Discussion 2012 List Management: De-Listings, Trades, Drafting & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did that TDL rumour come from? Bang on the money.

The Saints, meanwhile, have moved to secure a replacement for Cripps in negotiating a trade of a late pick for Sydney small forward Trent Dennis-Lane.
The Saints are seeking to load up with a fast forward line blending in quick recruits Tom Lee and Dennis-Lane to complement the pace of Rhys Stanley and Terry Milera.
Melbourne is still trying to find a pick to be able to trade to St Kilda for Farren Ray, who is still in contract and the Saints are happy to keep.
If Melbourne ruck-forward Stefan Martin were to be traded to Brisbane, the Demons would try to include that pick in a trade to St Kilda.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints-hold-out-hope-on-late-trade-for-brown-20121025-2880l.html#ixzz2AJdFbRkL

I am also starting to agree with the sentiment of a big FU to WCE and Essendon and any other club who still see the trade period as some sort of Vegas card table where you try to fleece other clubs. This attitude is why it took clubs like Carlton so long to get with the program when the trade week first came in.
I think, keep the high picks we have and even try to trade with GWS for a higher pick, then use those picks for the best available KPDs in the draft. Once in the program we use our new Academy to fast track them to senior football.

So folks.......here are the rumours affecting us and still on the go for tomorrow:

1. Brown to us (If Brian says it is done then it is done - pending Essendon)
  2. Cripps to WCE (just a matter of what pick)
  3. Jacobs to us (Nth lost interest apparently) - could we offload a pick in the 40's
  4. Ray to Melb - this might help the Brown trade?
  5. Saints player to GWS??? Up to the player apparently. Dont know much more than that.

I don't want to go into the merits of each - I just wanted to narrow down the potential topics for tomorrow.

Any others?

milne and schneids are still here.. how are we going to fit them all in?

as much as love him, i cant see milne going beyond next season. having said that, i said the same thing this time last year. god he's a freak

if we do get TDL i swear we have to move heaven and earth to bring brad smith out of retirement. queue 3 flags in a row!!!!

So folks.......here are the rumours affecting us and still on the go for tomorrow:

1. Brown to us (If Brian says it is done then it is done - pending Essendon)
  2. Cripps to WCE (just a matter of what pick)
  3. Jacobs to us (Nth lost interest apparently) - could we offload a pick in the 40's
  4. Ray to Melb - this might help the Brown trade?
  5. Saints player to GWS??? Up to the player apparently. Dont know much more than that.
  6. TDL to Saints

I don't want to go into the merits of each - I just wanted to narrow down the potential topics for tomorrow.

Any others?

as much as love him, i cant see milne going beyond next season. having said that, i said the same thing this time last year. god he's a freak

if we do get TDL i swear we have to move heaven and earth to bring brad smith out of retirement. queue 3 flags in a row!!!!
Stephen Milne to go until his 37-38 :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your thinking but he might not be tall enough. At 193 centimetres - he is 2-3 centimetres short of what Scott Watters wants. I don't know enough about the guy but not a bad Plan B at 100kgs.

Yeah 2cm short. But you know, no matter how many times you drive around the block you just can't find a vacent ( free ) car park within a block of Etihad. You know what you want but it just isnt there.

I dare say he's gone no where near replicating this. Worth a shot if 'late pick' really does mean late pick.

He's showed really good signs, i agree worth a 'late' pick.. I think this video also shows why we should def not get Bower haha. Always known bower was shit

Thanks, but no thanks.

Trading in Lee and Hickey (and possibly Brown) as mature agers to cover holes on our list was a good move, as they're quality players.

Bringing in Dennis Lane just reeks of being a Lyon-esque trade. We've got plenty of small forwards/flankers, and he's not close to being a best 22 player when up against Milne, Saad, Schneider, and Milera. Even if its for a late pick it'd be a bad idea as its one less spot for a kid or for someone (Curren) to come off the rookie list.

It sucks i probably won't be able to come on and find out if we land Brown and and any others until late. Stuff work aghh!!

Thanks, but no thanks.

Trading in Lee and Hickey (and possibly Brown) as mature agers to cover holes on our list was a good move, as they're quality players.

Bringing in Dennis Lane just reeks of being a Lyon-esque trade. We've got plenty of small forwards/flankers, and he's not close to being a best 22 player when up against Milne, Saad, Schneider, and Milera. Even if its for a late pick it'd be a bad idea as its one less spot for a kid or for someone (Curren) to come off the rookie list.

there may be another trade that has to happen for this one to go through, is the feeling i get. surely GWS need atleast another 1-2 mature age players.

He always dominates the NEAFL as you said you know. I have seen stats of him Kicking 10, 8, 9, 6, 7 goals a game!! If he can bring that to AFL Level then Wooww good be VERY handy.

and west coast complain of the divide between wafl and afl. imagine how the swans feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back