if that’s a good thing or not but eh.

Slap north and hopefully Sicily avoids a dumb suspension (idk why I can smell this happening but I can).

It’s nice to see the tigs fans back to not attending games of footy when it gets a bit hard. They can be happy with the final 3 qtrs if they want but reality is we had the cue in the rack after qtr time. Dunno if that’s a good thing or not but eh.

Slap north and hopefully Sicily avoids a dumb suspension (idk why I can smell this happening but I can).

Na Sic is playing 'dodge the dislocation', he won't get himself involved in any suspension trouble.

I will be ‘devils advocate’ here and say after our 1st quarter demolition- we changed our ‘modus operandi’ for the rest of the game.
That quarter showed what we are capable of.

I don’t think that was the case - we just played really poorly for 2 and a bit quarters and some players were really down on form. Was a really frustrating afternoon out despite the lead and first quarter fun. The Day injury, the Carlton score and not being able to put the sword to those pricks today made it an infuriating at times 10 goal win. Classic Hawthorn problems.

Looked like lots of sore boys today. So next week against North will be interesting with selection.

Manage players and do enough for 4pts hopefully. Or keep the best side available on paper on the field and press on with the winning momentum.
Unfortunately the Hawks percentage is too close to Carlton to just bank a win.

If the favourites win then the ladder stays as is with the exception of 7th/8th

Carlton will know exactly how much to win by next sunday

Bolton kicked three on him. He was good offensively but I think he struggled with the defensive part of the game (no shame - Bolton is class and very quick)

i barely sighted Bolton. His 12 disposals were absolute fluff. Never saw a worse 3 goal effort in my life.
Hardwick was magnificent. Go back and watch that game again, he was brilliant defensively, turned their attacks back continually and amazeballs off the deck.
Don't think you watched the game.

Saints will smash Carlton. Saints are running pretty well at the moment and that sort of run allowed Hawthorn to smash Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is weird how you can come home a bit flat after a 63 point belting.

We doubled their scoring shots plus had an ootf so had our conversion been better, I feel a 75 - 80 point win was what it should have been.

I also feel like big wins in Tassie are less likely so it will come down to Carlton again next week as to where we ultimately finish.

Regardless, finals look assured which we should all be proud of.

Well done Hawks. 👏

Dear and Watson providing as forwards in their first year is absolute gold. Horribly tough area of the ground to impact as young guys (especially as a tall!) but their attack on the contest is ferocious.

Newk, Mass, Scrim, Moore, Amon, Gunners just fantastic.

Dimma had a great second half after a suspect second quarter.

It didn't quite come off for Ginni but he had the second most pressure acts on the ground. A few tackles didn't stick, unfortunately. He's a preseason or two and a pair of kicking boots away from breaking the comp open.

I hope the second quarter lapse burns. Another lesson.

A win keeps us above Freo. Carlton are irrelevant.

I will be ‘devils advocate’ here and say after our 1st quarter demolition- we changed our ‘modus operandi’ for the rest of the game.
That quarter showed what we are capable of.
Did you see the look on Mitchell's face during the 2nd? That wasn't a face of a coach that was happy with what the players were doing. Saw plenty of looks of frustration in the second half too.

Then there's Moore before they went down to the rooms getting the group together and giving them a real talking to. That's not something you'd expect a Captain/Vice Captain to do if things were going to plan.

19-11 frees their way and they played the man all day (when they could catch the man). Some bewildering decisions went their way and some equal head scratchers didn't go ours.

I can see finals this year being marred by the poor standards the AFL have forced upon these umpires through their "interpretations" I thought the HTB was OK today but the holding the man and high contact decisions got the WTF award today.

Can anyone explain the 50m penalty against Worpel in the last? He ran up to the mark and then stopped. Didn’t run over it as far as I could see 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A win keeps us above Freo. Carlton are irrelevant.
Freo is 9th. If both Carlton and Hawks win it can come down to percentage.

6th v 7th is likely Bulldogs v Hawks/Carlton. The winner plays the loser of 2v3 which could be Geelong.

2 MCG finals is of course ideal

Has to be best side especially with the week off prior to the finals. If Scrima and Day didn’t cop injuries I would consider managing Sic, but not anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back