Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

A final comment on this round. IMO, that game jumper design just looked totally effeminate, with it's pretty rainbow edging. It looked like the boys were off to Mardi Gras in the sort of thing Barbie might dress Ken in, to celebrate having him neutered.

Inclusive sure, that I'm all for. How manly our players look is psychologically important. In essence, men's footy represents a stylised form of battle, a physical game of strength, speed, skill, endurance, strategy and courage. In essence it represents a stylised form of battle. We praise players who soldier on, blood stained bandages around their heads, telling our opposition we are tougher, harder, more willing to endure. We can hardly intimidate while dressed in rainbow frills. How about sequins?
FFS.

I dipped into the Swans board for the first time in months (years maybe) and this was the first thread I clicked on and randomly chose this page of the thread to start on. Byeeeee.

FFS.

I dipped into the Swans board for the first time in months (years maybe) and this was the first thread I clicked on and randomly chose this page of the thread to start on. Byeeeee.
So, you haven't seen my work in the gameday threads then? :(

To many focused on a single individual or individuals you should rarely lose being 30 points up especially against a team that had 5 wins.
when the inside 50 snd shots on goal are well in your favour the ability to convert makes it more focused on those responsible for finishing off

Had a mate message and say he knows a guy who reckons the training loads are up and that's why we are coasting , trying to peak for finals.

I think it's probably complete garbage but I also want to wrap myself up and take comfort in it

Had a mate message and say he knows a guy who reckons the training loads are up and that's why we are coasting , trying to peak for finals.

I think it's probably complete garbage but I also want to wrap myself up and take comfort in it
Sure maybe, but if you drop 2-3 games you should win, then hit a tough run into finals, you risk ending up losing a home qualifying final and possibly even Top 4.

Sure maybe, but if you drop 2-3 games you should win, then hit a tough run into finals, you risk ending up losing a home qualifying final and possibly even Top 4.

Like i said just sharing the bullshit 😂

The club is literally crying out for another medium tall forward who can mark the ball because its Hayward and then no one. Like our best ones outside of Hayward are our midfielders and no one wants to move Heeney or Warner out of the midfield because we loose the speed in the midfield.
Collingwood won the GF last year with a makeshift forward set up especially after McStay went down. This forward line although containing 3 big blokes who are far from stars is more than adequate. Hayward needs more consistency rather than another bloke his size and Papley and Wicks need to pull their finger out and get where the ball is spilling. Name one team who has the perfect scenario of 2 key forwards, 2 medium mobile marking forwards and 2 small goal kicking pressure act forwards. Never the perfect storm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood won the GF last year with a makeshift forward set up especially after McStay went down. This forward line although containing 3 big blokes who are far from stars is more than adequate. Hayward needs more consistency rather than another bloke his size and Papley and Wicks need to pull their finger out and get where the ball is spilling. Name one team who has the perfect scenario of 2 key forwards, 2 medium mobile marking forwards and 2 small goal kicking pressure act forwards. Never the perfect storm.
Its more so that we don't have anyone behind Hayward putting pressure on him or if he gets injured can come in and play his role. Our forward line across the whole club is basically talls and then a gap of about 10cms down to small pressure forwards so we need to draft to fill that gap.

Does that seriously still happen though?
It could be possible no doubt but usually deflection of what I have heard over the years. They build their base pre season and gradually improve it as the year goes on by fitness gurus and their programs. The days of Carlton's 100x 100 mtr sprints are long gone mate.

Its more so that we don't have anyone behind Hayward putting pressure on him or if he gets injured can come in and play his role. Our forward line across the whole club is basically talls and then a gap of about 10cms down to small pressure forwards so we need to draft to fill that gap.
Don't disagree with that.

Don't disagree with that.
My point in one photo is shown perfectly, so unless we move Warner/Heeney/Fox into the forward line as a marking forward then we have noone and lets be real Fox isn't going to be around much longer and Warner & Heeney need to be on ball. So we should be going to the draft

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 3.42.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 3.42.15 PM.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 8
A final comment on this round. IMO, that game jumper design just looked totally effeminate, with it's pretty rainbow edging. It looked like the boys were off to Mardi Gras in the sort of thing Barbie might dress Ken in, to celebrate having him neutered.

Inclusive sure, that I'm all for. How manly our players look is psychologically important. In essence, men's footy represents a stylised form of battle, a physical game of strength, speed, skill, endurance, strategy and courage. In essence it represents a stylised form of battle. We praise players who soldier on, blood stained bandages around their heads, telling our opposition we are tougher, harder, more willing to endure. We can hardly intimidate while dressed in rainbow frills. How about sequins?
If I'm using your logic RD wouldn't a bunch of homosexual men be eager and willing to rip in, pressure and wrestle a bunch of other sweaty men for the sake of the team?

Equally, if the boys were off to Mardi Gras, which you can argue is a grand stage for gay culture, wouldn't our boys have also relished performing in front of a crowd when converting their opportunities in front of goal?

Mods please excuse me as I'm trying to make a point not dissent into bigotry.

The 3rd most galling thing (after the loss & the jumpers)?

That some of our senior players got towelled up by a couple of 19 year olds (Phillipou & Shoenmakers).

4th?

That nobody seemed interested in going anywhere near Liam Henry. For the whole damn game.

I need a Bex and a good lie down.
a cup of tea...

Problem with losses like this is not so much the actual L is that it makes the Brisbane/Pies/Dogs games now much more important than they should of been.
Definitely agree, but if we don't win 2/3 of those games I'm not sure how much luck we'll have come finals.

A genuine premiership contender would/should win at least 2/3 games against other potential contenders and shouldn't hold any fear against their opposition. The moment a team starts wanting to avoid a particular opponent. They've already lost the psychological battle.

Not saying the club are saying it, just saying a premiership backs themselves against any opponent.

In 95 Carlton lost 2 games to bottom sides , us and St Scum , better now than in September
The pleasing thing is that it's all down to pressure. If our pressure was even a fraction better in all three games we've lost, we win all three of them and we're currently talking about our form slump whilst being 16-0 and five games clear on top of the ladder.

Meaning no disrespect to the three opponents who have beaten us (by playing well), we've been our own worst enemy in those games. So I'm still yet to see any evidence that we aren't the best team in it by a significant margin.

The worry is we've blown three incredibly winnable games now and have three of the toughest (Lions, Port and Bombers) still to come.

There may be some truth in it.
Plus this is the cold time of the year.
Comfort that we are games clear.
Motivation in the cold.
These are all real psychological factors.
I'm glad it is happening now.

Good news.
Mills could be back.
Parker could be back.
Sheldrick could be back.
I don't think complacency in the mids will be a problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back