Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

Good again, solid. All we need from him most games IMO. FWIW I agree he will be sole captain next year if he plays out at a similar level. I think Sheezel and a couple of others are ready even now but we won't do that and I'm pretty comfortable with that stance.

How about we keep it simple and just enjoy the win.
I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I expect the captain of the side to perform to an extremely high level and not make similar mistakes over and over again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay, and although I love Simpkin, he needed to kick that goal in the second. It went straight up the other end and Anderson kicks one.
It reminded me of the match against Freo. Leaders need to kick those.
Souva missed a simalar one as well. I agree its still frustrating but i reckon he was pretty good especially early. His leadership is pretty decent atm.

Move him to half forward next week.
He wants to be the man but he isnt.
LDU is. Harry is. Wardlaw is. McKercher is. Powell even is.
Jy isnt.

Not taking the first option, then trying to fend off, then getting done holding the ball.
His game is B-grade level and this group is going to achieve greater success than that.

Kingy is right. The senior boys let the young guns down more often that not. We got out of jail today. We didn't against the Pies and Demons.
More than happy for him to continue as a role player but his teammates are going past him.

Jy isnt.

Not taking the first option, then trying to fend off, then getting done holding the ball.
His game is B-grade level and this group is going to achieve greater success than that.

Kingy is right. The senior boys let the young guns down more often that not. We got out of jail today. We didn't against the Pies and Demons.
More than happy for him to continue as a role player but his teammates are going past him.
So you suggest that the captain of the club should not TRY and take on the game TRY to lead by example He might stuff up a few things but at least his having a 100% crack. No point hiding him on a HFF at all. We are never going to get anywhere if ALL players arnt willing to take the game on that includes the b and c ones. The A graders have been making plenty of mistakes this year as well You say this group is going to achieve greater success than that well not without the B and C graders having a big say in it they wont.

Yeah should’ve kicked the goal but overall his game was great and we got the win.

A few weeks ago he did kick the goal, overall his game was great and we got the win.

Keep it going captain.

Jy isnt.

I really don’t understand the thoughts of this post

Were Pie fans running around the past two years posting that Pendles is being surpassed by Daicos?

I think the biggest learning the past five years is to hold onto the 26 year olds with 150 games of experience to compliment the Juniors

To be that makes for a winning team that is contention for Finals and beyond?

I really don’t understand the thoughts of this post

Were Pie fans running around the past two years posting that Pendles is being surpassed by Daicos?

I think the biggest learning the past five years is to hold onto the 26 year olds with 150 games of experience to compliment the Juniors

To be that makes for a winning team that is contention for Finals and beyond?
100% mate.

When Simpkin, Larkey etc don't need to be your best players team will be absolutely laughing. I reckon Cam is finally now getting to a similar position - he doesn't need to be a match winner now and ironically that's what will allow him to be one more often.

Yeah should’ve kicked the goal but overall his game was great and we got the win.

A few weeks ago he did kick the goal, overall his game was great and we got the win.

Keep it going captain.
The ONLY part of Simpkins game that needs improvement is taking that 1st option 100% of the time.

3 frees against yesterday, and I'd wager all were HTB when he bit off more than he can chew. It's such a drain on momentum.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The ONLY part of Simpkins game that needs improvement is taking that 1st option 100% of the time.

3 frees against yesterday, and I'd wager all were HTB when he bit off more than he can chew. It's such a drain on momentum.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ambition outweighs his ability at times.

Keep it simple.

So you suggest that the captain of the club should not TRY and take on the game TRY to lead by example He might stuff up a few things but at least his having a 100% crack. No point hiding him on a HFF at all. We are never going to get anywhere if ALL players arnt willing to take the game on that includes the b and c ones. The A graders have been making plenty of mistakes this year as well You say this group is going to achieve greater success than that well not without the B and C graders having a big say in it they wont.
Play within your limits. Thats leading by example.
Not trying to do too much with the footy that leaves us exposed on the turnover or when his teammates sprint forward.
Jy is most effective in space when he can burn off his opponent and kick the ball inside 50. As we saw against the Demons.
His role is at half forward and moving up the ground.

Play within your limits. Thats leading by example.
Not trying to do too much with the footy that leaves us exposed on the turnover or when his teammates sprint forward.
Jy is most effective in space when he can burn off his opponent and kick the ball inside 50. As we saw against the Demons.
His role is at half forward and moving up the ground.
Is that just Jy or everyone one our list. Play to your limits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back