Prediction Walking the tightrope - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully GWS belt the Bulldogs this week.

Win all 3 and Geelong lose every one, we are a chance. I recon that's our best bet for the top 4. Then again Port have a sitter of a draw with a higher percentage.

Our draw is easier than Port's. I'd rather play Adelaide in Adelaide than the Dogs in Ballarat. I wouldn't have thought Collingwood would be easy beats for Port either, although Collingwood will be missing Grundy.

I think we'll finish 4th. I reckon Geelong might lose the next three without Duckwood. And I think we'll win all three.

Our draw is easier than Port's. I'd rather play Adelaide in Adelaide than the Dogs in Ballarat. I wouldn't have thought Collingwood would be easy beats for Port either, although Collingwood will be missing Grundy.

I think we'll finish 4th. I reckon Geelong might lose the next three without Duckwood. And I think we'll win all three.

Maybe it's just me but I still don't rate the Dogs that much now Easton Wood is at least out for the rest of the home and away year which complicates things. Think Port beat the Dogs, but I agree on the Pies game, that's their hardest game.

I have us winning all 3 as well. Just a question how many Geelong win. This week is the interesting one. I have them dropping it to the Tigers as well, but I'm wary of Geelong's record against Richmond.

Tough run in for Essendon as they play Adelaide this week. I recon the teams around the 8 are going to have to win all 3. They all have relatively easy runs in.
Beg to differ.
They played well enough on the weekend, Cripps is a big out for a young team. Bolton will keep them going right to the end and they play the SCG well.

Beg to differ.
They played well enough on the weekend, Cripps is a big out for a young team. Bolton will keep them going right to the end and they play the SCG well.

Cripps out means we can lock down on Gibbs. More concerned this week than Carlton

Not convinced on Port against Pies or Dogs

Don't like Cats against GWS and not convinced vs Tigers and even Pies

Dreaming of winning all 3 remaining games and pinching a top 4 spot

Hopefully Pies take some scalps for us.

Can still make top for 4 if we win out.

Richmond are bound to Richmond at some stage. They have Geelong at Skilled, Freo at Domain and they've already lost to them this year, then play Saints at the G and they flogged the Tigers not that long ago and could be playing for 8th spot.

Only need Port to lose one game.

Geelong have a tough run with Tigers, Collingwood who have the Cats number and then GWS.

Even GWS have Dogs in Melbourne, West Coast and Geelong in Melbourne which is not an easy run.

Very possible.

If we do make top 4 that would be just an unbelievable achievement. We'll already be setting a record as no team who started 0 - 5 has made finals and we started 0 - 6. What a turnaround.

Fascinating how that game is going to go they bullied us way back in round 6 feels like a season ago now.
Think it'll end up like Round 23 last year tbh

Not convinced on Port against Pies or Dogs

Don't like Cats against GWS and not convinced vs Tigers and even Pies

Dreaming of winning all 3 remaining games and pinching a top 4 spot

Hopefully Pies take some scalps for us.

The bolded seems unlikely. I watched their game against North Melbourne on the weekend and it was a horribly low level of football. To start with it was comical, but I turned it off midway through the third quarter because it was so poor it was just unwatchable. I can't see them winning again this year.

Carlton have already smashed us this year.

That was during a really bad period where we had lots of injuries and had senior players who were not performing. We were playing like a disinterested bunch. They were also playing well then, they aren't now and we are playing well now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bolded seems unlikely. I watched their game against North Melbourne on the weekend and it was a horribly low level of football. To start with it was comical, but I turned it off midway through the third quarter because it was so poor it was just unwatchable. I can't see them winning again this year.

You are so right about that match. It was the worst game of footy I have seen in a millennium. Dreadful, even worse than the game against grant Thomas' Saints where only about 10 goals were kicked by both them & us. Collingwood match up on some sides well but true class will beat them every time. They have very shallow depth and it shows in the scrappy, low skilled footy they play.

I think it is going to be difficult to make top four. The Cats only have to win one match to retain a top four spot. We need them to lose all three matches to make the top four. I can't see this happening. They play Pies after all. This is how I think it will finish;

1. Crows
2. GWS
3. Tigers
4. Cats
5. Swans
6. Dees
7. Bombers
8. Bulldogs

The Bombers have only one hard game if you discount Freo. I think the Bullies will be lucky to make the top eight but will just sneak in with one win out of their last three. It is a toss up for second and third. The AFL would be praying that Tigers get into second as that would mean a final at the G not at Spotless where the revenue would be minimal. Mind you GWS will play a final at Spotless anyway but I'm sure the AFL would be hoping only one final is played there. ANZ is not an option as it is now configured for the round ball game & the Bum sniffers.

That was during a really bad period where we had lots of injuries and had senior players who were not performing. We were playing like a disinterested bunch. They were also playing well then, they aren't now and we are playing well now.

There is no excuse for losing to Carlton.

It's like the seniors losing to the NEAFL side.

There is no excuse for losing to Carlton.

It's like the seniors losing to the NEAFL side.

The team we had out that day would of struggled to beat a AFL side.

Average age - 24y 4months
less than 50 games 11 players
Average games experience 82.7

It featured James Rose, Brandon Jack, Daniel Robinson and Jeremy Laidler, Reid and Sinclair were our 2 rucks.

The team we had out that day would of struggled to beat a AFL side.

Average age - 24y 4months
less than 50 games 11 players
Average games experience 82.7

It featured James Rose, Brandon Jack, Daniel Robinson and Jeremy Laidler, Reid and Sinclair were our 2 rucks.

It also featured Lance Franklin, JPK, Heeney, Parker, Hannebery & Mills.

Sure did not much more than that tho.
Yeah the defence was reduced to just Lloyd, Mills, Grundy, Melican, Smith, Newman and Jones. IE our entire 1st choice defence minus Rampe.

Sinclair was playing, who is apparently our best ruckman. The midfield was playing, plus Parker and Hannebery and Heeney and Cunningham and Hewett.

The forward line had Franklin, Reid, Papley, and Hayward - all of our top 4 goalscorers for the year. And our #5 goalscorer, Rohan, played more than half the match.

Yeah the defence was reduced to just Lloyd, Mills, Grundy, Melican, Smith, Newman and Jones. IE our entire 1st choice defence minus Rampe.

Sinclair was playing, who is apparently our best ruckman. The midfield was playing, plus Parker and Hannebery and Heeney and Cunningham and Hewett.

The forward line had Franklin, Reid, Papley, and Hayward - all of our top 4 goalscorers for the year. And our #5 goalscorer, Rohan, played more than half the match.

You have this habit of letting facts get in the way of a really good fiction! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back