Review Cats keep season alive with 12 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to Stewart's determination. Port were sensationally fast, they are good, and after those few goals in as many minutes I thought we were gonski. He can't do it alone, and early our other defenders were outplayed, a mess. But the look on Stewart's face, full on gritty face and physical attack, would not give up, a perfect example for kids to keep going, and come out on top.

We're really missing Bews, I have to say. Nobody covers the sort of players he covers. Bews in tonight and Rioli would have gone missing like his sample for WADA.
Bews looked in VFL like he needed more time. He barely got through a half. Hopefully he has put in a further training block and will at least be an option for next week against mobile forward line

Bews looked in VFL like he needed more time. He barely got through a half. Hopefully he has put in a further training block and will at least be an option for next week against mobile forward line

Yep - I should have said "a fit and firing" Bews.

Still in with a sniff...

Sniff Sniff Sniff.

No, I'm not sniffing my girlfriend's pantees. I'm sniffing another flag from a distance. LOL

If he was still at Collingwood they'd probably be playing him in the 2s behind Ash Johnson

Hrmm, I dunno about that. If Henry was all in on the Collingwood train I reckon they'd have played him more. Johnson's return this year has been good, but Henry's has been better

Holmes is a real concern, he looks to have gone backwards same with SDK, both are offering nothing at the moment. Sav should play for the rest of the year and i never thought i would say that, he was probably our best in the first half.

I’m not overally concerned about either of them

Over the second half of last season Holmes was the #1 ranked wing across the comp, and he’s looked at his best this year when we’ve left him out on the wing to do his thing, use his speed and have that little bit more freedom to his game. But due to the situation in which we’ve found ourselves this season, especially with injuries there’s times where he’s having to play more an inside role & attending more centre bounces than both parties would probably like, as we don’t get to use the most dangerous aspects of his game. Get players back next year, especially those who are more suited as inside players which then allows us to play Holmes on the wing, and lets see how he goes

Let’s see what 2024 brings for them

Port board going nuts about the clearest free kick of the game :$
I just went and had a look... some of them have lost the plot. Corrupt umpires, Ken's gotta go, players are shit, etc, etc... completely out of proportion meltdown for a side that is sitting so high on the ladder I would've thought...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just went and had a look... some of them have lost the plot. Corrupt umpires, Ken's gotta go, players are s**t, etc, etc... completely out of proportion meltdown for a side that is sitting so high on the ladder I would've thought...
Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I think they probably know they peaked early and it's going to be a quick exit come September :)

Hard earned win for much hard work
Some of the old stars are slowing
Some of the kittens still learnings
Few players have stepped up a level
A few have slipped back or paused.
Far from top form but improving
New additions are starting to jell
A future without Tommy: Not so bleak
The batten is being passed smoothly.
My dreams have become modest
Restricted to one week at a time
Potential payback to Pies a possibility

cat dreaming magpie 12.jpg

Re: Henry’s injury, is it the other foot or the same foot as earlier this year?

Scott in his press conference said that Jack had his foot stood on and that it’s the other side to the issue earlier this year, while Krock post match reported they were advised it was his big toe or that area causing problems - so I’m slightly confused if he means the other foot or just a different part of the previously injured foot, like the earlier injury was little toe side but this is big toe side

Re: Henry’s injury, is it the other foot or the same foot as earlier this year?

Scott in his press conference said that Jack had his foot stood on and that it’s the other side to the issue earlier this year, while Krock post match reported they were advised it was his big toe or that area causing problems - so I’m slightly confused if he means the other foot or just a different part of the previously injured foot, like the earlier injury was little toe side but this is big toe side

I got the impression he meant the other foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back