Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like he might have been subtly concussed late in the 4th quarter? Copped a head knock and looked a bit dazed for a moment.

Won't be shocked to see him appear on the injury report this week if my eyes didn't deceive me.

I feel like he might have been subtly concussed late in the 4th quarter? Copped a head knock and looked a bit dazed for a moment.

Won't be shocked to see him appear on the injury report this week if my eyes didn't deceive me.
Agree. Looked dazed to me as well. Hell of a good game however. The dancing feet even made a few appearances.

It’s a worry with his history. I thought he copped another a couple of weeks ago too, so maybe I’m just looking for it.

Didn’t see the incident at the ground, was it captured on broadcast? Not to be an alarmist but another concussion could write the year off and you’d imagine there would be real concern for his long term future.

Didn’t see the incident at the ground, was it captured on broadcast? Not to be an alarmist but another concussion could write the year off and you’d imagine there would be real concern for his long term future.
12.55 on the clock in the last quarter. Seems to cop a knock as he goes to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hate to say it but he was clearly rocked in that incident. i was in denial at first but after seeing the replay its not good.

scared for him.
He ran to a contest and laid a tackle 25 seconds later. For all we know he was spent and regaining his breath. Doesn’t appear to hit his head in any form, it’s his body. Got back up and played the game flawlessly, would be very surprised if something came of it.

He ran to a contest and laid a tackle 25 seconds later. For all we know he was spent and regaining his breath. Doesn’t appear to hit his head in any form, it’s his body. Got back up and played the game flawlessly, would be very surprised if something came of it.
hope youre right mate.

hope youre right mate.
Understand the concern, it is a delicate situation and we all think the worst. Will find out tomorrow I am sure. However I would like to think our medical staff would treat JY with extra care and would have assessed it and ticked it off seeing as he finished game and was still so long left when happened.

Looks like maybe sparrow kicks him in the head?

Super hard to see tbh
No Sparrow jumps over him. It's hard to tell from this view because of the bodies but he either cops a boot from Zurhaar or Howes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back