Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of people on here didn't go to the game and had a better view of things on TV (and replays) than me at the ground, so if I get anything wrong, it's because I was at one end of Marvel, not sat on the sofa.

Nearly everyone improved from last week which was the minimum benchmark tbh.

Nearly all of them get a pass mark - extra commentary on a few below.

Very good games from Chol, Meek, Morrison, Scrimshaw, Gunston, Frenchy.

McDonald showed better intent - he actually led at the ball, and got the reward. Faded, but it's a base to work from.

Weddle backed into the pack on a few occasions - big tick young man.

Amon better on the wing after starting first 8 mins down back - tick for Sam

Hardwick stayed forward - bang average game - black mark for Sam for not moving him - would have been nice to swap Weddle in for the 2nd half. Lets not see that again please.

Ginnivan is clearly being affected by the 'non-calls' - an absolute disgrace. A couple were right in front of me, and you could see the anguish on his face. This has gone way beyond a 'please explain' from the umpires - the integrity of the game is in question with so many blatant free kicks not paid.

Moore was excellent.

Nash - so much right, and then so much wrong, but he got stuck in and I feel he has turned the corner.

Sicily. If he is not injured, then it's something mental or personal affecting him. Just not anywhere near his best for long periods of the game. Try removing the Captaincy?

I think there is something happening in his life. Maybe footy isn't the #1 priority right now. Concerning.

Frost - gotta be leading the B & F by some margin. Fantastic game.

The umpires were dreadful. Putrid. Those at the ground were howling at them for a multitude of calls that were just plain wrong. The goal umpire, well, what was the point of him.

That has to be the bare minimum of the standard set for the rest of the season from Hawthorn if we want to win more games as North Melbourne are Fitzroy bad.

I hope the TV showed the amount of lazy, no-contact, one-way running wasters that are stealing a living at that club.

You won't see a worse team that them in the AFL anytime soon.

They are cooked. Absolutely cooked and if AFL House has anyone with their balls still attached, you start the process of sending them to Tassie and amalgamate.

No fans, gutless, talentless players with no game-plan. Joke of a club, crap coach, and zero chance of holding on to their better players at the end of the year.

They won't win a game.

Lets not get carried away - we beat what we had to, but it wasn't much.

It's a start. Enjoyed the win - let's see how we go against Sydney.
I love how high the standards for Sicily are when "something isn't quite right" is still the third best rated KPD in the league.

Hasn't been anywhere near his best from last year but turn things around in the middle like we did today and watch him take back his #1 spot.

The AFL player rating system is a bit screwed up when it comes to rucks, I feel. Constantly heavily overrated. Both Xerri and Meek were independently pretty good, but both being rated in the top 5 players on the ground despite being direct opponents suggests that something is missing.

I love how high the standards for Sicily are when "something isn't quite right" is still the third best rated KPD in the league.

Hasn't been anywhere near his best from last year but turn things around in the middle like we did today and watch him take back his #1 spot.
I wouldn't listen to any rating system.

Previous years he has been very clean with disposal, winning 1 on 1s and reading the play to perfection.

This year - Way down on form.

Lot of people on here didn't go to the game and had a better view of things on TV (and replays) than me at the ground, so if I get anything wrong, it's because I was at one end of Marvel, not sat on the sofa.

Nearly everyone improved from last week which was the minimum benchmark tbh.

Nearly all of them get a pass mark - extra commentary on a few below.

Very good games from Chol, Meek, Morrison, Scrimshaw, Gunston, Frenchy.

McDonald showed better intent - he actually led at the ball, and got the reward. Faded, but it's a base to work from.

Weddle backed into the pack on a few occasions - big tick young man.

Amon better on the wing after starting first 8 mins down back - tick for Sam

Hardwick stayed forward - bang average game - black mark for Sam for not moving him - would have been nice to swap Weddle in for the 2nd half. Lets not see that again please.

Ginnivan is clearly being affected by the 'non-calls' - an absolute disgrace. A couple were right in front of me, and you could see the anguish on his face. This has gone way beyond a 'please explain' from the umpires - the integrity of the game is in question with so many blatant free kicks not paid.

Moore was excellent.

Nash - so much right, and then so much wrong, but he got stuck in and I feel he has turned the corner.

Sicily. If he is not injured, then it's something mental or personal affecting him. Just not anywhere near his best for long periods of the game. Try removing the Captaincy?

I think there is something happening in his life. Maybe footy isn't the #1 priority right now. Concerning.

Frost - gotta be leading the B & F by some margin. Fantastic game.

The umpires were dreadful. Putrid. Those at the ground were howling at them for a multitude of calls that were just plain wrong. The goal umpire, well, what was the point of him.

That has to be the bare minimum of the standard set for the rest of the season from Hawthorn if we want to win more games as North Melbourne are Fitzroy bad.

I hope the TV showed the amount of lazy, no-contact, one-way running wasters that are stealing a living at that club.

You won't see a worse team that them in the AFL anytime soon.

They are cooked. Absolutely cooked and if AFL House has anyone with their balls still attached, you start the process of sending them to Tassie and amalgamate.

No fans, gutless, talentless players with no game-plan. Joke of a club, crap coach, and zero chance of holding on to their better players at the end of the year.

They won't win a game.

Lets not get carried away - we beat what we had to, but it wasn't much.

It's a start. Enjoyed the win - let's see how we go against Sydney.
Didnt Sicily get married recently?

I wouldn't listen to any rating system.

Previous years he has been very clean with disposal, winning 1 on 1s and reading the play to perfection.

This year - Way down on form.
I didn't say he wasn't down on form, he is, but he's on the last line of defense playing with an extremely under performing midfield. Despite a form slump he's still a good defender, to suggest stripping captaincy is pretty ridiculous.

Don't want to dwell too much on North in this thread because I'm happy we've got the win, but I can't be the only one that thinks Xerri has only been good on the stats sheet this year. I feel like clubs just don't give a s**t about playing on him because he keeps taking it out of the ruck himself and it goes nowhere. Great individual stats, but I've watched quite a few North games this year and he's making their mids less effective.

He's a hard worker Xerri but he has zero ruck craft.

Meek's hit out and clearance work was decisive.

I didn't say he wasn't down on form, he is, but he's on the last line of defense playing with an extremely under performing midfield. Despite a form slump he's still a good defender, to suggest stripping captaincy is pretty ridiculous.
Agree - Has any player actually been stripped of captaincy before at VFL/AFL? (Mid-season).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt Sicily get married recently?
Season 3 Episode 6 GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Nash would want to be careful.

He's a Mitchell pet and I get why, the upside is enormous (literally, at 198cm) and his year last year was excellent.

But hustwaite and Stephens aren't going to be raw kids forever

I can't see 2024 Nash being part of a premiership team, 2023 Nash yes, but it's feeling more and more like an outlier...

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

He's a Mitchell pet and I get why, the upside is enormous (literally, at 198cm) and his year last year was excellent.

I can't see 2024 Nash being part of a premiership team, 2023 Nash yes, but it's feeling more and more like an outlier...

Stephens?

How good is it to have a ruckman kicking goals. Love it.

Ginni made some bad decisions which seemed out of character. Still kicked 2 but could have had 4 if he had his normal snapping boots on.

Sicily's worst is still pretty damn good.
Is it wrong for me to want us to be more selfish? We had multiple situations where players were in decent spots to have a ping and they chose to centre it.

I get we're trying to embed a game plan but it's so frustrating to see it not come off.

I believe he would be leading the b&f the way we vote

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So he should tbh.

He's handled relentless pressure coming at him all year. Created run like he always had but without the facepalm moments

His disposal efficiency was 100% halfway into Rd 3!!

Couldn't be happier for him.

Mate Stephens won't even be on the list in 2025.

Strange choice of game to comment this on too.

Frost has been our best player all season. Morrison and Gunners played well today, but two very important players for this rebuild are Finn and Seamus. Finn looks to have turned a corner and Seamus is building nicely.
I dont see it with Mitchell personally. But pleasantly suprised with Finns season. He's a clever lad and he is learning to play to his strengths more and more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back