Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone deserves to be whoever they want. Be angry. Be emotional. Be disappointed. Be pessimistic. Be optimistic. Be whatever the **** you want. It sucks. It could be worse. Next year could be great. Right now for me it sucks.
I got told off in the third quarter by the fairweather twat in the row in front of me for being too negative in the third quarter lol. He was lucky I didn't clock his pathetic arse....

You are spot on with your comment.

Yeah we shouldn't have lost today, but you cannot dispute the quality of this Lions team. Do they have a weakness? I'm not convinced they do. When you consider they've got Coleman, Doedee, McCarthy, McInerney and the younger Ashcroft to add to their team, a dynasty is there for the taking for them. Full credit to them since Fagan took over as coach. Their list management has been spectacular and they deserve this flag.

I think we were the best team across the majority of this year, but I'd 100% agree that today's Lions team was stronger than ours on paper.
Lions team was
And they'll only get better with more f/s freebies to come.

I feel like at the ground they lined up and attempted to play in some odd zone defence way and bomb forward like port did to us.

Then the on the attack they went ****en sideways and short so often,

Brisbane just said wtf and ran hard, ran from stoppages, and ran hard to lead, ran hard to get to the front, they broke our tackles, they made us look so weak

Don't understand the plan of playing cooked tall forwards but then using Parker in a shut down role on their tallest bloke.
Parker's shutdown role worked well against AA in our Port game. I understand the reason behind it.

Our kryptonite is getting beaten in the middle and when we do get it forward its in a panicked manner which gives the forwards nothing.

It wasn’t a ‘bad day’, it was the fourth abysmal performance in the most important game of the season.

It damaged our players, our supporter base and corporate support, our club brand and AFL in NSW.

We need:
  • fresh, tougher voices and ideas in our senior coaches
  • recruit Key Position Players
  • draft some hard bodies
  • harden up our team with more time in the gym, intense competitive training and the inclusion of a combat martial art

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Sorry for the intrusion.

Sorry for the loss.

Feel however you're feeling. Terrific club and fanbase.

Much respect and admiration for what you guys have done.

Hope you guys are at the pointy end next year.

Go the Bloods. Peace out.
Yo, yo

You’re one Giants fan that’s alright with me. Had to block one on Facebook today for being smartarse

Just felt like we never embraced the grind. Even in the 1st quarter, we seemed to be applying little pressure, very open and trying risky kicks. As though we were going to beat them with our ball movement and run.

Our forward line had 3 talls, plus Parker and Fox. With hindsight maybe we needed some small half forwards who can run, pressure and swamp the midfield. Like adding Cleary, Adams and Campbell to the forward line.

How is it with hindsight ????

All year the one part of the game horse emphasises is pressure and he instead turns ou forward line into a trampoline.

It doesn’t help that gulden and Blakey spent the first quarter aiming at purple shirts.

The way they just ran through the corridor in the first quarter must have been sending the signal that the swans cannot defend lions ball movement. Having a few extra runners rather than some witches hats has been obvious for a while.

Also coaching aside the list suddenly looks pretty stuffed mentally.

What do we have , Rampe looked old today, how often can he go, last year his last? Parker has looked cooked every time we play a top team, North quite frankly stupid to pay him.

We all love Lloyd and Cunningham but they must be farked frm this,

Heeney can't stay healthy and we just play him banged up.

We say the talls kinda stink, but you only have to be serviceable if the midfield and plan is right,

Even Paps and Hayward in big grannies,..i mean where were they? I know they try.

Grundy is what past 30 and will he be good for much longer?

People say pick Adams, who I liked but he is 30 and not like he was a ball magnet.

Errol reverts to cheap kicks, Chad had a lack of awareness, Rowy just seemed small at times compared to the lions

Florent wtf ratshit.

But Lizard, supposed to be a star, he was abysmal and soft, going for that free while they goal, pathetic we were officially done then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what the worst grand final record is for a player.

Dane is 0-4 now :(
Jack Titus 6 L - 2W

Most losses (player)

6: Jack Titus (Richmond)

5:
Dick Reynolds (Essendon),
Bill Hutchison (Essendon),
Rene Kink (Collingwood/Essendon),
Thomas O'Halloran (Richmond),
Jack Dyer (Richmond),
Jack Bissett (Richmond/South Melbourne)

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I really care right now.

Something something disappointed

Something something unswanslike

Something something I do not know why it happens but we will work on it in the off season

Something something proud of the boys this season, just couldn't get it done

Just replay 2014 or 2022

Yo, yo

You’re one Giants fan that’s alright with me. Had to block one on Facebook today for being smartarse
Apologies. Some people cannot help themselves.

If we couldn't do it, I was hoping you would.

You guys have much to admire, history, the way the club is run. You have some fans that have really resonated with me and are my absolute favs.

I'm devastated for you but I am sure you'll be feeling it more.

Sorry once again.

And they'll only get better with more f/s freebies to come.
I won't hate on them for being genetic freaks. We just need some of our players to father some elite sons and then not crack the shits with the club because we don't give them a coaching role (cough Andrew Dunkley cough).

I don't blame the coaches. I don't blame the players.

I don't know who I blame.

It's just the same thing repeated over and over again.

2005 and 2012, if you watch those games closely, we were really lucky. 2012 especially we could have easily lost by 5 goals+ if Hawthorn took their opportunities.

Why do we always play so poorly in games like this?!

I won't hate on them for being genetic freaks. We just need some of our players to father some elite sons and then not crack the shits with the club because we don't give them a coaching role (cough Andrew Dunkley cough).
Oh no was not having a go at them at all. But it won't make the task of beating then any easier.

I really wish I was wrong with my gut feeling before the game. I tried to be positive but I cannot trust this team in the Grand Final. All week I’ve felt uneasy. I wish I was wrong though, sorry guys :(

It's the mental side I'm not convinced we'll bounce back from.
If we keep fronting up I guess you would break through eventually, but how many times can you go to the well dish up shit like that and then go again the next year. Had we been competitive I'd be like yeah suck but lets go in 25 just need to find 1 or 2 defenders and we're good. Losing like that again I'm not sure, history is not kind to those that lose like that the following year.

Maybe we can trade 1 person in to help (although with our tight cap, they'd be a stop gap or a punt), but virtually all our improvement would need to be internal, and I doubt we'll have as good of a run of injuries. Who can actually play better next year though? Most had career years..... I guess one of the 3 talls coming good would be the great white hope? Mills coming back and fixing our inside mid problem? Maybe we strike gold with a kid we draft who's ready made or hope a Sheldrick suddenly becomes a star in 20 games time?
We'll never have a better chance than the one we just had, so being so non-competitive really hurts. It's the most painful GF loss as a supporter by a mile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back