AFL Toast Win Against Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I only watched the last 15 minutes on replay but would be interesting if our forward line is better balanced without Wright - Harry has a motor so can close down space and provide more defense.

Jones’s career written off a week ago then goes on to play his best ever game
I dunno. People forget the game he played vs the Hawks in Launceston. I was convinced after that game. He had that bad miss where he covered his face. But he killed it.

Have been one of Parish’s biggest critics but he worked hard today on the defensive side of things, I love to see it.

Oh my goodness no, he was 20-30m off his player all day.

My goodness, he was bad.

I dunno. People forget the game he played vs the Hawks in Launceston. I was convinced after that game. He had that bad miss where he covered his face. But he killed it.
He's great in the air, he also seems to like cutting across a pack. Think with draper resting forward the long bombs into the 50 would suit him as opposed to trying to work in tandem with Peter's long leads.

Jones reminded me of Justin Westhoff today. Has such a good ceiling, here's hoping he starts to reach it consistently.

He's great in the air, he also seems to like cutting across a pack. Think with draper resting forward the long bombs into the 50 would suit him as opposed to trying to work in tandem with Peter's long leads.

That is a very good observation

Oh my goodness no, he was 20-30m off his player all day.

My goodness, he was bad.
Sorry what? There were a couple of times he wasn’t where he should be but for the most part he was far improved. He was definitely not 20-30m off his player all day. Players don’t even have players they’re assigned to for the most part anyway.

Really surprised with so many positive posts, felt that we barely scraped through against a toothless saints. The skill errors were so glaring, luckily the saints couldn't kick straight or it would have been a different story. The press was getting absolutely destroyed early on, they were cutting through our zone and shrugging takcles with absolute ease. In the end it worked when all the players were tired and we got some clutch goals.. No point having a player get 40+ touches when our backline is getting chopped up. As much as I like Martin I feel this new role is taking away from what Redman offers and exposes heppell even more. I should try be more positive seeing as we had a win, but far out that was a horrible display of football.
Whilst I don’t disagree with everyone you’ve said. We could’ve been better tonight yet we still scrapped it out against a team probably expected to finish above us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry what? There were a couple of times he wasn’t where he should be but for the most part he was far improved. He was definitely not 20-30m off his player all day. Players don’t even have players they’re assigned to for the most part anyway.
If you watched it from up high - he had no opponent for 3/4 of the game.

He was off it royally today.

Went to the game, always good to see the stuff you don’t pick up on tv.

Far out we take up some aggressive positions defensively. I’m an old school back shoulder, arm across guy….there’s none of that. Think the issue for back 6 is that Hep and Lav can’t close space so it leaves us exploitable at times. Will work better with Ridley and Reid.

Langford and Stringer need to be the focus of our forward line. They are 50 goal plus forwards and very, very hard to contain if they get deep, 1:1 isolations. Play 1 ruck (Draper), Wright and Jones working high and providing down the line marking and let Langford and Stringer get to work inside 50. 2MP to spell Draper. This maximises the strengths of the group - 2MP especially will benefit from not being the focal point of our inside 50 entries.

Thought fair comments from Ross Lyon after the game, even mentioned we were missing a couple plus Setterfield loss. Terrific win after a poor start …the manner of the win very pleasing with the forward pressure and superb midfield which has been good in all three games. Jones and Duursma performances really encouraging

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast Win Against Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back