Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me if I'm not allowed to post in here, but having seen some pretty average coaches recently I don't think Macca is one of them.

Who is leading your recruiting these days?

I think it's all good having a bunch of quality inside mids, and Crameri was the right get, but I think the Dogs need to be more aggressive in their pursuit of a big forward like you were when you grabbed Hall.

To me, McCartney looks like a great educator and has a good football brain; but you watch more of your club than I do, obviously, and if he's not coping with losing so well than it's a tough situation to be in.

There's a real dearth of quality coaches around at the moment, so unless you throw a bucket of cash at Bomber or Worsfold - who is a viable alternative?

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the year. If it's not wins, at least you know that your boys have tried and you can finally land a quality young KPF.
Thanks for the input SSF.

Simon Dalrymple is head of recruiting - I'm not particularly happy with him but it is what it is.

We need to land someone like Patton, who has a lot of upside, plenty of publicity and at this stage is just what we need to build a team around. I'd rather we be aggressive and stuff up than be conservative and just continue to spiral out of control.

McCartney needs assistance too - I rate him, but I don't rate half our coaching panel and think changes have to be made come September.

Good luck to your boys too - nice to see some positive feedback surrounding Melbourne after a few years in the wilderness and hope we can win back the public sooner rather than later.

The development that hasn’t taken place is to don’t let a horror five minutes become a horror 25 minutes. There’s lots of other areas of our game that are improving.

In the end we weren’t good enough for 40 minutes tonight. We’ve got to accept responsibility, I take responsibility. We move on, but we are disappointed in ourselves.’’

Very few people were up for the fight in that patch.

T We’ve got to accept responsibility, I take responsibility.

“One thing I said to the boys after the game is I’m in it with them. I’m the leader, the leader goes first

The above is just more spin after more spin I heard Carro on 3AW today and apparently the cats had BM as a future leader in the development side and even the thought of him building and creating his own department in that area, but they never saw him as a stand alone coach it was Mark Thompson who convinced him that he should look into the area of coaching not the Cats

Thompson, wont come he is to much of a mate of BM
Ratten maybe
Wallace no

The 2015 Coaching line up and the 2015 spin

Brendan Mcartney I am so lucky to have John come to the club with a wealth of experience
John Worsfold very lucky to be a assistant to such a great teacher and developer of young men

Simon Black Looking forward top a great long career with the Bulldogs
Cam Mooney It is great we have some new coaching staff and old coaching staff

Thank you to the below for allowing the bulldogs to use their spin

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=rob sitch hollowmen&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=4x6UU9LcPITFkwXA2oF4&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=689&bih=321&dpr=1.75[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
The development that hasn’t taken place is to don’t let a horror five minutes become a horror 25 minutes. There’s lots of other areas of our game that are improving.

In the end we weren’t good enough for 40 minutes tonight. We’ve got to accept responsibility, I take responsibility. We move on, but we are disappointed in ourselves.’’

Very few people were up for the fight in that patch.

T We’ve got to accept responsibility, I take responsibility.

“One thing I said to the boys after the game is I’m in it with them. I’m the leader, the leader goes first

The above is just more spin after more spin I heard Carro on 3AW today and apparently the cats had BM as a future leader in the development side and even the thought of him building and creating his own department in that area, but they never saw him as a stand alone coach it was Mark Thompson who convinced him that he should look into the area of coaching not the Cats
In what universe is that spin? Agree with him, don't agree with him, but you can't knock the consistency and honesty of his message. I can't believe the 'snake oil salesman' crap. People cry out for coaches to tell it like it is, and when one does, they relentlessly insult him and complain about it.

H

How can you seriously say you back the coach after last night? You seriously delusional
Because I believe in his long term vision :) He isn't taking any short cuts. But agree to disagree, I'm not delusional Tone :) Hope you are well :)

I'm guessing this is directed to me... So......

He's spinning by saying we've got to accept responsibility coaches, players etc.??
He's also spinning by saying me as the leader I have to live and die by my choices??

I've heard that Geelong thought he would be a great coach but he would need good assistant coaches around him like every other coach in the comp. I hate to tell you every coach in the comp is only as good as their assistant coaches or are we being fanciful thinking its 1962 and the senior coach does everything? Who knows maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle....

I had a chat to B-Mac about this time last year and not too long ago he spoke about this on public record so I'm not telling anything that isn't on public record. Paraphrasing he said when I arrived more people wanted to leave then stay on i.e. management, coaches etc.

Basically they knew where the club was going and wanted out before getting "tainted" as being apart of a shit club.
That's a shit position to be in to start your coaching career and history will show most of our management, coaches etc. are new.

They might not be the best but they've served a purpose for us and IMO a few of those positions need to be evaluated....

Basically lets get or go after the best we can.... If that means we go after an assistant coach/line coach etc. from Hawks, Swans etc. that wants a bit more responsibility, more money etc. so be it. Heck if we think that Bomber, Worsfold etc. could be a good right hand to B-Mac so be it but we need to do something.....

Thompson, wont come he is to much of a mate of BM
Ratten maybe
Wallace no

The 2015 Coaching line up and the 2015 spin

Brendan Mcartney I am so lucky to have John come to the club with a wealth of experience
John Worsfold very lucky to be a assistant to such a great teacher and developer of young men

Simon Black Looking forward top a great long career with the Bulldogs
Cam Mooney It is great we have some new coaching staff and old coaching staff

Thank you to the below for allowing the bulldogs to use their spin

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...2oF4&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=689&bih=321&dpr=1.75

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah lets get Wallace back...we are still paying for his light bodied mosquito fleet who couldn't get the job done. Ask Richmond how they are going after Wallace's 5 year plan he implemented over there.
Thanks for almost getting us there Terry....but you walked out on us and you aint coming back matey
Wallace admitted last night on SEN that he erred in his decision at that time, and I remember Peter Gordon making a few blunders in his first term and another re-appointing McCartney for an extension at the end of his second season as coach. I am for Terry Wallace or any coach that has some passion and ability to coach, taking in tactics, a plan b, or just simply making this club accountable.

Wallace admitted last night on SEN that he erred in his decision at that time, and I remember Peter Gordon making a few blunders in his first term and another re-appointing McCartney for an extension at the end of his second season as coach. I am for Terry Wallace or any coach that has some passion and ability to coach, taking in tactics, a plan b, or just simply making this club accountable.

Yeah and Hardwick has set the world on fire please not one final win from him I would take Wallace in a sec from him

Wallace takes over from Joyce mid season 1996, team shows signs of recovery by end of year, 1997 to 2000 we make the finals. 2001 to 2002 we do dip, but still competitive unit. 2003 with the first of our teachers we hit rock bottom, improve a bit 2004, say goodbye to the teacher and appoint a coach. Immediate improvement, make finals in 2006, dip in 2007, back in finals 2008, 2009, 2010, dip in 2011 appoint 2nd teacher in 2012 one big dip! and some of you reckon we are on the right track..................

I'm waiting for the whitewash at Essendon to finish, Hird to go back and Bomber Thompspn to make a move to our club to coach.

As a famous man once said... I had a dream..... A dream that the colours red white and blue would fly victorious on the hallowed turf of the MCG on grind final day.. Etc

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

I'm waiting for the whitewash at Essendon to finish, Hird to go back and Bomber Thompspn to make a move to our club to coach.

As a famous man once said... I had a dream..... A dream that the colours red white and blue would fly victorious on the hallowed turf of the MCG on grind final day.. Etc

The way we are playing it certainly would be a grind final :p

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Hindsight would have been having Cameron on the ground while Jarman was tearing our backline a new arseh*le rather than having him warm the wood.. But yeah, I agree.

Couldn't agree to Wallace coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back