Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Official injury list (10) released 20/8

Season (10) :
• Noah Long (Knee)
• Elijah Hewett (Foot)
• Tyler Brockman (Ankle)
• Callum Jamieson (Ankle/Knee)
• Dom Sheed (Foot/Hamstring)
• Luke Edwards (Concussion)
• Josh Rotham (Abdominal)
• Tom Barrass (Back/Hamstring) - Was 1-2 weeks
• Jeremy McGovern (Thumb) - New
• Jamaine Jones (Concussion) - New

It’s the last game of the season so all players are now listed as out for the season

Chesser and Burgiel have both been removed from the list after recovering from their respective injuries

Andrew Gaff has retired and won’t be available to play

Doctor Google suggest a minimum 3 weeks for a grade 1 minor tendon injury.

Westcoast injury history google suggests more likely be a worst case scenario. Anywhere from 6 months to becoming a captian of a Pirate ship stereotype
You're clearly not using Dr Google correctly.

I tried it and it said he's got terminal cancer and will be dead in 3 weeks :(

Absolute bollocks. I was about 25 meters from where Hough landed, his ankle and knee definitely hyper extended. He got up and walked off but was definitely limping so obviously copped something. Hopefully just a tweak but it didn't look good.

Was definitely not a sprain.
I rolled my ankle 3 weeks ago. At the time it didnt feel that bad but once it cooled down my entire foot was stiff and achy as fek.

I still have a limp.and its still pretty sore.
Its either a bad sprain or some sort of fracture, but i dont want to spend the money out of pocket to get to the bottom of it.

On the Friday session we literally had 3 injuries occur in the space of a 10 minute block of training with Flynn/Brockman and forget 3rd name but was a third one

Dont pretend this is normal and we should focus all our attentions on the club song as opposed to this mess

Based of last Fridays training session, Liam Ryan is organising some "spiritual changes" which involves removing current Aboriginal artwork around the ground and having weekly ceremonies on the ground to scare away the spirits of death

On the Friday session we literally had 3 injuries occur in the space of a 10 minute block of training with Flynn/Brockman and forget 3rd name but was a third one

Dont pretend this is normal and we should focus all our attentions on the club song as opposed to this mess

Flynn was originally named in the squad and Brockman wasn’t, but you’re saying they got injured at the same time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Brockman trained Friday still but wasnt going to play Saturday also. He has knee AND groin soreness

You see why I’d be skeptical of your inside info which I haven’t seen reported anywhere else…

I remember early on in the injury carnage (liken 2019 or 2020 something) the club actually posted some sort of response to the suggestion the surface at mineral resources park was a problem, and obviously it was things are fine, move along nothing to see here.

But surely this has to be revisited at some point. The last 3 years of injuries have basically been without precedent in the history of the AFL.

The fact that the leg/groin issues are distributed across every age group at the club, routinely strike down new arrivals at the club and have persisted even after radical changes to the off field personnel really raises the question of what the **** else could it be? Like given the absolute carnage that it's caused, surely it's at least worth spending some money to seriously examine this possibility?

We are a wooden spoon team who didn't play finals, had ample opportunity to book anyone in for surgery as early as possible last year and retired 3 guys over 30 (all with chronic leg issues). This list absolutely should be healthy now.

To be coming off that base and be two weeks out from round 1 with something like 9 of our current best 22 unavailable, all with hamstring/groin/foot issues is not remotely normal or ok. It completely defies logic.

Last edited:
So as per the summary page it is currently 15 players or around a third of the list. Not including any more that maybe added from the Saturday night game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury SJOGHCIU - Will the curse be lifted in 2024? LOL, not a chance. Rinse and repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back