List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

“Current picks: 1, 23, 37, 58, 73
Barring a very late surprise, Harley Reid will be an Eagle on Monday night. Complicated, multi-club trade proposals have been floated but, as it stands, clubs expect West Coast to keep the first selection and draft the generational talent. If local young gun Daniel Curtin slides past Hawthorn and beyond, though, the Eagles could then find themselves orchestrating a deal to get back into draft and nab the versatile, 197cm prospect. One of the draft’s biggest x-factors – and bolters – Lance Collard is likely to be in the mix if the Eagles keep the first pick of the second night, as will fellow West Australian Aiden O’Driscoll, Tasmanian Arie Schoenmaker and neat-kicking Sandringham playmaker Archie Roberts. But that selection, especially if there is a big slider in the first round, will be a much sought after commodity on Tuesday. The Eagles could be the club to give talented slider Ashton Moir a chance, while NGA prospect Oscar Hine-Baston is a chance land at the club later in the draft.”

O’Driscoll????
Ignore this. Roberts and Schoenmaker I reckon are chances though. O’Driscoll might be our last pick but I think Freo will jump in and take him and Sanchez.

North on Gettable saying the Harley chase is over.

cigar-cigare.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Trey Ruscoe has signed with our WAFL side.
Safe to say we won't be adding him as a desisted free agent

Happy with this. Don't be surprised with a mid season upgrade. Or we bring g him in in 12 months as a dfa.

Ruscoe will be good for the WAFL side and is coming out of a great program at Collingwood. As more fringe pkayers come out of contract we will bring in mature types as DFA to build depth at no draft cost.

Good luck to the lad.

Last edited:
I don't think it's any surprise that some at the Eagles would have taken the trade on offer, they had a meeting all about it and made a decision.

No need to get worked up about it.
Just await news to see if Naitanui has been diverted back to Perth.

Nic posted his wife and kid on his Instagram story just before, I’m pretty sure he’s in Perth. Where have you all heard he’s in Melbourne?

imo still think all this late talk on Curtin is a last minute ploy to try and get us to trade pick 1. Like we've settled on Reid (potentially because we can get Curtin another way) with 1 and trading our F1 for Curtin (potentially with a pre arranged deal with Melbourne?) but North and Hawks are trying to make it sound he wont make it to their pick?

Nothing really groundbreaking or worth getting worked up over in the Daniels interview.

He says at the end "it could still happen, North would have to get better than their 2, 15 & 17 offer"

So the same as its been all along, if they offer 2&3 or 2 and F1 we'll probably strongly consider it but they haven't even offered it as yet
I'd do 2 & F1.

I would then offer up our Future First to the hawks & grab Curtin if not taken by North.

You'd end up with McKercher, Curtin & still have a Future first next year tied to North which will most likely be a top 5 pick.

It's unlikely to happen though but it's what I would be doing.

I'd do 2 & F1.

I would then offer up our Future First to the hawks & grab Curtin if not taken by North.

You'd end up with McKercher, Curtin & still have a Future first next year tied to North which will most likely be a top 5 pick.

It's unlikely to happen though but it's what I would be doing.

I'd do 2, 17 and future first for 1, 23 and future second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back