Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad the club did everything they could to back the coach. Then when this bloke side swiped us with what he did we went through the right process. Glad he was honest with himself that this is now unrecoverable. He did everything he could and Griff spat in his face basically.

The next coach of the dogs imo is a lucky man. They have a board that'll fight for their man until there's nothing more to be had. They have a young list with stacks of talent and a swag of picks. I'll be harsher on them than I was Bmac, he had the toughest job a coach has ever had IMO.

To Griff: see ya mate. Thought you were more honourable than that.

Umm, so Minson had exactly the same back issue, but worse than Griffen, but you defend one and slag the other? And Cooney had a rubbish year? He'd be lucky to be walking in 5 years. Higgins did not have a rubbish year - he is a journeyman in a rubbish team.

I don't think Minson's was worse at all. Griffen couldn't move.

Regardless, I may be wrong as I'm only justifying my decision on what I see on gameday, I don't think there was enough effort from Big Will. He is being asked to do to much by rucking alone so I'll give him a let off there but there is no denying he had a rubbish year, there was very few times he won the ruck battle after winning almost all the year before. The Bonti game against Melbourne was a great example, Jamar absolutely smashed Will, it was embarrassing. Will's defense was dreadful, he was rightfully given a whack.

Everyone knows Cooney has knee issues but he doesn't try hard enough both ways. He still has a role to play, he is a likeable guy but he's season was rubbish. Only runs one way, quite rightfully given a whack.

Terry Wallace believes the under 24 yr old players were behind Macca. The overs weren't. Probably over simplifying (Gia really??) but smells about right.

Finally have the name of Graham Lowe is our Football Manager, who the hell is he? What is his role? How is that role of conduit between football area and senior management going?

Someone tell me more about Graham Lowe. He seems to be laying low. I would too if in his position.

"At the very least he is a great development coach,"

What great development did Macca do at our club? What great development did he do - anywhere? Saying it so, doesn't make it so.

Many of the young players have improved under him. Countless people within the industry and from Geelong vouch for him in this regard. I'd even say he helped take Griffens game to the next level in term of contested ball winning ability.

Seriously...Round One next year.

How is everyone going to be feeling when the senior players take to the field?

Do we actually want to cheer for them? These bastards have forced the coach out because they didn't like him.

I don't feel like cheering for them one bit.

I think getting rid of Griff, Coons and Minson will bring the group stronger. We will be able to bring in a new coach and start fresh with a bunch of quality kids who are determind to create history for the club. I just love the passion Libba, Hrovat & Stringer show for the club, Never afraid to back down when the heat is on and fly the flag. We are in good hands going forward if we can get rid of the cancer.

I'm still scratching my head a little
- for those saying and angry that the players cannot run the club..........

What would you do as president in 2015 if half the playing list, and yes its half the playing list - had issues with the coach.
Its an untennable situation - It is a fact that McCartney understood and agreed on and hence why he resigned.

The only decision that could be reached was the one Macca and Gordon come to.
Realistically I am not sure what else could have been done.

But I agree with the people saying Griffen cannot return.
Although he was only the face of the discontent - he does have blood on his hands in the eyes of the footy world - fair or unfair.

I expect that Jordan Roughhead will be named captain.
I expect the coach to come from Montgomery or West.

I cant see them going with Williams or Sanderson given they were sacked for largely player unrest.
So why wasn't this identified during the review a couple of weeks ago? We could have sacked Macca then and kept our captain and best player. such a reactionary move and all the talk in the press conference today was utter bs

Sorry key thing there kicked players out not had players walk out, Macca lost a large portion of the playing group who chose to leave, Clarkson moved players on by his choice. Also Clarkson didn't have his captain want out.

end of the day point people are missing is Macca said himself he could not repair the rift that is simply saying he can't do his job

That's not entirely true. Crawf was unhappy with Clarko's appointment and got to the stage of meeting with Eddie to see about getting to the Pies. In his book he talks about how Eddie talked to him a bit then basically said to him "Mate, you don't really want to leave Hawthorn, you should stick it out".

Higgins is another one that deserves to be booed unrelentingly next year

He may have ****ed off to Norf but there's no doubt that he was part of the senior group backstabbing Macca

Seriously...Round One next year.

How is everyone going to be feeling when the senior players take to the field?

Do we actually want to cheer for them? These bastards have forced the coach out because they didn't like him.

I don't feel like cheering for them one bit.
Will probably be in WA in 40 degree heat, and we'll get flogged anyway.

So why wasn't this identified during the review a couple of weeks ago? We could have sacked Macca then and kept our captain and best player. such a reactionary move and all the talk in the press conference today was utter bs

We couldnt have sacked macca as he had two years to run on his contract so $$$ played a big part.
Instead we went with the stand by your man motto.
The feedback wasnt good - they put in place something to help McCartney improve.
It obviously wasnt enough to tell Griffen things would change so he walked.

And I repeat its not all about Griffen - Ive said this for 3 weeks - there is about a dozen of them.
Barrett just tweeted Dalhaus was similarly disenchanted - he wasnt even one Id heard of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We couldnt have sacked macca as he had two years to run on his contract so $$$ played a big part.
Instead we went with the stand by your man motto.
The feedback wasnt good - they put in place something to help McCartney improve.
It obviously wasnt enough to tell Griffen things would change so he walked.

And I repeat its not all about Griffen - Ive said this for 3 weeks - there is about a dozen of them.
Barrett just tweeted Dalhaus was similarly disenchanted - he wasnt even one Id heard of.
Just wondering who else was unhappy mate?

Actually the more I think about it, Choco is a bloody good option. He is a great developer of young men and has a profile (and can coach), meaning he's happy to say what he thinks in the media meaning the profile of the club will also lift. He'd be a second time head coach too who has stayed int he game.

4 have walked out the door ! Griffen, Jones, Tutt, Higgins
Cooney wants to walk, Boyd, Minson, Dalhaus, Talia - Thats 9 without me even to start to have to reveal sources or speculate.
Dalhaus? Really? Thats the last thing we need, young blokes who are the future of the club leaving. If that happens it will be completely gut wrenching.

Dalhaus? Really? Thats the last thing we need, young blokes who are the future of the club leaving. If that happens it will be completely gut wrenching.

Doesnt mean he is walking - just he isnt happy - Barrett just tweeted it and he hasnt been wrong yet with the goings on down there.

May as well change our logo back to soft bulldog 2 days ago we launch a new logo looking like a ruthless dogs yesterday we back our coach today we go soft wtf I will not continue with my social club membership until I know the whole list wants to play for the western Bulldogs when Minson cooney and griffin are gone I will be a member pathetic dogs

I would love to hear the actual faults of Macca, it would HAVE to be more than just a hardline approach.
This. For all the journalists and posters' sources, nobody has actually been able to provide us with any concrete information about what he did wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back