2nds VFL Round 11 - Casey vs Coll - Team & Discussion (The 10th Letter's Player Review p6 #89)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: VFL Round 11 - Casey vs Coll (ABC TV) Sat 1:10pm - Team & Discussion

Certainly finding our depth stretched to the limit at this rate. Could easily cost us at the business end of the season.

Shit, hope he's alright, doesnt look great though. I not only feel for his pain but what might be going through his head right now...Just can't catch a break and would be wondering where to go to from here.

Dick literally did that 10 metres away from me... I took a photo with my phone which I'll post upon getting home, but that really looked bad from my vantage point.

I'm not sure if it was picked up on the telecast as obviously im here, but umpire number 13 Jamie Grindal (former DVFL umpire) told the controlling umpire and the boundary umpire to throw the ball in despite a stretcher being called, and literally both teams (Petterd was one who was very vocal) instantly starting to spray him along with supporters from both teams. How ****ing amateurish is that?

Dick was rolling around basically saying "oh my god" over and over, and when they got his leg somewhat straight he yelled out very loudly. Best case scenario is his knee locked up trying to pick the ball up, worst is he's out for the long haul IMHO.

Separate note but why are Casey fielding a better team than Melbourne?

To be honest I wouldn't call Dick a needed player. We haven't really played him in 2 seasons because of injuries. It's a loss, but only on potential.

And on depth. If required he is a proven capable AFL player.

Separate note but why are Casey fielding a better team than Melbourne?
I noticed this.

Thank god Pettard is unlikely to play on Monday (he is an emergency, so he still could). He killed us in the first game last year, yet they won't play him this time around, just dumb.

Melbourne have at least 6 players in their selected 22 who simply are not as good as he is, let alone a few more running around in the VFL there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, what are Petterd and Dunn doing in the VFL?

Bad luck for Dick with his knee injury, this year he hasn't looked anything like the player he was in previous seasons. Hopefully this isn't the end for him. A positive is that it will give him time to work on his upper body strength, which he couldn't really do when recovering from his shoulder injury.

Brad Dick is the only player in our VFL team today with AFL experience.

Today may well be the last time we have seen Dick play for Collingwood. The guy is simply to injury prone to play AFL. Let's be honest, he was doing nothing before his knee injury. He is another Lee Walker.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he retired off this either, although I think he could still make it if he chose to.

The only player who deserves to be in is Petterd. He's not playing because he had a horrible game against Carlton and obviously didn't do enough last week to get recalled.

The rest of the players there just aren't best 22 at the moment. I know, impressive depth. :thumbsu:

Dunn's where he belongs, he is seriously average. Petterd though is baffling, we should see whether he wants to come and play for a real club next year, one that actually knows how to develop players.

Lol at Melbourne having 'depth' but getting smashed by North Melbourne and the like.

I'll take things that Melbourne don't have for 200, Alex.

Considering your 'best 22' have only scrounged up 4 wins I'm not sure why the fact that none of these guys can crack a gig is supposed to be impressive.

On a positive note, it was probably Jye Bolton's best VFL game of the season for us, and Luke Rounds fought on well despite suffering an ankle injury early in the match.

You would think Rounds is no chance to come in on Monday after that knock to his ankle, and with Dick also gone, Young will be the player on standby if anything untoward happens at our last training session (which I believe is tomorrow morning).

Just to add to the surprise of many about the strength of Melbourne's two's WTF was Garland doing playing for them today? He's clearly best 22 for them and with us having Cloke, Dawes and Brown it just seems weird that he wouldn't have been picked in the ones considering he's only missed 2-3 weeks through injury.

I didn't watch the whole game because that was basically a stand alone VFL team with a sprinkling of kids from our list with all of Cribbin, Stubbs, Thomas, Sinclair, Seedsman and Ugle missing for whatever reason and Fasolo getting the call up.

From what I did see Bolton did some nice things and Rounds was solid as well but they were the only two rookie or senior listed players that stood out for mine. Keefe was solid on Bate however he didn't really put his name up in lights. Of the rest Sundberg, Couch and Eddy were the others that stood out.

For the regular VFL watchers was that a standard game from Farmer? Because he didn't seem out of his depth today compared to the word that's been going around.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds VFL Round 11 - Casey vs Coll - Team & Discussion (The 10th Letter's Player Review p6 #89)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back