Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The whole article is a rehash of the indiscretion.
Yeah, nah.
Link
"We're not all perfect, you've just got to learn from these things ... You never want to make mistakes, but that's life and I've become a better person from it. It was just an accident, simple as that. These things happen and I'm glad it's behind me."
Link

It always astounds me that some people seem to have more hatred for the Crows than love for Port... I'm sure the same is happening on the other side of the fence as well.

I truly couldn't give a flying fu-- what they are doing, to me they are the same as all the other opposition teams in the competition.

The other thing to think about, you do realise that every player is just a bloke that happens to play for a team you don't support... how anyone can "hate" that player personally without every even meeting them is beyond me!

No one is attacking Betts. This is the media shakes head thread. It's the media's handling that is being attacked and rightly so. He is obviously a good bloke and a great footballer (one of many) but is neither a hero nor the saint he is constantly promoted as. His image is plastered over the Tiser day in day out. It's ridiculous. Where's the #balance ?
Their is no balance, expect none and move on.

You will be a better person for it.

I couldn't manage to watch the game live last Fri because of other commitments, but I just finished watching the reply and I reckon BT should publicly apologize to Johnson. As for C.Ling GAGF campaigner....

Yeah, knowing every player's name by sight is probably page one of 'Football Commentary 101'. There's no excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing to think about, you do realise that every player is just a bloke that happens to play for a team you don't support... how anyone can "hate" that player personally without every even meeting them is beyond me!

Mostly agree but there are some exceptions to this.

images (8).jpg

It always astounds me that some people seem to have more hatred for the Crows than love for Port... I'm sure the same is happening on the other side of the fence as well.

I truly couldn't give a flying fu-- what they are doing, to me they are the same as all the other opposition teams in the competition.

I think there will always be a higher level of hatred for the crows, simply because of the circumstances surrounding their formation.

Yeah, knowing every player's name by sight is probably page one of 'Football Commentary 101'. There's no excuse.
I'm sure he called Pittard as Byrne-Jones during the second quarter too. Seems that DBJ is his fallback if he doesn't recognise someone.

I'm sure he called Pittard as Byrne-Jones during the second quarter too. Seems that DBJ is his fallback if he doesn't recognise someone.
Barely got a name right ... called Houston "Jonas" as well! ... It doesnt anger me, it must be embarrassing for fellow commentators and producers! I just laughed.

But geez he's brilliant at crowd estimations......

I did like his comment that Carey had found himself in many holes before.

The silence reminded me of a GWS home game.

Rory Atkins is probably a good bloke who has the odd kick with neighbour children, genuinely smiles during hospital visits and regularly upgrades his round of beers to bourbons without any expectation of the favour being returned.

But when that low-rent Brett Ratten lookylikey put his hand up to his ear, not once but twice, after Betts' goal in the second Showdown of 2016 - and then Jenkins and Walker sanctimoniously complained on Twitter about the bad language they heard - they can all go swallow a hobo's load.

Rory Atkins is probably a good bloke who has the odd kick with neighbour children, genuinely smiles during hospital visits and regularly upgrades his round of beers to bourbons without any expectation of the favour being returned.

But when that low-rent Brett Ratten lookylikey put his hand up to his ear, not once but twice, after Betts' goal in the second Showdown of 2016 - and then Jenkins and Walker sanctimoniously complained on Twitter about the bad language they heard - they can all go swallow a hobo's load.

Yep. I get where Boxx is coming from but they come across like total dicks. Didn't Gunston say words to the effect that he didnt like who the person he was becoming at the crows? It has a lot to do with their adoring media IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back