The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I dislike them as a significant amount of effort goes into their development and people think they are important.

They are essentially statements of the obvious that are seen as an end point. People were annoyed we don't have one. If we did would that have made the year a pass?

Win football. Mission statement. Statement of effing obvious.

Develop a plan that achieves that. Strategic plan. Needs far more work and effort.

Sometimes when self preservation and/or politicking gets involved and it’s important to be able to easily be referenced to the reason for existence. If our mission statement is to win an AFL premiership then our board has lost its way. I doubt that’s even something that drives them. Why would we develop a plan to win football? I highly doubt that is what drives the board’s decision making.

Will the external review be made public?

I've heard Ricciuto say that they will align the external review with their own internal review and compare them.

Just imagine the look on Dunstall once he starts peeling back a few layers compared to coming from Hawthorn.
"The AFL told us that he's good!"

Ummm... what the **** would they know?

Will the external review be made public?

I've heard Ricciuto say that they will align the external review with their own internal review and compare them.
They'll scour the external review for positives and release those

This wait is painful....when will the review findings be released, this week or will that come after the senior coach announcement?
I think they'll be released just after we tell our side of the Tippett contract saga

They'll scour the external review for positives and release those

The report begins: "The Adelaide Football club is a football club located in...".

Headline: 'Review finds AFC is a real football club. Promotions to follow".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s pretty shitty they haven’t released the findings yet.

We can say they want to announce it altogether but that’s just them taking the heat away from themselves, it makes no difference to actually finding replacements.

What they are doing is once again taking the supporters for granted and leaving us in the dark.

I genuinely wonder if they're hoping that they can get away with not announcing it until after membership renewals are due, with the hope that people won't cancel whilst it's looming.

If it approaches the automatic renewal week and it's not released and to my satisfaction then I'm cancelling in entirety out of principal rather than any possible partial cancellation / downgrade.

I genuinely wonder if they're hoping that they can get away with not announcing it until after membership renewals are due, with the hope that people won't cancel whilst it's looming.

If it approaches the automatic renewal week and it's not released and to my satisfaction then I'm cancelling in entirety out of principal rather than any possible partial cancellation / downgrade.
This won't save them. Everybody with functioning eyes will see the empty seats next year.

I think what we are going to find is a very vanilla, general and watered down result of the review.

I’d expect it to look like a statement released from the club announcing the new football and coaching structure followed by a short paragraph dedicated to thanking the likes of Burton, Camporeale and Hart for their service over their years at the club.

Very much a ‘don’t throw anyone under the bus but read between the lines’ feel.

I think what we are going to find is a very vanilla, general and watered down result of the review.

I’d expect it to look like a statement released from the club announcing the new football and coaching structure followed by a short paragraph dedicated to thanking the likes of Burton, Camporeale and Hart for their service over their years at the club.

Very much a ‘don’t throw anyone under the bus but read between the lines’ feel.
I 100% expect there to be know one thrown under a bus. I would be completely unprofessional.

It will be vanilla, but it's the outcomes I'm interested in. That is people no longer in roles that they were in before the review

I 100% expect there to be know one thrown under a bus. I would be completely unprofessional.

It will be vanilla, but it's the outcomes I'm interested in. That is people no longer in roles that they were in before the review
Are we really going to get any significant changes?

The people supposedly under review will have already chosen our new coach, and chosen this year’s list management strategy.

I think if we were serious about changing people we would have ensured the review was done and addressed before those decisions were taken.

Regardless of when the review is completed, I'm not expecting any results/announcements until after the membership auto-renewal date! Oct 25.
But I'm expecting to be disappointed by the non-changes and see them trying to be sneaky.

Not so much sneaky but face savingly manipulative and closed shop. Remember Closed Minds? Sorry Collective Minds.

I'd be surprised if the review hadn't already been done, the findings presented and now we are actioning them. Once this is done, we will then release some of the key findings just before we release the details of the new coach

I'd be surprised if the review hadn't already been done, the findings presented and now we are actioning them. Once this is done, we will then release some of the key findings just before we release the details of the new coach
Yep

It won't be a running commentary

It will be a lag slow release of details once we've already worked out how to manage things

I wonder if there will be many inconsistencies between the internal and external reviews?

Back