List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Now that North have essentially confirmed the Reid ship has sailed

The one worry left is Melbourne, remember Twomey did say we didn’t necessarily reject their offer and if the club truly is obsessed with Curtin and knows he’ll be there at 6, their offer would be very appealing to us (not me, but the club).

6, 11, 43 and a future 1st.

Would YOU have taken the deal on offer?

It would have been very good for our rebuild but I'm firmly in the take Reid camp.

The one worry left is Melbourne, remember Twomey did say we didn’t necessarily reject their offer and if the club truly is obsessed with Curtin and knows he’ll be there at 6, their offer would be very appealing to us (not me, but the club).

The club isn't 'obsessed' with Curtin and the Melbourne list manager was just on Gettable saying that this isn't happening.

The club isn't 'obsessed' with Curtin and the Melbourne list manager was just on Gettable saying that this isn't happening.

The only ones obsessed with Curtin to West Coast, are the Vic media.

Forcing the trade to happen at the last minute does 2 things:
  • Increases the value of the #1 pick. If recruiters want to secure Reid they are desperately running out of time, and will be more inclined to pay a premium.
  • If the trade is acceptable, West Coast can make adjustments to their plan before the rest of the competition.

Reid and his manager has been informed the Eagles are taking him, they already made this decision with a meeting whilst they were discussing the offer on the table last week.

Seems like clickbait to me.
People need to remember also that Reid and Long did a Pilates session just a few days ago.

Take that what you will but to me a Pilates session with Noah Long is basically a sign that it's done sealed and delivered. Come on people. Reid is doing Pilate sessions with one of our players.

What more evidence do we need.😂

Element of the club?

What, the janitor?
janitor GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be my pessimism speaking here, but is anyone else worried about the pressure Harley's gonna be under once he comes to our club? Like the talk around him has been insane before he's even been drafted. How can we be sure this won't be a Jack Watts situation?

This might be my pessimism speaking here, but is anyone else worried about the pressure Harley's gonna be under once he comes to our club? Like the talk around him has been insane before he's even been drafted. How can we be sure this won't be a Jack Watts situation?
Don't compare our club to Melbourne. geez.

He will be hidden to a certain extent nationwide as we have virtually no FTA games this year.

He [H.Reid] has been under the spotlight of no.1 pick for over two years now and has had more media attention and pressure than any other draftee in history, yet hasn't skipped a beat this year.

He'll be just fine with the situation I suspect - if anything he appears to enjoy it.

I understand what you’re saying as the hype around Reid has been insane and there’ll be plenty of attention around everything he does once he arrives. Press at the airport, his first training session etc etc

Eventually that will settle though before talk shifts to contract extensions in a year or two

My counter is essentially what Long said in his press conference early this week. Harley has been dealing with the attention all year at a level unprecedented for a draftee and has carried himself exceptionally well

He’ll be fine and I’m sure it’s something the club have discussed with him and his family

The club's been very good in the past at managing expectations internally for young players.

They way Melbourne made Watts out to be the second coming of Jesus was insanity. I was at his debut game and the pre-game hype, as well as when he first came on, from the announcers was off the charts.

Felt bad for the kid, especially when his first action on the footy field was to get gang-banged by 3 Collingwood players.

If we were truly obsessed with curtin we would have taken norths offer that involved pick 2. Huge risk waiting and seeing if he falls to pick 6.

Reid and his manager has been informed the Eagles are taking him, they already made this decision with a meeting whilst they were discussing the offer on the table last week.

Seems like clickbait to me.
You just keep posting things that put a smile on my face.
Having a bad day? Read one of you latest posts 😁😁

You just keep posting things that put a smile on my face.
Having a bad day? Read one of you latest posts 😁😁

My metamorphosis is complete, from the poster who'd make people groan with posts to the poster who makes them smile.

My metamorphosis is complete, from the poster who'd make people groan with posts to the poster who makes them smile.
Your sub title thing is right - you really ARE nice now

Now speak to chief and have some pantskyle badges dished out post haste

It would be worse if he was drafted to a Vic club.

All the Vic-based (and Vic-centric) would want him on regularly for interviews. There is a reason why they were pushing for WCE to trade pick 1.

And no "prime time" games on Thurs/Fri night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back