Jack Billings Ankle TBC
Sean Dempster Knee 3 weeks
Sam Fisher Hamstring 2 weeks
Nathan Freeman Hamstring 2 weeks
Hugh Goddard Achilles Season
Tom Lee Knee Test
Billy Longer Concussion TBC
Nathan Wright Shoulder TBC
Chips said on TV on Sunday that he trained fully on Saturday and would be putting his hand up to play this week, but that he was more likely for the following week.

The VFL top 5
Eli Templeton – 36 possessions (13 contested), 7 inside 50s, 6 clearances and 6 tackles

“Eli was good again. He spread well and his ball use was excellent. It was his best performance of the year so he’s put his best foot forward to get another opportunity at AFL level.”

Brodie Murdoch – 29 possessions, 24 kicks, 9 marks, 8 inside 50s and 3 rebound 50s

“A really good performance in all aspects of his game. He used the ball very well and was good in the contest. He came forward well to impact and was good at covering the outlets. He put his hand up for another senior chance.”

Josh Saunders – 27 possessions (11 contested), 6 inside 50s and 5 clearances

“A really solid game on the wing from Josh, his ball use was pretty good and he worked hard for the full four quarters. He needs to work on kicking instead of forward handballing at times.”

Nick O’Kearney – 27 possessions at 86 per cent, 9 marks and 3 goals

“Nick worked really hard again. He worked high up the ground to provide an outlet. He used the ball well and got plenty of it with 27 possessions."

Jack Sinclair – 19 possessions (12 contested), 9 clearances and 5 tackles

“The Northern Blues really went after Jack but he fought through the attention well. His stats don’t look amazing, but he made a really solid contribution and his hands in tight were really good.”

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-06-28/vfl-player-breakdown-round-12-v-northern-blues

Well said - a premiership is won by your bottom 6 not your top 6. The current draft model does not allow for 22 champions, (exepct for GWS which is why I am so angry at the AFL for creating that behemoth and the dill of dills the idiot of all idiots Mr Andrew Demetriou).

If Minch, Lee and Wright are our bottom 6 then happy days...

Not a dis on Lee, Minch or Wrighty, but who were our bottom 6 in 2009-10, and how do they compare with our current bottom 6?

Not a lot of Saints love out there for Mini and Eddy; was it showed plenty here and there to end up in our finals teams, or that we didn't have anyone better who was old enough to consider?

Injury report out:
Webster for Murdoch obvious.
Wright (if unavailable) for Lonie
Lee available really have no idea who he comes in for could really see it for Wright of Webster tbh

JB still atleast a week away reckon we'll see him back via vfl unless fully fit and raring

Jack Billings Ankle TBC
Sean Dempster Knee 3 weeks
Sam Fisher Hamstring 2 weeks
Nathan Freeman Hamstring 2 weeks
Hugh Goddard Achilles Season
Tom Lee Knee Test
Billy Longer Concussion TBC
Nathan Wright Shoulder TBC
Club says Fisher and Dempster just the one week

The VFL top 5
Eli Templeton – 36 possessions (13 contested), 7 inside 50s, 6 clearances and 6 tackles

“Eli was good again. He spread well and his ball use was excellent. It was his best performance of the year so he’s put his best foot forward to get another opportunity at AFL level.”

Brodie Murdoch – 29 possessions, 24 kicks, 9 marks, 8 inside 50s and 3 rebound 50s

“A really good performance in all aspects of his game. He used the ball very well and was good in the contest. He came forward well to impact and was good at covering the outlets. He put his hand up for another senior chance.”

Josh Saunders – 27 possessions (11 contested), 6 inside 50s and 5 clearances

“A really solid game on the wing from Josh, his ball use was pretty good and he worked hard for the full four quarters. He needs to work on kicking instead of forward handballing at times.”

Nick O’Kearney – 27 possessions at 86 per cent, 9 marks and 3 goals

“Nick worked really hard again. He worked high up the ground to provide an outlet. He used the ball well and got plenty of it with 27 possessions."

Jack Sinclair – 19 possessions (12 contested), 9 clearances and 5 tackles

“The Northern Blues really went after Jack but he fought through the attention well. His stats don’t look amazing, but he made a really solid contribution and his hands in tight were really good.”

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-06-28/vfl-player-breakdown-round-12-v-northern-blues
Based on that review, I'd be going with McKenzie in for Wright. Same same but different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Day is playing forward for Gold Coast (as it seems he was on the weekend) as well as Lynch and Two Metre Peter, that's 3 who are at least 197cm and 100kg (according to their profiles) in their forward line, so if Webster is out, then I think Lee would have to be a huge chance to come in for him, to play on Wright or Day.

If Wright misses, I would think Eli would be a monty to come in for him, given that Lonie hasn't played for 3 weeks. Like Wright, Eli is excellent defensively, but he is also very good with the ball in hand, so I'd actually consider him to be an upgrade and he's well and truly earned another crack at it.

No to D-Mac for me. Needs to start getting a LOT more of the pill at VFL level.

If Murdoch does come in, he is a chance to break his duck against the Gold Coast!
He's the obvious replacement for Webster and starred in the vfl.
Just feel they may make a structural change for Lee

Out: Webster (inj), Wright (test)
In: Lee, Lonie

I think this should be a good game. Injuries have curtailed Gold Coast, and unfortunately Adam Saad will still be sidelined for the game. They were going to get a few players back this week, but a few are still on the injury list.

Last time it was Bruce kicking 5 against their backline, and this time around, I suspect similar strong returns from the forward line.

The big challenge would be for the backline. Lynch is in good form, and I expect a towelling, whether it is Lee or Delaney. It's just about limiting the damage. Matera is a dangerous forward and I expect Geary to go to him.

Midfield is simples, with Ross repeating his soft tag on Ablett.

Still think Riewoldt would be without peer in the midfield and would be a key driver.

Gold Coast have been frankly terrible. Their worst attribute seem to be that their %age drops by quarter, ie good 1st quarter followed by continuously falling scores leading to a terrible 4th quarters.

To be fair, Saints aren't doing that well in fourth quarters, winning three and losing 10. Gold Coast though have won just two of of their 13 fourth quarters.

Prediction: Saints by 32 points

Last edited:
Ok.. somehow no one is setting up these threads, so I guess I better start it.

Out: Webster (inj), Wright (test)
In: Lee, Lonie

I think this should be a good game. Injuries have curtailed Gold Coast, and unfortunately Adam Saad will still be sidelined for the game. They were going to get a few players back this week, but a few are still on the injury list.

Last time it was Bruce kicking 5 against their backline, and this time around, I suspect similar strong returns from the forward line.

The big challenge would be for the backline. Lynch is in good form, and I expect a towelling, whether it is Lee or Delaney. It's just about limiting the damage. Matera is a dangerous forward and I expect Geary to go to him.

Midfield is simples, with Ross repeating his soft tag on Ablett.

Still think Riewoldt would be without peer in the midfield and would be a key driver.

Gold Coast have been frankly terrible. Their worst attribute seem to be that their %age drops by quarter, ie good 1st quarter followed by continuously falling scores leading to a terrible 4th quarters.

To be fair, Saints aren't doing that well in fourth quarters, winning three and losing 10. Gold Coast though have won just two of of their 13 fourth quarters.

Prediction: Saints by 32 points

I guess you didn't notice the thread about this set up on Sunday. It's 4 pages in already :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back