List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Your sub title thing is right - you really ARE nice now

Now speak to chief and have some pantskyle badges dished out post haste

Chief would you do me the honour of awarding Mop a pantskyle badge. Thanks sir.

What the * is wrong with this ******* club. 3 days left and we haven't known where we sit..

The biggest decision in our club history is going to be made last min on the clock. No plan nothing

On a scale of 1-10 how happy do you think the AFL would be if we revealed we were taking Reid with pick 1? I think we’d be on the edge of losing draft picks territory

The No.1 pick is the centrepiece of the AFL draft but unfortunately for the AFL the identity of this years first pick has been known since this time last year. All they have is speculation on whether that pick might be traded

So we’re told to shut up and keep our decisions to ourselves which is something the club is normally quite adept at

The pros and cons of trading the pick will have well and truly been thrashed out among recruiters with their decision ratified higher up the chain. Probably to board level and I’m sure whilst Pyke has publicly said he’s taking a back seat, he’d have a keen interest in the decision and it’s rationale

That said, any decision around trading the pick will have been made by now which would include parameters on what to accept if a late offer comes in. So there is a plan and a last minute decision only gets made if there’s a last minute offer

I do hope on the day we either lock in reid in the first 1 second of the draft making a huge statement

or

we wait until the last 10 seconds to build suspense.
I reckon you’ll be the happiest MF on BigFooty on Monday afternoon

AFL

@AFL
·
6m

"I think that horse has bolted, I think they're (West Coast) set on Harley."
@nmfcofficial
recruiting manager Will Thursfield joined Gettable Draft Countdown to discuss whether the club will make any more offers for the No.1 pick.

The club's been very good in the past at managing expectations internally for young players.

They way Melbourne made Watts out to be the second coming of Jesus was insanity. I was at his debut game and the pre-game hype, as well as when he first came on, from the announcers was off the charts.

Felt bad for the kid, especially when his first action on the footy field was to get gang-banged by 3 Collingwood players.
Imagine round one at Adelaide oval centre square ginbey Hewett reid vs horn Francis rozzie butters. Bang

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

FWIW

Suggests our F1 to GWS with Hawthorn choosing Watson and Melbourne keen on Windsor

No real sources quoted though so grain of salt areas

West Coast is poised to strike the first live trade of draft night in a move that would deliver the Eagles a Harley Reid-Daniel Curtin dream quinella.
The Eagles have spent weeks fielding offers for their No.1 pick and rights to Reid, but instead of trading it out they are suddenly expected to not only secure Reid but also bring in Curtin with a second selection inside the top 10.

That would deliver the wooden-spooner the best player in the draft in Reid and also the best local player in Curtin.

But it is expected to come at a significant price, with West Coast having to trade out its future first-round pick to secure Curtin on Monday night.

Remarkably, Curtin could slide past Hawthorn (No.4) and Melbourne (No.6).

That would leave Curtin available for Greater Western Sydney at No.7, and that is where the Eagles are expected to make their move.

Should the Eagles offer up their future first-round pick for No.7 it would be a dilemma for the Giants, but ultimately an offer that rivals expect would be impossible to knock back.

The Giants would still hold a first-round pick (No.16) and trading for the Eagles’ future first could potentially deliver them the No.1 pick in next year’s draft.

They are not desperate for a key defender like Curtin, given they already have a brilliant backline led by All-Australian Sam Taylor.

Should the embattled Eagles again finish last next season it would mean that they have effectively traded away the No.1 pick in the 2024 draft for Curtin.

But GWS Giants would also consider whether the Eagles could bounce up the ladder next season with a fitter list and 12 games at Perth Stadium.

Curtin, a 197cm left-footer, is also highly-rated by the Hawks, who need key defenders, and the Demons, who are starting to plan for life after Steven May.

But recruiting sources believe the Hawks have zeroed in on Cyril Rioli-like small forward Nick ‘The Wizard’ Watson for their selection.

That would see Watson partner premiership Pie Jack Ginnivan in the Hawks’ forward line for the next decade.

Rivals suspect the Hawks would be nervous using their early pick on Curtin three years after taking another West Australian defender in Denver Grainger-Barrass with a prized pick with limited success so far.

The Demons have been dazzled by draft bolter Caleb Windsor, a blistering outside midfielder who kicks goals and would immediately help polish the club’s forward connection issues.

The Demons know they would have to pounce on Windsor at No.6 because GWS would otherwise secure him at pick seven.

Geelong like Nate Caddy at pick eight and Essendon is keen on defender Connor O’Sullivan at nine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW

Suggests our F1 to GWS with Hawthorn choosing Watson and Melbourne keen on Windsor

No real sources quoted though so grain of salt areas

As long as we take Reid I’ll cope with this but f**k me I’ll still be pissed if 16 doesn’t come over too. Giants posturing makes me think they want to do a deal but gee I hope Curtin gets to Crows pick.

The club isn't 'obsessed' with Curtin and the Melbourne list manager was just on Gettable saying that this isn't happening.

If we weren’t obsessed with Curtin, we wouldn’t be offering a F1 for him.

Also, the Melbourne recruitment guys said they are holding out hope. Where did he say it wasn’t happening?

Surely F1 + 23 for 7 + 16?
F1 for Curtin alone seems steep, but potentially justified if we rate Curtin as a potential pick #1 in next year's draft which we must to be considering this deal.

As long as we take Reid I’ll cope with this but f**k me I’ll still be pissed if 16 doesn’t come over too. Giants posturing makes me think they want to do a deal but gee I hope Curtin gets to Crows pick.

From the HS article

That would leave Curtin available for Greater Western Sydney at No.7, and that is where the Eagles are expected to make their move.

Should the Eagles offer up their future first-round pick for No.7 it would be a dilemma for the Giants, but ultimately an offer that rivals expect would be impossible to knock back.

The Giants would still hold a first-round pick (No.16) and trading for the Eagles’ future first could potentially deliver them the No.1 pick in next year’s draft.

See when I read that I see Curtin sliding to crows.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

6 Melbourne- Windsor
7 GWS - ????
8 Geelong - Caddy
9 Essendon - O’Sullivan

Only says GWS don’t need a KPD and they have interest in Windsor. Doesn’t say who they take if Windsor is gone to Melbourne

We’d need one of those clubs to take Leake for Curtin to get to Adelaide’s pick who may decide to take him for themselves

If the club is as keen on Curtin as they appear to be, which may or may not have any foundation, then they’ll give our F1 to the first club that bites rather than take the chance he gets to 10

We’re all just guessing

6 Melbourne- Windsor
7 GWS - ????
8 Geelong - Caddy
9 Essendon - O’Sullivan

Only says GWS don’t need a KPD and they have interest in Windsor. Doesn’t say who they take if Windsor is gone to Melbourne

We’d need one of those clubs to take Leake for Curtin to get to Adelaide’s pick who may decide to take him for themselves

If the club is as keen on Curtin as they appear to be, which may or may not have any foundation, then they’ll give our F1 to the first club that bites rather than take the chance he gets to 10

We’re all just guessing

GWS an option for Leake :)

I have been on this board for many years now, probably way too many years if I am honest, but I have been reading your posts and showing some restraint from replying.

By God you post some absolute s**t when assessing prospective players, when looking at draft cohorts.

I am mindful that all posters need to not get personal with their posts and be respectful, but I just wonder if you have ever actually played, or coached the game at any decent level, because you seem to be a fanatical numbers man.

I sort get the feeling that if you were shooting for goal, you would be getting out the protractor, compass and set square to work out your kicking action.

The heat of the battle decision making seems to be lost on you, either that or you don't actually comprehend the nuances of playing the game.

I read your many expansive posts and I scratch my head and think you must be related to, Paul De Podest AKA known as the "Money Ball" man in American Sport.

Good in theory, but as his stint at the Cleveland Browns shows, it reeks of practical failure.

The down fall of analytics is that it has no answer for such actions as a shirtfront a jumper punch or a king hit, or even an out desired one on one contest, how do you measure desire and hunger for the contest or footy IQ.

Not sure what you do for a living, but I suspect its theoretical and not practical in orientation.

Apologise if you find this post offensive, BUT it needs to be pointed out to you that football is more than a game of chess.
Echoed my thoughts perfectly.
Doesn't seem like a bad bloke but I reckon almost every opinion I've heard from him on a player or the game I have disagreed with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back