Preview Saints vs Suns - Sat 1:40pm Metricon

Pick the margin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdoch will come in for Webster.

Going to be difficult to replace Nathan Wright. I'd give McKenzie or Templeton a run at it.

Would love to give Daniel McKenzie a run at afew games of senior football but his recent vfl performances probably don't warrant it over the form of Murdoch, Templeton, Sinclair and Lonie.
He probably has the most upside out of all those goes though.
Hope he plays some more seniors before the years out.
Really important player for us in the long run which many overlook

Could we look to bring in a newbie for their debut this week? OKearney is a ripper. Coughlin could be handy too...
Between the new recruits and Eli, Dmac, Leonie, Pierce, Murdoch... there are not enough spots for all the guys I wanna see getting a run.

That's awful mean of the club, not letting him go to the toilet.
Maybe the medicos worked out you run faster if you're holding one in. So they've been holding him back for a few weeks, and now he's ready to be unleashed all over Metricon Stadium.

Could we look to bring in a newbie for their debut this week? OKearney is a ripper. Coughlin could be handy too...
Between the new recruits and Eli, Dmac, Leonie, Pierce, Murdoch... there are not enough spots for all the guys I wanna see getting a run.
Would love to see NOK, Rice, White or coughlan make a debut before the end of the year.
If white can win some more of the footy in vfl he will probably be close

Bit worried about this one. Suns finding some form and will be desperate for a win whereas I think we could get a bit happy with ourselves.

In: Murdoch, Sinclair.

Out: Webster, Wright.

Wanted to get McKenzie in there but bit awkward because we need a forward with Wright out so went with Sinclair. Eli could play but I don't mind him continuing his good form in the VFL rather than coming in and having about ten touches.

I am still going for
in: Bull Murdoch and Eli for Wright and Jimmy

Possible in: big Lewy, he play half a game last week for Sandy before joining the Seniors as an emergency.
Lewis Pierce – 16 hitouts, 10 possessions and 4 inside 50s

“Lewy competed really well and was starting to build a game but was taken from the ground at half-time as a senior emergency. He looked good though and got his hands on the ball.”

Not expecting Murdoch to come in at all. He's been uninspiring in the couple of senior games he played.

Don't think one VFL game, where Sinclair was given most of the attention would be the right decision.

Toss up between Eli and Sinclair for Wright's spot. Lonie and Billings would also stake a claim if they are fit.

I don't think Lee is a certainty. Geelong also had a resting forward/ruck versus our one ruckman, and we didn't get exposed. But I guess Webster plays taller than any of his replacements (Murdoch, Shenton), so it might be a rare stroke of luck for Tommy Lee. I doubt anyone would have been dropped for him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given GCS size forward I would bring in Tom Lee & replace Wright with Templeton if Nathan doesnt come up.

Gilbert can then play on a small leaving Delaney, Lee & Roberton to handle there talls.

Tag Ablett if possible.

I would consider also bringing in Pierce to replace Paddy? Think Pierce would offer more to the team, Paddy is still a way off AFL ready IMO.

Club, team and umpired also need to start working on giving Bruce a chop out.

Not a dis on Lee, Minch or Wrighty, but who were our bottom 6 in 2009-10, and how do they compare with our current bottom 6?
What's our best 22?

In 09-10 McQualter and Eddy were the designated "defensive forwards". (Eddy apparently inherited the role from Gwilt who proved to be much more effective at half back.) These days you'd expect a player in that role to work in both directions, but at the height of "the press" these guys would often be at the bottom of the stats sheet and still get picked week after week.

I'd include Dawson - a fullback that nobody trusted kicking the ball; Peake - at his best a great winger but prone to shocking disposal and often went missing (Clarke was similar); and Kosi - you just knew when a guy like Scarlett was on him that he'd be able to run off his opponent all day.

It's strange to think of it now but Dempster was a candidate at the time too, there was a phase where it seems he wasn't expected to beat his opponent and his number one option was to spoil. His worst football was under Lyon and you have to wonder about that.

So many stoppers and taggers and defenders, what a weird time for footy and thank God we've moved past it.

I'd take any win here, this is a real banana skin.

GC playing a better, our interstate performances not very good.

Ideally a win, but want to see 100% effort again from the team, will be really frustrated if we just turn up for this one thinking the game is already won.

No talk of Armo on Saints injury report nor on afl injury list.
Assume he's fine to play then

I don't think Lee is a certainty. Geelong also had a resting forward/ruck versus our one ruckman, and we didn't get exposed. But I guess Webster plays taller than any of his replacements (Murdoch, Shenton), so it might be a rare stroke of luck for Tommy Lee. I doubt anyone would have been dropped for him though.
Geelong's 3rd tall marking target was Kersten, at 191cm, who was an ideal size for the likes of Gilbert, Roberton or even J-Webb, whereas Gold Coast have Day as their 3rd and he's listed at 197cm and 100kg (and he's the shortest of their 3 up there!) so that's why they are a different proposition.

Geelong's 3rd tall marking target was Kersten, at 191cm, who was an ideal size for the likes of Gilbert, Roberton or even J-Webb, whereas Gold Coast have Day as their 3rd and he's listed at 197cm and 100kg (and he's the shortest of their 3 up there!) so that's why they are a different proposition.

It will still be Gilbert or Roberton playing on Day. If Lee comes in you'd assume he'd go to Wright.

Luckily Sam Day is a very average footballer who was kept his list position on potential almost entirely

If we're picking players on VFL form it will be Murdoch and Templeton for Webster and Wright. Personally I'd rather see McKenzie and Lee in for structural reasons and because we'd probably get a combined total of 18 possessions from Murdoch and Templeton.

Sinclair would be a chance as well. He was targeted physically all day and didn't have much space to work with but he still dug in and played a good inside and defensive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back