Autopsy Round 5, 2024 - Suns destroy hopeless Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't often post, but unfortunately I lost my Chromecast remote and had to listen to f$&%wit Darcy commentate, who picks a side at the start of the game then proceeds to talk about them all game with one hand on his d&$#, totally disregarding the fact there is another team out there, mute worked a treat.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's possibly the worst ever midfield performance I've seen. From anyone.
Should have been 100 points. To be half that shows that we've improved down back.

Meek injured? Great.
Huss very good and needs to stay.

You could drop so many. My most disappointing was Nash. He's lost all confidence and needs to play BH. He looked completely lost.

the simpsons GIF

Me after that first centre clearance goal

Do we try calsher and stephens?
We have no one to bring in

Anyway i think we all know the positives and negatives

Players need a long hard look at themselves.

Sammy needs to get these boys playing for eachother and expect a win next week, nothing less.

God damn that was bad and the margin didn’t accurately reflect how much we were smashed.

I just couldn’t get over how bad our skills were. I get the conditions were greasy, but the amount of handballs to a teammate’s feet or a foot behind them were staggering.

Feel for our defence when the midfield provides absolutely zero pressure and their midfielders can just waltz it into their f50 on a continuous loop.

We either have to find a way to manufacture Sicily as a loose man or move him out of defence because he’s a liability. And his ball use is hardly needed down there if we’re opting to play Amon back.

I have serious concerns over our drafting the past few years with DGB, Ward and Mackenzie all looking average or below.

Probably plenty more I could write, but too mentally exhausted after watching us dish up that tripe….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something that concerns me, outside of all the really obvious stuff, is that the lads don't seem to know when to go, when to assist a team mate and when to use a runner... the look reactive, not proactive and always on the back foot as a result. They don't know what each other are doing. That worries me more than most other things because there's no quick fix.
There's so much more that's off of course, but who can be arsed writing more after that. We grind on and it'll turn around eventually with good coaching, hopefully we have the right people for the job.

Do we try calsher and stephens?
We have no one to bring in

Anyway i think we all know the positives and negatives

Players need a long hard look at themselves.

Sammy needs to get these boys playing for eachother and expect a win next week, nothing less.
CJ, Day, Chad, Breust and Lewis are ready to play.
Gunston is fit.
Watson not far off.

Never felt so exhausted watching a game of football. And we've been through some tough times. There is not a chance in hell the club can attract A grade players with the way this team is performing. Worse still, we are in serious danger of losing our best young players. Something needs to happen. I don't know the answer but the club needs to start having some serious discussions because we are definitely in trouble.

The positives were - Weddle, D'Ambrosio, Finn, Meek,Scrimshaw and I thought Hustwaite was excellent when he came on.

All is not lost but Mitchell, the footy department and the board need to work sh*t out. And fast.

Our midfield was top 5 in stats last year and was out strength. It's easily the worst this year..what's going on.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The ease with the way the opposition walk out of centre bounces is so damn hard to watch.

Unless Hale can get something fixed quickly I would be swapping line coaches immediately to try and get something working.

That was a woeful performance. Pretty much nothing good to say about that.

I will say I wonder how much a 2 consecutive six day breaks with one of them being a slog in the wet and the other being a nail biter took it out of the boys.

Especially having to travel to qld for this game. There’s been positive signs in every other game this year. All I want is a response next week.

Can’t let tonight’s performance become the normal.

We look a couple of kilos off competing with these big midfielders.

Physically weak side. Getting out muscled and out bodied. For all of the hype of our endurance runners in the preseason we aren't very good at our running opposition either.

Always getting outnumbered. Players pulling out of contests. Lacking standards.

Hung in there in the first half reasonably despite our midfield not getting much of the ball. Fell away in the second half , result was about what I expected.

Must come to play next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 5, 2024 - Suns destroy hopeless Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back