Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where this leaves Liam Jones? Christ, this has just flipped on its head.

Will he stay and see if the new coach will give him the opportunity he wants? (even though he was given far too many opportunities as it was)

Really poor decision IMO. Seemed like Macca was building your young group into something formidable. Just needed a couple more pieces, experience to the young mid core and more time. Would have been much better to let Griffen go and get one of those remaining pieces in place but now seems like you'll be bending over backwards to make him feel comfortable. Griff is a great player but clearly a poor choice as captain and someone I wouldn't want remaining at the club. Hopefully this doesn't destabilize your young group too much but can't see it being anything other than a big step backwards. Hope I'm wrong and the Dogs are able to move forward quickly but I think this could hurt your progress a bit.

Interesting. I wonder if he actually resigned or was pushed.
Those cancelling memberships can **** off. You no longer have a right to complain. You are now fans not supporters.

On what's happened... I'm conflicted. We desperately need a new coach with massive balls.

No, it seems we need the most passive coach imaginable. Someone who will be happy with the boys to just do as they please.

Yep, the troublesome senior players have to go. Can't have the end result being them getting their way. What a horrible look for everyone.

I really hope we don't accept his resignation. Don't have high hopes...

What makes you think that its just the senior players?

Seems as though it was across the board. Some senior players supported him, some didn't. Some junior players couldn't communicate with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm as pissed off at Griff and the club as everybody else is but we need to step back and realise that they spoke to the players, and there was enough negative feedback for them to believe Macca's position was untenable. I very much doubt that it's a very small number of senior players as we've been led to believe. In that case, it was the right decision - whether we agree that Macca wasn't the man to take us forward or not. At the end of the day the players expressed enough concerns to make Macca think that he could not continue. The board agreed. I don't think we can judge this on the basis of "three or four senior players" as we've been told. There were enough players with legitimate concerns to make this the best course of action.

What makes you think that its just the senior players?

Seems as though it was across the board. Some senior players supported him, some didn't. Some junior players couldn't communicate with him.

Now that Macca has gone we will find out the extent of the player communication issues and it may not just be the senior players. Try not to pass judgement until we find out from the players the extent of the problem.

For all those saying they will cancel their membership, now the club needs your support. They have mine.

I'm as pissed off at Griff and the club as everybody else is but we need to step back and realise that they spoke to the players, and there was enough negative feedback for them to believe Macca's position was untenable. I very much doubt that it's a very small number of senior players as we've been led to believe. In that case, it was the right decision - whether we agree that Macca wasn't the man to take us forward or not. At the end of the day the players expressed enough concerns to make Macca think that he could not continue. The board agreed. I don't think we can judge this on the basis of "three or four senior players" as we've been told. There were enough players with legitimate concerns to make this the best course of action.

fair enough, but dont suck up griffs arse and do a complete backflip ! Gordon should have categorically come out and said he will be traded !

Weak as piss !

Its more imperative now that Griffen, Cooney, Minson have to go after being responsible for this mess
The Minson interview is what kicked this off - interesting to see what happens with Big Will
Looks like Simon Dalrymple will be a busy boy on AFL Draft night

Sorry Doggies Supporters board should fall on their sword too, go for complete new approach inline with the new coach and Griff still needs to be traded as the club is bigger then the individual even if he is captain...

Peter Gordon is a great President .. we're lucky to have him.
I accept the reasons and the difficulties going ahead with Macca.
We gave him a fair go.
It's messy with Griffen .... Gordon is probably playing hard ball to get better picks .. knowing Griffen would himself not want or be able to play for the Bulldogs again.
Hold fast ... it's all up from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back