List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

People at the club can be "on the fence" about the best play if they want but it doesn't suddenly make North's offer adequate. 2, a pick that will end up in the 20s and a 5 place pick upgrade in an fairly even part of the draft would be a very hard selll when you basically ridiculed it to fans.

I think "we should try hard one last time to see what we can shake loose" is probably fair enough but would be pretty astonished if we just took that North deal - would rather Melbourne's or Hawthorn's well reported offers over that.

Club interviewing a few today.

• Archie Roberts is one. No idea who else
  • Club want to trade down but tons of competition makes it hard. Will try within reason but out of our control etc. Alot depends on Gold Coast bids + what happens with Norths picks 17/18 too
  • Club wants a veteran leader for the WAFL B team which is why Lycett is being discussed. No idea who will be plan B after that but would expect we find someone. I dont 100% think they would be on our primary list or rookie list though. We can sign them outside of that to be the captain of it...
  • Edwards was one of the 4 who went to Dubai for the 2 weeks for medical testing etc. Some very basic issues were found which alarmed the board. Type of s**t a doctor in year 1 of sport science would spot. Club is ropable
  • Eagles got the redundancies for the numpties we sacked in the "fitness" dept outside of the salary cap so that is helpful

"Edwards was one of the 4 who went to Dubai for the 2 weeks for medical testing etc. Some very basic issues were found which alarmed the board. Type of s**t a doctor in year 1 of sport science would spot. Club is ropable"

I was waiting for this to finally rear it's head. Change is afoot.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn’t usually expect it from Rhino, but I think the crux is in the detail

A FACTION of the club want to trade it.

Reid and his manager has been informed the Eagles are taking him, they already made this decision with a meeting whilst they were discussing the offer on the table last week.

Seems like clickbait to me.

Sorry lads and ladies. The circus is not over.

Ryan Daniels believes an element of the club believes we should be trading the pick.
I’m not sure how decision making works here, whether using the pick or trading the pick needs board sign off. I presume using the pick is solely down to Pieman and Duane Massey, but the trading element could be contentious as I believe someone on here with credibility claimed picks of a certain value require approval from the hierarchy to be traded.

Element of the club?

What, the janitor?

Wouldn’t usually expect it from Rhino, but I think the crux is in the detail

A FACTION of the club want to trade it.

Well you would hope that there has been some rigorous debate, I see that as good thing.

Complete agreement has its pitfalls, so I am not perturbed by that news.

Besides this news keep the other Clubs guessing.

I don't think it's any surprise that some at the Eagles would have taken the trade on offer, they had a meeting all about it and made a decision.

No need to get worked up about it.
Just await news to see if Naitanui has been diverted back to Perth.

When all Is said and done (after the draft) I want a book on how this whole Reid thing came down.

Im on the belief (complete guess) that we were on the extreme position only.

Either we were 100% dead set on Reid and never going to trade him

Or

We were going to trade him 100% but something big happened.

The idea we were on the middle 50/50 I find hard to take in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's any surprise that some at the Eagles would have taken the trade on offer, they had a meeting all about it and made a decision.

No need to get worked up about it.
Just await news to see if Naitanui has been diverted back to Perth.
Can you share the offer?

Nothing really groundbreaking or worth getting worked up over in the Daniels interview.

He says at the end "it could still happen, North would have to get better than their 2, 15 & 17 offer"

So the same as its been all along, if they offer 2&3 or 2 and F1 we'll probably strongly consider it but they haven't even offered it as yet

the most interesting thing Daniels said was

"im also aware eagles are not being aggresive in that space, they would be open to trading it but they would have to have offers (interrupted by ellis)"

so the narrative that we were going hard at curtin with F1 sounds like it had some mayo on it.

Paywalled.
“Current picks: 1, 23, 37, 58, 73
Barring a very late surprise, Harley Reid will be an Eagle on Monday night. Complicated, multi-club trade proposals have been floated but, as it stands, clubs expect West Coast to keep the first selection and draft the generational talent. If local young gun Daniel Curtin slides past Hawthorn and beyond, though, the Eagles could then find themselves orchestrating a deal to get back into draft and nab the versatile, 197cm prospect. One of the draft’s biggest x-factors – and bolters – Lance Collard is likely to be in the mix if the Eagles keep the first pick of the second night, as will fellow West Australian Aiden O’Driscoll, Tasmanian Arie Schoenmaker and neat-kicking Sandringham playmaker Archie Roberts. But that selection, especially if there is a big slider in the first round, will be a much sought after commodity on Tuesday. The Eagles could be the club to give talented slider Ashton Moir a chance, while NGA prospect Oscar Hine-Baston is a chance land at the club later in the draft.”

O’Driscoll????

the most interesting thing Daniels said was

"im also aware eagles are not being aggresive in that space, they would be open to trading it but they would have to have offers (interrupted by ellis)"

so the narrative that we were going hard at curtin with F1 sounds like it had some mayo on it.

And that GWS is the most likely trade partner if it did happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back