Worst ever bulldog player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dog 36 said:
Here is an impressive list not in any order

David Allday, Alister Ford, Mark & Shane Williams, Shannon Corcoran, John Cuzzupe, Shane Ellen, Phil Cronan, Chris Hansen, Sedat Sir.

And the winner is David Allday.

Corcoran??? I love the man

And I have to agree with the Mark Cullen mentions. He dominated the magoos but was horrible in the seniors. Hugh Reimers was pretty bad, David Round managed to play seniors which still astonishes me. Paul Dooley was in the Mark Cullen boat, great magoos horrible seniors. And then of course the Wigginator (he has nominated for the PSD, he could have got 1 and a half slabs with that 50 bucks)

Thank christ lists are no longer 52. If the current list were 52 I hazrad to guess how many would be in this list

Terry DeKonnin was my PE teacher back in High School. Quite possibly the most arrogant man alive.

Hardest question ever on this board. Off the top of my head and apologies to anyone I have left out.

1. MARK CULLEN
2. TERRY DEKONNING
3. BRAD NICHOLSON
4. SEDAT SIR
5. ALLEN JACKOVICH

A Jakovich is a standout for me.

Hugh Reimers broke his leg in preseason and didn't get to play a game.
S Corcoran was not all that bad nor Scott Allen

S Loveless 72 goals in 28 games inc one against Sth Melb where he had a day out and took one handed marks and kicked a bag.

Laclan Veal
Peter Street
Sam Power
Jordan Mc Mahon
Ryan Hargraves
Nick Bruton
Mat Byrachevski
Robert Fox
Daryl Collins
John Reid
Glen Scanlon
Robert Amoss
Stephen Lun
Floppers Merington
Tim Gepp
Bryan Edwards
Darren Brown
Craig Sommerville

I gotta stop I am feeling suicidal.

Fossie 32 said:
A Jakovich is a standout for me.

S Loveless 72 goals in 28 games inc one against Sth Melb where he had a day out and took one handed marks and kicked a bag.

I played on Loveless for a quarter last season when he made his comeback for Heyfield. The bloke is a man mountain. He must have been 45 years of age, about 6 foot 5 and weighed anywhere between 120 and 140 kilograms. He didn't go outside 15-20 metres of the goalsquare. I think we held him to 8 for the day which i thought was a reasonable effort as we were defecating ourselves hoping we didn't have to get in his way on the lead.

stmookeyj said:
What about Christin Macri, Lincoln Reynolds, Scott Taylor, Adam Contessa, Brad Fuller, Neil Peart, Peter Quill???

I thought Adam Contessa was tough as nails so I think you're being a bit harsh there. I guess he was small & kinda slow though.

Cheers - Pete

wedesweiler said:
I thought Adam Contessa was tough as nails so I think you're being a bit harsh there. I guess he was small & kinda slow though.

Cheers - Pete

Agreed - and equally as harsh on Peter Quill who gave the Bulldogs some value during his time despite his limited ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pumpter said:
Agreed - and equally as harsh on Peter Quill who gave the Bulldogs some value during his time despite his limited ability.

He did give good value, but has there ever been anyone who has kicked the ball out of bounds on the full more times then him ?

I don't think your can put Jakovich on the list even though he was ********e for us. Just remember in one season at melb

70 goals in reserves (Darren Bennett had FF)

70 goals in seniors (When finally replaced DB)

So 140 in 22 games.

Not too many players have done that in recent years. Pity his talents were only on display for a few years, yet he had something only a few such as Ablett have had and that is feakish ability. 13 goals against Mick Martyn come to mind.

LondonBulldog said:
I don't think your can put Jakovich on the list even though he was ********e for us. Just remember in one season at melb

70 goals in reserves (Darren Bennett had FF)

70 goals in seniors (When finally replaced DB)

So 140 in 22 games.

Not too many players have done that in recent years. Pity his talents were only on display for a few years, yet he had something only a few such as Ablett have had and that is feakish ability. 13 goals against Mick Martyn come to mind.

Holds the record for the player to his first 100 goals in the least amount of games.

SHCP said:
He did give good value, but has there ever been anyone who has kicked the ball out of bounds on the full more times then him ?
Quill was a very poor defender, who gift-wrapped the opposition at least 2 goals a game with shocking mistakes. I wanted to run out on the ground and kill him after he kicked across goal straight to Ben Allen, who had a shot for goal after the siren for Freo at the kennel in 1995. Luckily for him, Allan's knees were shot and his kick ended up about 5 metres short.

Sedat really was a nightmare. I know many punters on this site remember that infamous match at the WACA in 1998 when he was outmarked in the goal square by Chad Morrison. Totally inept.

The Royce Hart years were packed with very ordinary players. Yes, I agree that Terry DeKonning and Mark Komp were not great key position pillars to build a successful side around. Also thought Bill Berry was probably the slowest, lumbering ruckman the game has ever seen. Gary Walpole wasn't much chop either, although he did kick the sealer against Melbourne one day at the kennel to save us from another spoon.

One guy who was also pretty useless was Brenton Vilcens. He must have gone to the Bill Berry school of athletics.

Knackers said:
Easy question to answer with quite a few standouts:

1. Mark Cullen - For consistently producing crap and yet still getting picked each week because he could run. Most supporters believed he should keep running out of the ground and out of the club.

2. Terry DeKonning - For just being a big bloke who was inept at just about everything.

3. Mark Komp - Basically this bloke could not kick and had the weirdest kicking style. Have no idea how he actually got games, but I guess it shows how bad we were in the early 80s.

4. Robert Groenewagon - Useless would be an understatement, in fact the only thing he did was allow Hawkins to re-sign with the club, as long as we kept Gronner on the list.

5. John Riley - Recruited as the great white saviour, proved to be the crappiest player to ever come out of SA. Thankfully he didn't play many games which saves him from being the worst player for us.

Good choice on the players, Mark Cullen is definitely No 1 in the crap stakes, but don't forget the Taylor brothers of the 80's (John and Andrew) and Graeme Cordy.

Brad Nicholson ( oh my god i might get tackled, quick to the boundary line.)
Alan Thorpe ( where do i start)
Daniel Hargraves (couldn't give two hoots)
Ryan Hargraves ( doesn't posses a football attribute)
Mark Cullen (Didn't quite understand that in footy you can actually use your feet and hands)

dogupya said:
Peter Street
Mark Cullen
Brad Nicholson
Alan Thorpe
Daniel Hargraves
Ryan Hargraves

Some of the names people are throwing around are OFF..... there is no way Hargy is anywhere near our worst player - nor Thorpe or Nicholson.

Spiritof82 said:
Good choice on the players, Mark Cullen is definitely No 1 in the crap stakes, but don't forget the Taylor brothers of the 80's (John and Andrew) and Graeme Cordy.

Yeah Mark Cullen would just about be my pick also!

Graeme Cordy took one of the best marks I've ever seen at the lakeside oval during an Army Reserve Cup match years ago...

I don't like these type of threads but I reckon Daniel Hargreaves deserves a mention.

I am the ghost of the worst player ever to wear red,white and blue but its a marginal kind of thing.
De Konning,Cullen,Stephen Lunn and Paul Gow would all have something to say about it.
As a kid I remember seeing a full back called Les Bartlett. It was through watching him at a tender impressionable age that I became the tormented ,jaded and cynical supporter I am today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst ever bulldog player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back