Autopsy Saints v Cats - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:30pm - (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny that you keep having a go at Ross Lyon but he's mates with your coach and they coach in a similar way. The only difference between Saints and Cats is Cats have a homefield advantage and can lure "surf coast" natives back home. What would Cats be without that? No Dangerfield, no Cameron, no Bruhn, no Bowes. I'm not going to talk about the father son luck that Geelong have expirenced, not something the club can control.
Here comes the pronoun gen Z with their usual lifetime logic of everything simplified down to unfair advantages as the reason someone or an entity achieves anything.

We are the winningest team at Colonial Stadium that there is.
Not sure if shitpost or not

But I kinda do want to know what teams have the best winning record at docklands under its various name changes.

(Although do reckon geelong would probably be most of them)

TIL some Sainters believe (bizarrely) that we cheated the 2009 flag.
Okay then......

I can see why they hate us, comes from a completely irrational place.
All they needed was a good match up for Chappy or for Riewoldt to beat Taylor and they would've saluted. Spurning shots at goal and failing to kick a major in the last also didn't help.

Chris Scott has more premierships beside his name than st kilda does in there whole history.

Geelong by 22 points.
You are a deeply unpleasant person and no one likes you.

Cloudy with a chance of rain later in the afternoon, temperature around 17°.

TIL some Sainters believe (bizarrely) that we cheated the 2009 flag.
Okay then......

I can see why they hate us, comes from a completely irrational place.
Not saying that Geelong cheated, they had nothing to do with calling Hawkin's poster a goal. But it sure was lucky that your best player on the day was fit, all thanks to a medical procedure that was banned by WADA by the next year. But don't mind me, there is nothing to see here, I'm just bitter and irrational.

"Surgery effectively took care of the groin issues, but he underwent contentious blood injection therapy ahead of the 2009 grand final, which allowed him to boot three goals and claim the Norm Smith Medal.

The procedure which saw some of his blood drained, spun to increase oxygen content and then injected back into the muscle has since been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying that Geelong cheated, they had nothing to do with calling Hawkin's poster a goal. But it sure was lucky that your best player on the day was fit, all thanks to a medical procedure that was banned by WADA by the next year. But don't mind me, there is nothing to see here, I'm just bitter and irrational.

"Surgery effectively took care of the groin issues, but he underwent contentious blood injection therapy ahead of the 2009 grand final, which allowed him to boot three goals and claim the Norm Smith Medal.

The procedure which saw some of his blood drained, spun to increase oxygen content and then injected back into the muscle has since been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency."

So? Golfers anchoring putters to their chin or belly didn’t suddenly cheat their way to titles won before the technique was banned, did they.

This has banana peel written all over it. Any sort of win would do.

I also had no idea quite how salty the Saints fans still are about 2009.

Funny how no Saints fan ever mentions getting gifted a goal for dissent against Milburn on the stroke of half time. Is it the only goal given for dissent in Grand final history? I can't think of another one and dissent was never paid back then.

Last edited:
This has banana peel written all over it. Any sort of win would do.

I also had no idea quite how salty the Saints fans still are about 2009.

Funny how no Saints fan ever mentions getting gifted a goal for dissent against Milburn on the stroke of half time. Is it the only goal given for dissent in Grand final history? I can't think of another one and dissent was never paid back then.

This. I always smirk about the same thing. A gift if ever there was one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints v Cats - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:30pm - (Marvel)

Back