Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t say the wheels are falling off, 17 other teams would want to trade places with us right now.

Having said that we are in a slump, the midfield isn’t as effective as earlier in the year.

Amartey, McLean, McDonald only one of them seem to be in form in any given week up forward.

Mills in and Heeney forward could be a move to refresh the midfield a bit.
On the bright side, this is probably the best time of the year to have a form slump. And I do hope it somewhat training load related.

True - I reckon the dynamic has changed - quickly- the ‘fast boys’ aren’t as hard as Parker and Mills - I see room for both now.

Interesting times , both probably play VFL first. I'd want to see Parker show he can keep up and Mills show he is fit .

Risky to put both in, but time will tell.

Mills getting down back late instead of Mcdonald would be good

Cats.
My pick at the start of the year.
Hawkins was a liability & so was Stanley. Rejigged that & they are hard to beat.
Can’t stand Scott but he is the best coach at taking away an oppositions ability to do what they want to do in a game.

Cats are junk

they beat the young Hawks at home and the pretender Dons

They aren't terrible but they aren't a threat let alone the best.

The wording "initiate head contact" in one on one contests. I would argue that Heeney did not. The other player had his head low and had a duty of care to protect himself. How Heeney's actions could be considered as intentional head contact when his arms/hands were low AND his eyes were forward could in anyway be construed to be "intentional". He was not even looking at the player and his arms/hands were not head high.
You can argue what you like - he’s in a big net the AFL has created to limit the jumper punch BS that went on 5 years ago.

I know he was trying to clear an illegal hold - thats why he SHOULD get off.

But don’t pretend the rule isn’t there.

Amartey was a god a few weeks ago now we want him dropped ?

Be surprised if it happens , given how they have managed the three talls through the ups and downs .

unless he rushes Mills back probably won't see a change. Adams will start though
Delivery was crap. Amartey has deficiencies, but we need him.

Delivery was crap. Amartey has deficiencies, but we need him.

Well he is leading the goal kicking and he is getting opportunities. I know that sounds like excuses , but he just needs to kick straighter not get the arse and ruin his confidence for a risk.

Interesting times , both probably play VFL first. I'd want to see Parker show he can keep up and Mills show he is fit .

Risky to put both in, but time will tell.

Mills getting down back late instead of Mcdonald would be good
Yes, I think we were a little ‘lost’ on the defensive wing in the last 10.

And I reckon Rowbottom needed a chop out in the middle.

Neither Parker or Mills are ‘cooked’ - tjey could be the difference on GF day.

You can argue what you like - he’s in a big net the AFL has created to limit the jumper punch BS that went on 5 years ago.

I know he was trying to clear an illegal hold - thats why he SHOULD get off.

But don’t pretend the rule isn’t there.
I am not pretending any rule is not there.
What I am saying is that he did not "initiate head contact". Intentionally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I think we were a little ‘lost’ on the defensive wing in the last 10.

And I reckon Rowbottom needed a chop out in the middle.

Neither Parker or Mills are ‘cooked’ - tjey could be the difference on GF day.

They could be, Parker never has been the difference on grand final day and at 33 seems unlikely to change imo, but who knows . He should be hungry , i'll back the clubs selection.

Mills has to get back in, the timing of it will be interesting .

But I agree both at least are options and we need to work out the best side to win

My four things

1. Stop opposition momentum
2. Pinch the tight games
3. Rest players (Reward 2s performance)
4. Forward pressure

The slow starts don't bother me so much. It's a marathon, not a sprint, but we need to be able to put on bursts of pressure on demand to halt teams' momentum.

Tackles inside 50 is usually a good indicator of forward pressure. Sydney 4. StKilda 11. That's not good enough
That’s particularly damining given that we kicked a lot of behinds and we had more entries

They could be, Parker never has been the difference on grand final day and at 33 seems unlikely to change imo, but who knows . He should be hungry , i'll back the clubs selection.

Mills has to get back in, the timing of it will be interesting .

But I agree both at least are options and we need to work out the best side to win
If I saw a defensive ‘fart’ in Heeney or Warners body, I’d say Parker was redundant - but I reckon today was a lesson. 🤷🏻

If I saw a defensive ‘fart’ in Heeney or Warners body, I’d say Parker was redundant - but I reckon today was a lesson. 🤷🏻

Heeneys willing to do the work.

Not sure Warner made a case today nor Gulden

Well he is leading the goal kicking and he is getting opportunities. I know that sounds like excuses , but he just needs to kick straighter not get the arse and ruin his confidence for a risk.
The shot he had in the second had the worst ball drop I’ve ever seen from a person over 14. He literally dropped it and he connected with the ball east west rather than north south.

Just thinking, Max King being out really hurt us

But the rule says he did…..regardless of reality.

It’s completely unreasonable - but it’s their game. 😉
If what you are saying is true and will result in players immediately going to the tribunal for incidental head contact then that just opens a pandoras box of countless incidents in every game where head contact is routine. I doubt that is the intention of the rule. If so. Its tippy rules. Not Aussie Rules.

Heeney is generally pretty good defensively…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back