Review Cats keep season alive with 12 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grinding win vs some very skilled port set up.

Sat near the most bais cats fans that it was like sitting near K rock cat supporters 🤣.
Had a huge fat arse in my face and the most screaming lady was like nails down a call board ...🤣.

And also best port ..

Stewart had 3 possessions and 4 clangers at quarter time. Ended the game with 23 possessions and 5 clangers. Was massive in the last three quarters, especially in the 2nd half when Port were really pressing.
FFS, Port kicked 13 behinds. Nearly all
of them were one of Stewart’s 23 possessions.

Good grinding win vs some very skilled port set up.

Sat near the most bais cats fans that it was like sitting near K rock cat supporters 🤣.
Had a huge fat arse in my face and the most screaming lady was like nails down a call board ...🤣.

And also best port ..
I think we sat near her last week.

Did the AFL really put those Love Cats emojis on the stats sheets? :laughv1:
Ummm. . .

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Stewart had 3 possessions and 4 clangers at quarter time. Ended the game with 23 possessions and 5 clangers. Was massive in the last three quarters, especially in the 2nd half when Port were really pressing.
End of the game he ended up with 91.3% disposal efficiency. He stepped up massively. Had he played like that last week, we beat Freo.

I think we sat near her last week.

Come on Geelong ...ahhhhhhhh at loud super high pitch.
That's bull shiteeeeeettttt.
Hurry up.....ahhhhhh.

Was that her ....in her oshie.
Very scaring looking ....too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stewart's first half was terrible/awful...but his second half was much better ..
Correct. Can’t stand people judging his game by possessions though. His positive contributions in the second half were defensive efforts that didn’t appear on the stats sheet.

Come on Geelong ...ahhhhhhhh at loud super high pitch.
That's bull shiteeeeeettttt.
Hurry up.....ahhhhhh.

Was that her ....in her oshie.
Very scaring looking ....too.
Oshie 😹😹😹
A GFC one I hope 😉

Correct. Can’t stand people judging his game by possessions though. His positive contributions in the second half were defensive efforts that didn’t appear on the stats sheet.

Indeed.
And likewise his poor efforts in the first quarter weren't stats either.
Hence why I genuinely HATE people who look entirely at stats to form opinion on players (Rohan is a great example).

Wow, what a gutsy win. Port had us on the ropes and I thought we were going to get blown away.

If you wanted to advertise Aussie Rules to an overseas audience, a game like that would be a good one to show them. Two teams with pretty distinct game styles, high skill levels all round, both sides playing gutsy football right to the end but with good sportsmanship and no malice.

GGryan* Miers, what more can you say? Best on ground by a mile, two goals and five assists.

Stewart, after five of the most wretched quarters I've ever seen him play, really turned it around after 1/4 time. Even the TV commentators, thick as they are, picked up on it.

Even Isaac Smith was seen putting his body on the line. More than once.

I thought Ratugolea was among our best. When Port were on top in the 2nd and 3rd quarters he saved our hide numerous times with his big intercept marks. Seemed useful at ground level too.

Parfitt when he came on was lively. We ended up unpicking Port by drawing them into the contest, holding on to it to tempt them in more, and then squirming it out the back. It worked a treat in the last quarter and I thought Parfitt's ability to keep possession in close and not turn it over was crucial. Five score involvements from his eight touches tells the story.

Another board whipping boy, Mark O'Connor, I don't recall making a mistake all night except a really soft free kick against early on. I thought they'd use him to tag either Butters or Rozee but he was fine down back.

I see the Port fans are whining about the umpires. Because of course a 30-20 count our way is evidence of corruption and cheating (though isn't it strange when we're on the wrong end of a lopsided free kick count, as we so often are, nobody ever says that). Actually I thought a lot of the frees Port conceded were of the "making him earn it" variety.

Danger's last quarter was a matchwinner.

*the extra G stands for goal assist

Some of Atkins efforts against bigger, faster and stronger opponents were absolutely brilliant.

I don’t think there has been many players who have got more out their ability or tried harder than Tommy Atkins.

What a little warrior. Proud to wear the jumper.
Would have been a good choice for captain i reckon.

We've offered Esava a 4 year deal right?

Does he also come with the ability to get away with the most blatants push in the back?

LOL, but also - 4 year deal? He's gone, surely.

Scotty just said Jack Henry's foot thing is the other foot, but not thought to be serious

If Gryan could repeat that next week, add a few more goals + top the Disposals, in a Geelong win, we’d be very happy

Would love to see Ollie Henry pop up with at least 4 snags next week too to stick it up the Pies fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back